haidut

Forum Supporter
managing said:
Anybody know anything about?

It's an antihistamine with a chemical structure very similar to Benadryl and cyproheptadine. There are some studies showing it helps people with IBS, but other than that it seems it would be no different than taking over the counter Benadryl (diphenhydramine). It's probably best if some people who have taken it chime in with some first-hand reports.

Pointless

I have some Ketotifen Fumarate that I'm considering taking. I'm interested in its TNF-Alpha lowering, anti-serotonin, and mast cell stabilization. It comes in 1 mg tablets. I currently take Cyproheptadine 1 mg twice a day. I'm hoping to see if it can replace Cyproheptadine. Anyone have any guidance on dosage? I'm looking for comparable anti-serotonin effects to the dose of Cyproheptadine I'm taking.

haidut

Forum Supporter
I have some Ketotifen Fumarate that I'm considering taking. I'm interested in its TNF-Alpha lowering, anti-serotonin, and mast cell stabilization. It comes in 1 mg tablets. I currently take Cyproheptadine 1 mg twice a day. I'm hoping to see if it can replace Cyproheptadine. Anyone have any guidance on dosage? I'm looking for comparable anti-serotonin effects to the dose of Cyproheptadine I'm taking.

Actually, I'd stay away from ketotifen. It seem to powerfully promote NO synthesis, which would negate many of its other benefits especially when taken long run. Cypro and Benadryl are much better, and even as little as 1mg cypro should have antiserotnin and antihistamine effect.

Pointless

Actually, I'd stay away from ketotifen. It seem to powerfully promote NO synthesis, which would negate many of its other benefits especially when taken long run. Cypro and Benadryl are much better, and even as little as 1mg cypro should have antiserotnin and antihistamine effect.

I stopped taking it anyway. It didn't antagonize serotonin as well as Cyproheptadine.

DaveFoster

It has the fewest side effects I've ever seen from any drug:

"Side effects include drowsiness, weight gain, dry mouth, irritability, and increased nosebleeds."[10]

Ketotifen - Wikipedia

i'll be keeping this in mind, especially since my doctor is considering mast cell stabilizers for my high IgE

LCohen

I used it for 2 months. At first it was healing my gut/digestion, since it's a TLR4 antagonist. Now it's doing nothing for me. Not helping for sleep, digestion or anything.

japanesedude

1mg ketotifen makes me groggy. it bloats me and gives me frequent urination. quite annoying.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals