Vitamin E. Does It Raise Or Lower Progesterone?

mamaherrera

I was so happy popping my vitamin E 400mg daily, thinking it would help with all my issues, including raise progesterone. But I just read an article that says that 150 mg of E does help raise progesterone, but 300-600 daily actually lowers progesterone. Now I'm sad!! :evil:
http://www.livestrong.com/article/25990 ... gesterone/
And with my Vitamin E 400mg, how can I break them since they are Unique E, and can't be broken in smaller dosages!!

max219

They didn't mention anything about Alpha or Gamma tocopherols. Not sure if that makes a difference? Everything I've heard about mixed tocopherol Vitamin E is that taking more than is recommended is safe.

OP
M

mamaherrera

that wasn't specificed, but I saw it referenced twice, same author, but copied onto another site, but it would be so good to know for us women working on upping progesterone. I guess I could take 400mg every other day,b ut first it would be good to get some clear answers on this.

SQu

Also you could open it, use a little on your skin, swallow the rest.

Dan W

I'm having trouble finding any real reference for this. I wouldn't be surprised if the two levels mentioned were from 2 studies under different conditions, or with different forms of vitamin E, or with high-PUFA vitamin E supplements.

YuriA

This article is probably a bunk and the giveaway is the precision of the threshold - 150 UI. For all people? Or mice? Beside, the benefit of VitE is not just increasing progesterone but also lowering estrogen, in other words, restoring progesterone/estrogen healthy balance. This is more important that absolute progesterone or estrogen numbers. So, I would not worry about 400UI of VitE and would up it to 800IU (which I take).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals