Vitamin E In Canola, Other Oils Hurts Lungs

Suikerbuik

A large new study advances our understanding of vitamin E and ties increasing consumption of supposedly healthy, vitamin E-rich oils -- canola, soybean and corn -- to the rising incidence of lung inflammation and, possibly, asthma. The good news: vitamin E in olive and sunflower oils improves lungs. The study shows drastically different health effects of vitamin E depending on its form: gamma-tocopherol in soybean, canola and corn oil and alpha-tocopherol in olive and sunflower oils.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/05/140520220424.htm

Kasper

Hm... I thought haidut also uses vitamin E high in gamma-tocopherol in his products... ?

J

j.

Kasper said:
Hm... I thought haidut also uses vitamin E high in gamma-tocopherol in his products... ?

That seems the best form to take.

For the study they didn't supplement vitamin E, correct, but was influenced by which oils people consume?

J

j.

The good news: vitamin E in olive and sunflower oils improves lungs. The study shows drastically different health effects of vitamin E depending on its form: gamma-tocopherol in soybean, canola and corn oil and alpha-tocopherol in olive and sunflower oils.

Surely the other components of the oils didn't have effects...

A large new study advances our understanding of vitamin E...

When they write "a large new study" they give the impression something significant has been done, but it's nothing more than establishing a correlation between forms of vitamin E and some health makers in people with awful diets. What's the need for a science publication to so blatantly and needlessly mislead its readers? It's like a gossipy tabloid selectively highlighting and exaggerating to catch attention.

OP
Suikerbuik

Suikerbuik

Most studies are indeed flawed, but that's what most studies are. It's A fact we have to deal with. Sure that there are other substances involved, and what if people have little inflammation and eat almost no PUFAs and ...? Studies are not for conclusions. They based their observations on blood concentrations however.

Although most studies aren't for straight conclusion, the next might be something to take into consideration..

We have reported that, in mice, α-tocopherol supplementation
improves and γ-tocopherol supplementation
worsens eosinophilic lung inflammation and airway
hyperresponsiveness [12]. When treated with both α-
tocopherol and γ-tocopherol, γ-tocopherol ablates the
benefit of α-tocopherol [12]. In mechanistic studies, we
demonstrated that α-tocopherol inhibits and γ-tocopherol
increases leukocyte recruitment and the activation of protein
kinase Cα (PKCα) during leukocyte recruitment
[12-14]. Moreover, we demonstrated that these tocopherols
directly bind to PKCα and that α-tocopherol is an
antagonist and γ-tocopherol is an agonist of PKCα [14].
However, it is not known whether these tocopherol isoforms
have opposing associations with lung spirometry in
humans.

J

j.

Suikerbuik said:
Most studies are indeed flawed, but that's what most studies are. It's A fact we have to deal with.

I don't think science magazines selectively highlighting and exaggerating like a gossipy tabloid are immutable necessities of life.

OP
Suikerbuik

Suikerbuik

It's not the science magazines, it's the overall studies that may be done with best intentions but are no comparative to reality. Science magazines just have to deal what's being produced by researchers. Most reviewers by the way are quite controversial people and most only tend to believe what they have been thaught. In the end these people and people behind sciences magazines are just people like you and me.

What science is actually trying to reveal the truth or bring us complete understanding? It is very little.. Wrote something about this earlier, it's just the way things are and probably the only way to learn what is right and not right.

Maybe it's a LITTLE BIT of gamma which is natural.

J

j.

Such_Saturation said:

I personally tend to feel pretty good megadosing... Your vitamin E needs are influenced by your PUFA intake and PUFA stored.

j. said:
Such_Saturation said:

I personally tend to feel pretty good megadosing... Your vitamin E needs are influenced by your PUFA intake and PUFA stored.

I mean a little bit of gamma with mostly alpha. I think Progest-E is like that.

J

j.

I think whether you want higher gamma or alpha depends on the condition. For prostate health, for example, gamma tocopherol seems more important.

It's one body to me, I'm not gonna split in half to take different supplements. Evolution doesn't work like that.

J

j.

Such_Saturation said:
It's one body to me, I'm not gonna split in half to take different supplements. Evolution doesn't work like that.

So you eat the same foods and medicines when you're sick or healthy?

j. said:
Such_Saturation said:

So you eat the same foods and medicines when you're sick or healthy?

Yes, there is no difference. And if I got "sick" I would seriously reconsider my "healthy" food.

beta pandemic

A large new study advances our understanding of vitamin E and ties increasing consumption of supposedly healthy, vitamin E-rich oils -- canola, soybean and corn -- to the rising incidence of lung inflammation and, possibly, asthma. The good news: vitamin E in olive and sunflower oils improves lungs. The study shows drastically different health effects of vitamin E depending on its form: gamma-tocopherol in soybean, canola and corn oil and alpha-tocopherol in olive and sunflower oils.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/05/140520220424.htm

wow.. really interesting considering my recent reaction to gmo soy derived vitamin e supplement which touts "e complex".

GorillaHead

I just had to share this. For the past year or so I started to develop asthma issues more than I ever had. Like I haven't used an inhaler in ten years until about may 2022. When i finally needed it again.

This was bizarre and what made it worse was retinol or b6. And maybe even zinc. But i believe i finally know why. Gamma Vitamin E. Past 2 weeks my asthma started finally going away again. That is until i took a megadose 800iu of mixed vitamin E. Before that i was taking only gamma. And now i know why. Gamme E is bad. And its likely why e cigs were causing damage to peoples lungs. The vitamin E gamma.

I only advocate for alpha from now on. Especially after what haidut showed in a post that there is zero evidence that that actually deplete each other

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom