bromocritpine/parlodel causes insomnia

honeybee

I took parlodel for 5 weeks at 2.5 dose daily for anti-ageing and serotinin issues.
last week (would have been week 6) I started have insomnia issues. Racing thoughts, inability to drop off, jerking awake ... I thought it was actually the aspirin.caffeine.niaciniamide cocktail that I was taking, but soon put 2 and 2 together and realized it was the parlodel so I stopped both. I also stopped taking the cynoplus an cynomel-I was on minimal doses.
A week and half later, I am still not sleeping consistently-some nights I get great sleep, other nights I am up ALL night. I tried all of my usual sleep remedies -mag, upped salt alot, calcium, chocky milk, cynoplus-nothing helps (except benadryl).
Last night I tried 1500 mg of niacinamide to no avail so in desperation I took 25 mg of kids benadryl at 1:30 am and managed to get about 4 hours of sleep.
Any ideas? Since bromo increases dopamine,do I have too much dopamine? I think it might be adrenalyn since my mind is racing, but my body is exhausted. Any help is appreciated. Previous to taking the parlodel, i slept like a log.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Sounds like your metabolism is being pushed up too hard and you are running into stress hormone overload. Speculation on my part of course.

OP
honeybee

honeybee

Thanks Charlie. I hadn't recognized this as possibly pu shing up my metabolism. :eek: I resorted to l-theanine with magnesium and slept pretty good last nite. I think the extra salt is helping too.

OP
honeybee

honeybee

I'm posting this update because I know people have problems with sleep. It's probably not peaty but it's helping me. Going on. 3+ weeks of insomnia - tried everything that I had on hand -cynoplus, mel, ltheanine, taurine, megadoses of Niacinamide, tyrosine, bendryl, pregenonole, salt/sugR, milk, carbs....The only things that helped were alcohol and Benadryl. Not wanting to become an alcoholic or addicted to Benadryl, I continued to monitor my sleep issues and research. Discovered that those "waves" of whatever coursing through my body right as I try to drift off to sleep is probably cortisol. I started taking ashwaganda, vitamin c, and seriphos 2 nights ago. The first nite, I could still feel the cortisol so I took 4 seriphos and 1 Benadryl. Slept through the nite. I barely felt the cortisol last night. I am down to only half a Benadryl (I was taking 2-3 per nite) to kick me over the edge into sleep. It's working.
Lesson to self- don't push your body so hard to achieve health- it could go the opposite way and make things worse. :cry:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
honeybee, glad you are finally getting some relief.

OP
honeybee

honeybee

THanks Charlie
Unfortunately I feel like I'm starting over. I went off almost everthing that I was taking including the cyno's.
But last 2 nites I did not have to use benadryl-just ashwaganda and the Seriphos (which is phosphatidylserine). I just drop off to sleep now-its different than before this happened so I think I have had the stress hormone sleep issues for awhile. I used to have a "fight" reaction to sleep-I could feel my body resist then I would just drop off sleep and I can actually remember this feeling. Now, I just drop off-I dont remember it no resistance. And I wake up sometimes now, but I think this will go away. But when I wake up I can't remember dropping off. Weird.
Another intersting side note about the Seriphos is that my hair shedding is next to nothing when I wash and brush my hair. I have long hair so it's noticable. When I did a little research on phosphatidylserine, it seems this is one other positive effect.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
That happened to me a lot in the beginning. The jolting to wake just as you drop off. It happens every once in a while now. I chalked it off to adrenaline, becoming more sensitive to adrenaline, and also I figured cortisol was probably in it too. Later on I also figured estrogen was probably involved. I am just so glad it doesn't happen anymore like it use to. So it does get better. :)

OP
honeybee

honeybee

After months of bad sleep no sleep little sleep sometimes sleep and multiple remedies-I finally tried a nibble of Cynomel before bed 4 nights ago. (I had initially stopped it because I had pushed my metablism too far and I stopped all supps. ) I honestly was not expecting much (I had tried Cyno+ and made insomnia worse) but much to my intense relief I've slept normally every night since. Issue solved for me at least. :D

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals