Vitamin E Supplements

MIP1950

Regarding Unique-E, tried it twice and both times experienced loose stools. There's nothing on the bottle that tells what oil they're using but I suspect palm oil or perhaps, red palm oil, which is high in tocopherols and toctrienols. If that's the case, then it would explain my negative reaction to that product. I use Twinlab, unesterfied, mixed tocopherols, 400IU and I take, right now, 2000IU, daily.

And on the point of dosage, I see on the forums vitamin E dosages expressed in milligrams, when the measurement is IU. 100IU=66.7mg, so 400=268mg or to round it off, 270mg. 4000=2700mg. I apologize for the redundancy but when someone states a dose in milligrams, it can be misleading and inaccurate.

aarfai

Hey guys how much/mg of vitamin K should take if using the Unique E supplement suggested by Danny? Thank you in advance

YuraCZ

What is the best way to take vitamin E capsules. If I don't absorb fat soluble micronutrients well.. Open gelatin capsule and squeeze oil under tongue or just eat it with high fat meal like eggs with butter?

milk_lover

What is the best way to take vitamin E capsules. If I don't absorb fat soluble micronutrients well.. Open gelatin capsule and squeeze oil under tongue or just eat it with high fat meal like eggs with butter?
This is a good question because I recently bought Unique E 400 IU mixed tocopherols and I am interested in knowing the best method of taking it. I heard some people swish vitamin E after they take it out from the capsule in their mouths with some type of oil like coconut oil or olive oil. Another way would be maybe by taking it with a fat rich meal like you suggested plus taurine to enhance the absorption. Another method is the topical approach on your wrists or any thin skin on your body with oil like CO or OO. I don't know which way is the best though.

@haidut I know you mentioned before that Unique E has changed their formula and now it's not as effective as it used to be. Do you still hold that belief?

haidut

Forum Supporter
This is a good question because I recently bought Unique E 400 IU mixed tocopherols and I am interested in knowing the best method of taking it. I heard some people swish vitamin E after they take it out from the capsule in their mouths with some type of oil like coconut oil or olive oil. Another way would be maybe by taking it with a fat rich meal like you suggested plus taurine to enhance the absorption. Another method is the topical approach on your wrists or any thin skin on your body with oil like CO or OO. I don't know which way is the best though.

@haidut I know you mentioned before that Unique E has changed their formula and now it's not as effective as it used to be. Do you still hold that belief?

Yes, I still do and actually concur with Ray that currently no vitamin E product on the market comes even close to the original vitamin E used before 1950. I am about to release a vitamin E supplement from wheat germ oil and once people have tried it you will see that there can be no comparison. Once again, I am shocked at how compromised our food supply has become, and that includes supplements. We are being fed organic matter that is more often than not a waste material of some industry. And we are paying dearly for such waste, both with money and our health.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I've been wondering if I should use vitamin E from wheat germ oil because of celiac disease. According to this link (from a dietician!) It should be okay since it is highly refined and lacking wheat proteins. If anyone has further information to help me make a decision I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm going to continue my search regardless. Last year I wouldn't have worried too much but my celiac flared up with a vengeance recently from being too lax so I'm back to being really strict these days.:help
Vitamin E from wheat germ oil - Gluten Free Dietitian

Simonsays

Ive had terrible bowel problems with both Unique E and Swansons. Ive heard Peat say this maybe due to viscosity issues??

Can you open up a capsule and just rub it in your skin with some C Oil as milk lover suggests?

haidut

Forum Supporter
I might try some, especially as its certified kosher!!

Will Haiduts E supplement be certified kosher/halal??

Yes, it is certified kosher. I don't think it is certified as halal even though I have hear that the regulations are similar.

milk_lover

Yes, I still do and actually concur with Ray that currently no vitamin E product on the market comes even close to the original vitamin E used before 1950. I am about to release a vitamin E supplement from wheat germ oil and once people have tried it you will see that there can be no comparison. Once again, I am shocked at how compromised our food supply has become, and that includes supplements. We are being fed organic matter that is more often than not a waste material of some industry. And we are paying dearly for such waste, both with money and our health.
That's really alarming. I still remember you quoting Peat in one of the Generative Energy podcasts that sometimes taking certain supplements could hinder you more than provide benefits. When I take so many supplements I can't tell which one is helping and which one is not.

