Doubts About Eggshell Calcium?

Rayser

Charlie said:
Rayser, are you doing this to build up your stores? Or do you think you are burning that much? Just wondering why so much.

Hi Charlie - I was getting lots of grey hair and tried to fill my copper stores. It worked very well. But I had to drink lots of Coca-Cola to avoid the iron. I donated a lot of blood, too. My hair turned back to red.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Rayser said:
Charlie said:
Rayser, are you doing this to build up your stores? Or do you think you are burning that much? Just wondering why so much.

Hi Charlie - I was getting lots of grey hair and tried to fill my copper stores. It worked very well. But I had to drink lots of Coca-Cola to avoid the iron. I donated a lot of blood, too. My hair turned back to red.

Wow very cool!

Thank you.

Rayser

Yes, I thought so. The effect lasted for about 2 years. Now some are turning grey again. Some of my hair are red-grey-red, each a few centimeters. I am pretty sure it has to do with serotonin levels at the time, too. Big surprise: stress turns your hair grey.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I might actually be giving this a shot. Just wish I could get excited about the oyster part though. :(

HDD

I was thinking the same, Charlie, so I ate 4 tonight, but had to add milk, hnh, butter, salt and pepper. It might be too late for me to reverse grey. :(

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Just make sure you take steps to reduce the iron like Rayser said. I donate blood every 2 months, I also drink coke with my oysters and then follow it up with coffee.

honeybee

If depeleted copper is what causes graying hair, then what are the problems with supplementing copper pills? Besides the fact a pill is not from a food source.

Rayser

honeybee said:
If depeleted copper is what causes graying hair, then what are the problems with supplementing copper pills? Besides the fact a pill is not from a food source.

The supplement might oxidize the vitamins in your blood. I don't recommend it.

Rayser

honeybee said:

Plus: it's one of many reasons.

Rayser

Haagendazendiane said:
I was thinking the same, Charlie, so I ate 4 tonight, but had to add milk, hnh, butter, salt and pepper. It might be too late for me to reverse grey. :(

Nutr Cancer 1988;11(4):251-7. Cytotoxicity of extracts of spices to cultured cells. Unnikrishnan MC, Kuttan R Amala Cancer Research Centre, Kerala, India. The cytotoxicity of the extracts from eight different spices used in the Indian diet was determined using Dalton's lymphoma ascites tumor cells and human lymphocytes in vitro and Chinese Hamster Ovary cells and Vero cells in tissue culture. Alcoholic extracts of the spices were found to be more cytotoxic to these cells than their aqueous extracts. Alcoholic extracts of several spices inhibited cell growth at concentrations of 0.2-1 mg/ml in vitro and 0.12-0.3 mg/ml in tissue culture. Ginger, pippali (native to India; also called dried catkins), pepper, and garlic showed the highest activity followed by asafetida, mustard, and horse-gram (native to India). These extracts also inhibited the thymidine uptake into DNA.
(http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/vegetables.shtml)

pboy

is it the phosphoric acid in coke that prevents iron uptake, or something else in it?

HDD

Rayser said:
Haagendazendiane said:

Nutr Cancer 1988;11(4):251-7. Cytotoxicity of extracts of spices to cultured cells. Unnikrishnan MC, Kuttan R Amala Cancer Research Centre, Kerala, India. The cytotoxicity of the extracts from eight different spices used in the Indian diet was determined using Dalton's lymphoma ascites tumor cells and human lymphocytes in vitro and Chinese Hamster Ovary cells and Vero cells in tissue culture. Alcoholic extracts of the spices were found to be more cytotoxic to these cells than their aqueous extracts. Alcoholic extracts of several spices inhibited cell growth at concentrations of 0.2-1 mg/ml in vitro and 0.12-0.3 mg/ml in tissue culture. Ginger, pippali (native to India; also called dried catkins), pepper, and garlic showed the highest activity followed by asafetida, mustard, and horse-gram (native to India). These extracts also inhibited the thymidine uptake into DNA.
(http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/vegetables.shtml)

Well, I guess I will omit pepper. This is the only recipe I use it in because it makes it taste like my Mom's. Thanks for pointing this out.

honeybee

Well since I actually like oysters then I will try the TJs canned variety can't afford the fresh ones. Thanks for your help. And a coke.

edwardBe

I've searched the site as best I can, but I don't see any info on exactly how people consume the calcium acetate obtained from putting eggshell calcium in vinegar. And what are the proportions of eggshell to vinegar, please?

The reason I ask is that I can't seem to grind the eggshell fine enough for it not to feel like I'm eating sand.

Thanks for your time.

Ed

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

4peatssake

Charlie said:
Swandattur said:

Very cool. I wonder how effective this will be for getting the calcium out.
Yes, very cool and I'm wondering how much calcium is leached into the water as well.

Here is another "recipe" for this.

Egg Shell Water

This part caught my eye.

As I was researching the eating of eggshells, I found that it is still common practice in Norway for folks to grind the eggshells up with their coffee beans and steep them both together for a little extra morning calcium boost in their coffee. Now there’s an idea! Plus, egg shells apparently take some of the acid out of the coffee – making it more palatable.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals