More Sources Of Good Quality Vitamin E

haidut

Forum Supporter
To those preferring the pills, here is another alternative which seems to have become available in the last month or so:
http://www.nowfoods.com/Supplements/Pro ... fMWm22AG88

It's pure alpha-tocopherol, unlike the other sources I have posted that contain a mixture of all 4 tocopherol isomers (alpha, beta, gamma, delta). Each pill contains 400IU of alpha-tocopherol and is based on the proprietary Sun E 900 IU extract, which has 900IU of alpha-tocoherol per gram. This means the concentration/purity is not as high as the Lotioncrafter product but it's the purest source of alpha-tocopherol that I was able to find retail, and it says it's soy-free. I don't know of any other product on the market, including AC Grace and even Lotiocrafter that are not sourced from soy. So far, this seems to be the only one, but I think the vendors are beginning to realize there is a market for soy-free and high purity vitamin E, and more vendors may introduce products like that. Time will tell, I guess.
Btw, I have several bottles of the above product and take about 10 pills daily to get that 2500mg tocopherol that reduces estrogen by 65%, as mentioned in my previous posts. So far, good effects, including boost in libido, which it seems is probably the most reliable test for quality when it comes to vitamin E.
Finally, it seems you can get the product from Amazon and many other vendors so feel free to shop around for the best price.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Great, thanks for the info. As far as the Solgar goes - I asked the company and they told me that it is sourced from soy and it is also diluted with safflower oil. So the total concentration of tocopherol in a given volume is less than 50%. But it is nice to have some additional sources for tocopherol. Please post this info in the thread about tocopherol products as well.

Dan W

Awesome find, thanks Haidut. Now that I've got a big ol' grid of options, I'm going to send them to Peat, hoping he'll have some feedback. That NOW one seems ideal for the soy/wheat-sensitive.

haidut said:
Please post this info in the thread about tocopherol products as well.
If you're referring to the "Good quality vitamin E" thread, that product's already been mentioned, but I added a post pointing to this thread as well.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
mother said:

The label says 1000IU, which I assume means concentration of 1000IU/g, which is about 670mg/g, which is about 67% purity. Not bad, but I'd be interested to find out what the other 33% of the contents is. If it's something benign like medium chain triglycerides then cool. But if it's some vegetable oil then I'd be cautious. Still, I'd try to get my hands on it and try it.

Dan W

mother said:
Dan what about vitamin E at Purebulk.com?
Thank you, I can't believe I didn't think to check there. I've overhauled my product data page to include that one (and a couple more that 4peatssake found). And I sent a big ol' e-mail to Peat about all this, so hopefully he responds and can recommend something.

haidut said:
Not bad, but I'd be interested to find out what the other 33% of the contents is. If it's something benign like medium chain triglycerides then cool. But if it's some vegetable oil then I'd be cautious.
Unfortunately it turns out the remainder is sunflower oil.

Abc123

Hey @haidut are you still consuming the high does Vitamin E?

I was on Anastrozole 1mg daily for 3 weeks and my blood labs came back at

Testosterone - 1839 (250-1100)

Free Test - 105.4 (46-224)

Estradiol - 50 (<39)

SHBG - 106 (10-57)

I have stopped the anastrozole. I wonder if the Vitamin E will work better for me.

Could the High Shbg be from the med?

Thank you!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hey @haidut are you still consuming the high does Vitamin E?

I was on Anastrozole 1mg daily for 3 weeks and my blood labs came back at

Testosterone - 1839 (250-1100)

Free Test - 105.4 (46-224)

Estradiol - 50 (<39)

SHBG - 106 (10-57)

I have stopped the anastrozole. I wonder if the Vitamin E will work better for me.

Could the High Shbg be from the med?

Thank you!

No, I don't use such high doses vitamin E any more. Recent studies showed that "even" 500mg tocopherols daily have powerful anti-estrogen effects, so no need to go with crazy doses that can increase bleeding risk by depleting vitamin K.

Abc123

No, I don't use such high doses vitamin E any more. Recent studies showed that "even" 500mg tocopherols daily have powerful anti-estrogen effects, so no need to go with crazy doses that can increase bleeding risk by depleting vitamin K.

Thank you Georgi!

I will try the Vitamin E along with Aspirin and Vit K (I have your product Kuinone)