Yeah I consider kosher to be just like halal in terms of purity. I consume it without worrying.

But why do we care about halal or kosher unless haidut is intending to sell vitamin E in capsules?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Have you decided if you will replace the vitamin E in all your products to the wheat germ sourced vitamin E or only have a stand alone wheat germ based vitamin E supplement? I'm not sure yet if I can use the wheat germ based vitamin E and I seem to keep getting conflicting information. This RN says no.
Wheat Germ Oil -
Anyway I'm not trying to be a pain but if you could announce if you decide switch the vitamin E in your other products that would be great and maybe by then I will have figured out my dilemma.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Have you decided if you will replace the vitamin E in all your products to the wheat germ sourced vitamin E or only have a stand alone wheat germ based vitamin E supplement? I'm not sure yet if I can use the wheat germ based vitamin E and I seem to keep getting conflicting information. This RN says no.
Wheat Germ Oil -
Anyway I'm not trying to be a pain but if you could announce if you decide switch the vitamin E in your other products that would be great and maybe by then I will have figured out my dilemma.

The wheat germ oil vitamin E supplement would be its own supplement. If I were to use it as the base for the other supplements like EstroBan and MitoLipin it would make them much more expensive. Also, I think it would help if people are able to try the wheat germ oil (WGO) tocopherol supplement on its own and see first-hand the difference. After trying it myself I am convinced that the difference the old and studies have observed is not due to the various tocopherol isomers like alpha, gamma, beta and delta but the fact that a WGO vitamin E contains much more than just the tocopherols. The waxes, phenols, sterols and squalene in the germ oil extracted vitamin E somehow synergize with the actual tocopherols to produce its amazing anti-estrogenuic and pro-metabolic effects that Peat observed. If nothing else, the taste is quite distinctive and having tried most of the commercially available tocopherol supplements I can tell you that nothing comes even close to matching it. The closest in taste would be a combination of fattiness taste of tahini and intense bitterness of fresh unrefined olive oil. The other tocopherols available commercially are probably still very useful as solvents but the metabolic effects they have are nothing like the WGO extracted vitamin E. My heart rate goes from 80 to 100 within 5 minutes after taking 1tsp of the WGO vitamin E. I'd say the effect is pretty similar to taking thyroid.
Just my 2c.

javin

My heart rate goes from 80 to 100 within 5 minutes after taking 1tsp of the WGO vitamin E. I'd say the effect is pretty similar to taking thyroid.

This sounds like some awesome stuff. When will it be available?

ravster02

haidut said:
The wheat germ oil vitamin E supplement would be its own supplement. If I were to use it as the base for the other supplements like EstroBan and MitoLipin it would make them much more expensive. Also, I think it would help if people are able to try the wheat germ oil (WGO) tocopherol supplement on its own and see first-hand the difference. After trying it myself I am convinced that the difference the old and studies have observed is not due to the various tocopherol isomers like alpha, gamma, beta and delta but the fact that a WGO vitamin E contains much more than just the tocopherols. The waxes, phenols, sterols and squalene in the germ oil extracted vitamin E somehow synergize with the actual tocopherols to produce its amazing anti-estrogenuic and pro-metabolic effects that Peat observed. If nothing else, the taste is quite distinctive and having tried most of the commercially available tocopherol supplements I can tell you that nothing comes even close to matching it. The closest in taste would be a combination of fattiness taste of tahini and intense bitterness of fresh unrefined olive oil. The other tocopherols available commercially are probably still very useful as solvents but the metabolic effects they have are nothing like the WGO extracted vitamin E. My heart rate goes from 80 to 100 within 5 minutes after taking 1tsp of the WGO vitamin E. I'd say the effect is pretty similar to taking thyroid.
Just my 2c.

Is there an ETA on the vitamin E?

I'm close to ordering another round of your supps but if vitamin e is coming out soon then I'd rather wait wait so I don't have to pay double the international shipping fee.

lindsay

Has anyone on here tried the Vitamin E oil from Health Natura? One of the options is derived from Palm Oil, which I thought would be one of the best options. I actually bought virgin palm oil a long time ago and intended to try and eat it regularly, but it tastes something terrible.