Supplement List

4peatssake

Jenn

Dean said:
I'm a little confused on the gelatin front. I'm pretty sure I've read Dr. Peat writing against consuming hydrolyzed protein, but the consensus here seems to be that he recommends hydrolyzed collagen over regular (non-hydrolyzed) gelatin. Can someone here explain or point to me where Dr. Peat has explained why hydrolyzed protein, in general, is bad but when it comes to gelatin (also, protein) only the hydrolyzed is recommended? Thanks.

I don't know Peat's explanation, but I have been told the processing to make it dissolve in cold water makes it less effective for healing benefits...so you would have to use twice as much for the same benefit.

Gabriel

Has "Carlson Labs Ddrops Liquid Vitamin D3 4000 IU" been discontinued? Its not available anymore at iherb unfortunately..

Dan W

Gabriel said:
Has "Carlson Labs Ddrops Liquid Vitamin D3 4000 IU" been discontinued? Its not available anymore at iherb unfortunately..

Interesting, it's missing from Carlson's site, and a reviewer on Amazon mentions that the seller there is shipping out old, nearly-expired stock.

As far as I can tell, the replacement is "Carlson Super Daily D3". It's still cholecalciferol, but with a bit of vitamin E and suspended in "medium chain triglyceride oil (coconut and palm source)", which is probably fine. It's available directly from Carlson, Amazon, iHerb (only up to 2000iu), and eVitamins.

Off to update my site...

Gabriel

Thanks for the update Dan. Maybe iHerb dropped the 4000 because many internationals and europeans order there and sometimes there is trouble with customs importing pills with more than 2000IE/pill. Our european legislation at its best again :|

J

j.

I wonder if Unique E should be removed from the list. Or maybe we should wait a few more months until more people try some of the new recommendations around.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I am thinking it should be removed to. Unless someone disagrees??

mother

LotionCrafter has niacinamide powder USP. It is "considered cosmetic grade material once we repackage it."

Does this mean I can't ingest their brand or is it just a caution that the niacinamide was repackage?
I don't want to order if I can't use this brand both internally and externally.

Dan W

Here's the full quote:
LotionCrafter said:
Our Niacinamide meets USP specifications, but it is considered a cosmetic grade material once we repackage it.

This is a cosmetic raw material and is meant for external use only in cosmetic formulations. As with all of our materials, it should not be taken internally.

I suspect they're trying to imply that it could hypothetically be used as a supplement, but that they can't legally suggest doing so.

mother

Re: Pure Bulk-Biotin 1% or Pure Biotin??

Pure Bulk sells both Biotin 1% and pure Biotin. The site cautions that only skilled professionals should order pure Biotin. Has anyone order Biotin from Pure Bulk and which one did you order?
Thanks.

Mittir

Does Ray Peat recommend Biotin supplement? If he does, what is a good brand
and how much he recommends. RP quote on biotin

Vitamins D, K, B6 and biotin are also closely involved with carbon dioxide metabolism. Biotin deficiency can cause aerobic glycolysis with increased fat synthesis."
-Ray Peat, PhD

loess

Egg yolks and liver?

juanitacarlos

Aspirin - I bought some pure aspirin a few months ago which I can recommend from here

It's only $6.20 for a pound and I believe it's free shipping in the US? I've been using it daily for about 2 months without issue.

Also, it's the only place I have found who will ship it OS (I'm in Australia - it was very cheap shipping).

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
That's the one I use on my skin.