T3 Experience; Odd Side Effect

jaywills

All,

In the last two days I have started supplementing T3 (Cynomel). I have only been taking 12mcg over the day, 3x 4mcg doses.

For the last two nights I have experienced many dreams, around 3/4 a night. This is completely new to me since starting the Cynomel, as I have not dreamt in the previous months prior to dosing. Can I just ask if this is a known side effect of T3 supplementation/ is this a good thing/ what does dreaming truly mean?

nograde

I think Ray sees dream-recall as a sign of too much adrenaline hence NOT a good sign. T3 makes you more sensitive to adrenaline's effects initially but levels should come down with time. Incidentally traditional chinese medicine also sees dream recall as a bad thing and tries to remedy it with some herbs.

Katty

Interesting. I switched from NDT to T3 and T4 about 6 weeks ago. I had already started to have more vivid dreams before that when I started B1, but the last several weeks after switching to T4/T3, the dreams are even more vivid-- (no real nightmares though unless I really under-eat).
Thought things were headed in the right direction but I guess my adrenaline is still going high =(

OP
J

jaywills

Ok thank you nograde. As i have just started dosing T3, i ideally would like to continue. Are there any ways to reduce Adrenaline, besides waiting for it to come down naturally?

I am also experiencing tiredness from the T3, but anxiety has disappeared. Are there any suggestions from Peat as to why this may be?

aguilaroja

jaywills said:
...For the last two nights I have experienced many dreams, around 3/4 a night. This is completely new to me since starting the Cynomel, as I have not dreamt in the previous months prior to dosing. Can I just ask if this is a known side effect of T3 supplementation/ is this a good thing/ what does dreaming truly mean?

It is frequent in my experience that with when metabolism is boosted, particularly in the beginning, that dreams become more vivid. I know individuals who have experienced this with different supportive measures, including pregnenolone, cytomel/liothyronine, gelatin, and progesterone, to name a few. I do recall the comment by Dr. Peat that was referred to. There do seem to be some dream/sleep states that reflect responses to high adrenalin.

However, my experience is that not all dream perceptions & recall are cause for dismay. In early investigations of Dr. Peat's methods, I recall clearly dreaming "in color" for the first time, which seemed to coincide with more curiosity and varied daytime activity.

AFAIK no one knows the meaning/purpose of sleep, or dreaming. Dr. Peat has mentioned useful ideas on the topics in many works, including his book "Mind and Tissue".

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/co2.shtml

"Darkness is stressful and catabolic. For example, in aging people, the morning urine contains nearly all of the calcium lost during the 24 hour period, and mitochondria are especially sensitive to the destructive effects of darkness. Sleep reduces the destructive catabolic effects of darkness. During the rapid-eye-movement (dreaming) phase of sleep, breathing is inhibited, and the level of carbon dioxide in the tissues accumulates. In restful sleep, the oxygen tension is frequently low enough, and the carbon dioxide tension high enough, to trigger the multiplication of stem cells and mitochondria.

"Dreams represent the “acceptor of action” operating independently of the sensory information that it normally interacts with. During dreams, the brain (using a system called the Ascending Reticular Activating System) disconnects itself from the sensory systems. I think this is the nervous equivalent of concentric/positive muscle activity, in the sense that the brain is in control of its actions. The active, dreaming phase of sleep occurs more frequently in the later part of the night, as morning approaches. This is the more stressful part of the night, with cortisol and some other stress hormones reaching a peak at dawn, so it would be reasonable for the brain's defensive processes to be most active at that time. The dreaming process in the brain is associated with deep muscle relaxation, which is probably associated with the trophic (restorative) actions of the nerves."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals