Supplement List

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I have Xtend BCAA and it has soy in it, guess thats out of the question.

BingDing

Sugar in the list is left to be updated. I've been using organic Florida Crystals, which has a slight brown tint from leftover molasses. I was worried a bit because molasses is high in iron but from what I can figure out there is just a trace amount of either molasses or iron in it.

I would use the cheapest commercial sugar if I knew it was OK. Has anyone come to a conclusion about a good sugar to use in the US?

TIA

cliff

BingDing said:
Has anyone come to a conclusion about a good sugar to use in the US?

C&H

BingDing

Thanks Cliff. Not available on the right coast, unfortunately. I guess all I am really concerned about is pesticide residue, so any organic sugar should be OK.

BingDing

Activated Charcoal- the first product on the list is sourced from this place. They don't even sell the 10 oz jar sold by Amazon but have a 40 oz jar for $27.56 +s&h, a much better deal. It's also about 20% cheaper than the second product on the list at Amazon.

No sense in spending more than you need to.

FWIW, Crunchy Betty has a page about whitening teeth with the stuff.

BingDing

Rachel said:
FWIW, Domino®, C&H®, Florida Crystals®, Redpath®, Jack Frost® and Tate & Lyle® brands of sugar are all produced by the same company.

I know, the Fanjul brothers. And Domino is almost the poster child for the whole sordid history of colonialism and slavery. From the Wiki page

The Fanjul brothers were parodied in Carl Hiaasen's 1993 novel Strip Tease, which features a pair of Cuban brothers who own a large sugar conglomerate, that receives enormous profits from the exploitation of immigrant labor and the subsidies regularly voted to them by the United States Congress.[4]

The brothers also were a focus in the Jamie Johnson documentary The One Percent, which showcases the corrupt use of cane workers and especially "imported" labor. The U.S. Dept. of Labor's "List of Goods Produced by Child or Forced Labor"[5] report lists sugarcane from the Domincan Republic as having child and forced labor. This is a major source of sugarcane[6] for Domino Foods which is owned by Florida Crystals and the Fanjul brothers.

So, who else makes cane sugar in the US?

kiran

BingDing said:
So, who else makes cane sugar in the US?

To think that the very people who started the tariffs on sugar that made America sicker also benefit from our consumption of sugar. :x

BingDing

jaa said:
Does anyone know the recommended dose of eggshell powder?

Danged but if I didn't run across this, jaa, from Peatarian. I was wondering the same thing.

I imagine calcium carbonate powder is okay because the body can read this form of calcium but the impurities will be a problem after a while. Powdered egg shells or powdered oysters shells are much better. 1 Tablespoon a day would be fine.

From page 8 of this thread.

some magnesium supps u may be able to add to the list....

"Use natural sources of magnesium, such as pure, organic fruit juice, or
an epsom salts bath (1/2 cup in a tub, soak for 20 minutes), BioNativus Liquid minerals
or Magnesium Taurate are good sources of magnesium" -lita lee

Birdie

mdrsports31 said:
some magnesium supps u may be able to add to the list....

"Use natural sources of magnesium, such as pure, organic fruit juice, or
an epsom salts bath (1/2 cup in a tub, soak for 20 minutes), BioNativus Liquid minerals
or Magnesium Taurate are good sources of magnesium" -lita lee

Yes, Ray recommends natural sources in juice and also using epsom salt baths. He says to use a pound in the tub. I thought the epsom salt baths were listed in the supps.

I've heard Ray say that he uses Magnesium oil on the skin. He doesn't much trust supplements since they can have added toxic ingredients.

Birdie

Is there an error in the Coconut Oil listing? I didn't see the word, "refined", and that is what Ray always recommends.

The other thing I noticed is that Ray's name is attached to the Progest-E. He says he's had no connection with it for many years. He did formulate it in the beginning, so that may be what's intended in the list.

It might be more clear to a newbie if it were called just Progest-E as it is on the label. Maybe you could mention that Ray formulated it underneath or something?

BingDing

Birdie said:
Yes, Ray recommends natural sources in juice and also using epsom salt baths. He says to use a pound in the tub. I thought the epsom salt baths were listed in the supps.

I've heard Ray say that he uses Magnesium oil on the skin. He doesn't much trust supplements since they can have added toxic ingredients.

Interesting that Ray uses topical Mg oil, Birdie, I'd never heard that. I'm a huge fan of the stuff.

FWIW, the ancient minerals source of Mg oil also sells bath salts of Mg oil (essentially Mg Chloride). They say there is a lot more Mg in the water than with epsom salts, but I figured it is a good bit more expensive, too. I've never been a bath guy so it doesn't matter to me, 20 sprays of the oil after a shower does it for me. (And I am some kind of glad that it does!! Very important mineral for everyone and every way of eating).

Birdie

That does sound great, BingDing. I've got to get some of that oil when I get a bit more energy. Thanks.