Part II: Erfa Canada says new thyroid pills are fine: Thyroid Patients worldwide exclaim HOG WASH!!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Part II: Erfa Canada says new thyroid pills are fine: Thyroid Patients worldwide exclaim HOG WASH!!

Another nightmare for thyroid patients who depend on Natural Desiccated Thyroid.

If you are new to this subject, 2014 saw new batches of the Canadian Erfa Thyroid come out, along with patients worldwide reporting a return of hypothyroid symptoms in the worst way…sooner or later. It was eerily similar to what happened with Armour thyroid in 2009 after Forest Labs changed the way the pill was made. You can read about this travesty with Erfa Thyroid on the following May 8, 2014 blog post page: here: http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/20 ... roid-back/ It is followed by a massive amount of posts, comparing batch numbers as well as symptoms which have returned. It’s all a must read!

Rest of article: http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/20 ... -hog-wash/

ilovethesea

I'm starting to wonder if these companies aren't doing this on purpose. First Armour, then Erfa, also there is currently a shortage of Mexican thyroid and some people were just told Grossman is going to stop making Cyno and Cyto??? This is madness.

Erfa is the only NDT available to Canadian patients and it used to work ok (although has crappy excipients). Canadian Cytomel is so weak and expensive, you might as well bury your $100 in a hole in the ground. Now there is literally no option for Canadians to get a decent T3 med through the "system".

I found this in the comments:

Angie said:
When ERFA supposedly looked into the problem, I asked (coming from a laboratory background) to see the data and was refused unless I would sign an agreement not to publicize what I saw. Since others had had problems and I had a moral dilemma with that agreement, I refused.

These pharma companies are seriously EVIL.

burtlancast

Yet another reason for people to start producing their own medications, in their own homes.

tara

burtlancast said:
Yet another reason for people to start producing their own medications, in their own homes.
Any idea how to make or extract T3 in our own kitchens?

burtlancast

We all might have to become chemists...(in our own kitchens)

ilovethesea

I found this: http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/medical-books/
See #5:
5) 1906 A Manual of Metria Medica and Pharmacology (for students, druggists, pharmacists, and physicians) by Lea Brothers & Co. Philadelphia and New York.

Page 663: Explains the making of Sheep Thyroid desiccated powder: Remove external fat and connective tissue from thyroid glands taken from sheep immediately after killing; cut glands across, rejecting any with cysts or are hypertrophied, or otherwise abnormal; mince finely with healthy glands, dry at 32 -to 38 degrees C. (90-100 degrees F), powder dried product, remove all fat by treating with petroleum benzin, dry residue. It is a yellowish, amorphous powder, slight peculiar odor, containing the active ingredients of the thyroid tissue, partially soluble in water, 1 part equals 5 parts of fresh glands, ash p.c. …plus more details.

I can't believe I am seriously thinking of tracking down this book!!! What is the world coming to.

ilovethesea

Burtlancast, have you looked into John Horton of Legit Script .com? I just fell down a rabbit hole reading up on his role as some self appointed crusader shutting down supposedly "dangerous" online pharmacies.

Synthroid being the number 1 prescribed drug, it's all about stopping people from getting their own thyroid without a prescription and for cheaper... basically they are actively ruining sick people's quality of life (or even their life itself) and deliberately hoping they cause all sorts of other health problems.

People have NO IDEA how bad things have become.

burtlancast

Nothing surprises me anymore.
And i'm not under any illusions about the true motives of pharma firms buying up supplemement businesses.

I live in Europe, where you can't buy an aspirin bottle from outside EU without the customs confiscating it ( because it costs 3-4 times less than here).

The only solution i see is people getting together in small local groups and pooling their ressources for producing their own medications, without any intent of sale/profit to the outside.

tara

ilovethesea said:
See #5:
5) 1906 A Manual of Metria Medica and Pharmacology (for students, druggists, pharmacists, and physicians) by Lea Brothers & Co. Philadelphia and New York.

Page 663: Explains the making of Sheep Thyroid desiccated powder: Remove external fat and connective tissue from thyroid glands taken from sheep immediately after killing; cut glands across, rejecting any with cysts or are hypertrophied, or otherwise abnormal; mince finely with healthy glands, dry at 32 -to 38 degrees C. (90-100 degrees F), powder dried product, remove all fat by treating with petroleum benzin, dry residue. It is a yellowish, amorphous powder, slight peculiar odor, containing the active ingredients of the thyroid tissue, partially soluble in water, 1 part equals 5 parts of fresh glands, ash p.c. …plus more details.

I can't believe I am seriously thinking of tracking down this book!!! What is the world coming to.

Cool. :)
Poll: How many here, if you got your hands on a freshly killed sheep's thyroid, could identify if it was :
a. cystic?
b. hypertrophied?
:lol:
If it's for home use and you have a freezer at hand, I guess you could skip the defatting and dessication, and just finely mince the whole thyroid, and divide it up into little portions, and cook either before freezing or after freezing and before eating? Kind of like making chicken neck stock. Problem is it's not very portable.

schultz

I calculated that an average pig thyroid (from an american yorkie I suppose) would have would have 200 grains of thyroid. Everyone should get their own pig! You'd could feed it low PUFA and then you would have good pork and thyroid. :shock:

burtlancast

schultz said:
I calculated that an average pig thyroid (from an american yorkie I suppose) would have would have 200 grains of thyroid. Everyone should get their own pig! You'd could feed it low PUFA and then you would have good pork and thyroid. :shock:

Or this....

narouz

tara said:
ilovethesea said:
See #5:

Poll: How many here, if you got your hands on a freshly killed sheep's thyroid, could identify if it was :
a. cystic?
b. hypertrophied?
If it's for home use and you have a freezer at hand, I guess you could skip the defatting and dessication, and just finely mince the whole thyroid, and divide it up into little portions, and cook either before freezing or after freezing and before eating? Kind of like making chicken neck stock. Problem is it's not very portable.

It would seem do-able.
But for someone hypothyroid
that dosing is pretty finely tuned.
You'd probably have to go the powdering route
just to get it into a finely measurable state.

Here recently, when I somehow stopped having palpitations
so I was able to dose up to appropriate thyroid blood levels,
I did blood tests to check levels as I increased NDT doses.

At 1&1/2 grains my TSH was about 6.5
At 2 grains it was about 2.5
At 2&1/2 grains it was 0.5 or so.

So...small increases make big changes.

tara

narouz said:
tara said:
a. cystic?
b. hypertrophied?

It would seem do-able.
But for someone hypothyroid
that dosing is pretty finely tuned.
You'd probably have to go the powdering route
just to get it into a finely measurable state.

Here recently, when I somehow stopped having palpitations
so I was able to dose up to appropriate thyroid blood levels,
I did blood tests to check levels as I increased NDT doses.

At 1&1/2 grains my TSH was about 6.5
At 2 grains it was about 2.5
At 2&1/2 grains it was 0.5 or so.

So...small increases make big changes.
I think you can get around the need for fine tuning to some extent by mixing it thoroughly with a benign medium - eg stock - before freezing. I can adjust how many ice cubes of chicken neck stock I eat. There would still be a difficulting in callibrating from batch to batch - I think this is one of the issues Peat has with current NDT products, too, and why he favours the synthetic versions. They allow for greater precision and consistency. He talks about the old Armour being batch tested for consistent potency, and that that is no longer done.
The bulk of whole NWT would be greater than the dessicted, defatted powder that makes up the commercial NDT products, so somewhat easier.

Back
Top Bottom