Supplement help please!

Snosh1

Hello I was wondering what is the best thyriod sup I can buy on amazon UK and what other supplants you recommend I take. I am 16, slightly overweight since coming from the paleo diet. I have just bought pregnenolone and epsom bath salts. I know you may say i am to young to be using pregnenolone but I feel crap all the time and it seems it can make a big difference. Thanks for your help in advance.

HDD

Snosh1 said:
Hello I was wondering what is the best thyriod sup I can buy on amazon UK and what other supplants you recommend I take. I am 16, slightly overweight since coming from the paleo diet. I have just bought pregnenolone and epsom bath salts. I know you may say i am to young to be using pregnenolone but I feel crap all the time and it seems it can make a big difference. Thanks for your help in advance.

You can do many things to improve your health before supplementing thyroid. Improving the diet will make a huge difference, starting with eliminating pufa. Insuring that you get adequate quality protein is essential. Dairy is very important.

RP-
"The ratio of calcium to phosphate is very important; that's why milk and cheese are so valuable for weight loss, or for preventing weight gain. For people who aren't very active, low fat milk and cheese are better, because the extra fat calories aren't needed."

How do you know you need thyroid? Are you tracking your pulse and temperature?

RP-
“My recommendation is to eat to increase the metabolic rate (usually temperature and heart rate), rather than any particular foods.”

Since you are young, your body can heal quicker. I started with my diet and was able to improve my metabolism without the use of thyroid. I used sugar and salt like a supplement. I also try to get sunlight several days of the week. Using refined coconut oil is important. A daily carrot salad or carrot is recommended.

RP-
"Yes, that's why a resistant (antiseptic) fiber such as bamboo shoots or raw carrot helps with weight loss, it reduces endotoxin and the stress hormones, and lets the liver metabolize more effectively."

It takes time to figure out these things but it is great that you are starting at a young age. Keep reading Ray Peat and learning.

OP
S

Snosh1

Thankyou for taking the time to reply to me. I appreciate your suggestions
I am currently reading thyroid and enzyme nutrition by lita lee and ray peat and I am learning new things everyday. Thankyou for your help

J

j.

Peat doesn't seem to be a believer of Lita Lee's enzymes stuff. Just thought I'd point out.

Mittir

RP mentioned in audio interviews that people used to get half a grain of
glandular thyroid supplement daily from natural foods like
whole chicken and whole fish stew.Chicken neck and fish heads are rich source of
thyroid hormone. I think it would be a good idea for you to discuss with
your doctor or parents before you start experimenting with hormones.
Supplements can not solve any health issues without proper nutrition.

OP
S

Snosh1

Does anyone know where I can buy peats books on amazon or anywhere online in uk?

aguilaroja

Snosh1 said:
Does anyone know where I can buy peats books on amazon or anywhere online in uk?

Dr. Peat self-publishes his books, and mainly sells them directly. As you have probably read, raypeat.com site says:

"Although we removed the page for ordering books several months ago, there's still a backlog of orders, so there can be a very long delay, but the orders are still being filled."

Lita Lee's website appears to stock two of them as well
(all due respect, this is not an endorsement of Lita Lee's work, though she is influenced by Dr. Peat):

http://www.litalee.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=42

I do not know of a Eurpean distributor-perhaps others do. The books were selling for $6 to $12 U.S. (roughly £4 to £8), plus shipping, so profiteering individual sellers on Amazon prices charging 15 times more are getting a greedy markup.

While Dr. Peat has a modest operation, in recent times printing and self-publishing costs have come down while access is easier, especially for books with a simple layout.

Maybe one of the readers who is in close contact with Dr. Peat can find out if we (his readers & listeners) can help him improve publishing or distribution. (For instance, is there a big cash outlay for printing in bulk which is only recovered very slowly with sales?) With more readers & listeners thanks to the Web, demand for the books is likely to keep increasing.

By the way, for a new reader, I would probably recommend starting with the "From PMS to Menopause" book, in part because it is the most recent and covers some of the earlier material. The text is pertinent for men too. I enjoy all the books.