Supplements not working?

superhuman

I want to dive into the topic of supplements. I know RP isnt a fan of supplement and neither am i, but i can have benefits since alot of the food is bad and if your coming from a nutritional deficiency. I have tried ALOT of supplements during my time (8 years) that claimed to do this and that. Everything from herbs,"hormones as in T3 and thyroid", vitamins, minerals etc. Nothing has made a positive or negative impact on my health so im kind of questioning the whole thing since it doesnt give me anything. The only thing i have noticed did something is caffeine,aspirin,K2 and maybe T3 but i havent felt much from it. So i was wondering if one is taking supplements how important is it that its pure and clean and just in pure powder form without any pills or crap inside even tho i tend to get the cleanest ones and i also use pure powder as well.? what have been your experience with supplements? im talking about pregnenolone,niacin,DHEA,zinc,vitamin A,D,E etc etc etc etc

I never really noticed much either, from anything that I take. If I take too much salt I get burning eyes, though that isn't really a supplement.

I feel a noticeable difference in mood and energy when I supplement with vit. D and lots of B vitamins, I can't live without them. Oh and Progest-E and thyroid meds....can't live without those either.

J

j.

thebigpeatowski said:
I feel a noticeable difference in mood and energy when I supplement with vit. D and lots of B vitamins, I can't live without them. Oh and Progest-E and thyroid meds....can't live without those either.

I benefit from all 4 fat soluble vitamins. I believe E and K2 are the ones to start with, I'm not afraid of high doses, because these are the safest, if taken in the right forms, and reduce the need and risks of A and D. K2 particularly is important if one supplements D.

Hi j,
I have some K2 that I take on occasion, not everyday as I don't do the aspirin often. Why would one need more K2 if supplementing vit. D? I take D on rainy days when I can't get outside, mostly I try to get my D from the sun, but it's not so easy where I live.

J

j.

I'm not saying one would need a lot, maybe not at all if one consumes dark green vegetables and whole milk or butter or some organs. Vitamin D increases calcium absorption and vitamin K helps calcium go to the bones and not to the kidneys or arteries.

jyb

j. said:
K2 particularly is important if one supplements D.

I didn't know that.

I've supplemented D alone in the past and didn't notice anything when I stopped. I was taking it because there's little sun here, and I read that D could improve mood in winter. But I'm not sure if the effect was ever significant.

j. said:
I'm not saying one would need a lot, maybe not at all if one consumes dark green vegetables and whole milk or butter or some organs. Vitamin D increases calcium absorption and vitamin K helps calcium go to the bones and not to the kidneys or arteries.

Thanks j, that's good to know...I had switched to 1% milk, 0% fat greek yogurt and 1% cottage cheese in an effort to lose weight, but these commercial dairy items do not seem to agree with my intestines. Whole raw milk is soothing and delicious. I do enjoy well-cooked greens with grass fed butter as well, but I'm afraid I must give up butter for a bit while I try to lose this fat.

I have had two bloody noses while taking antihistamines to sooth gut inflammation, I rarely take aspirin so I think the antihistamines are making the inside of my nose too dry... my eyes feel dry too. I quit the antihistamines and took some vit. K today.... so far so good.