PETA Calls For a Strike on Sex With Meat-Eating Men

Makrosky

Oh I see, so you're a vigilante that gets to make up rules as you see fit. You're unhinged and unstable. And an animal murderer. And there are many of you.
You are sick. Don't have time for you. Second religious fanatic redneck blocked.

@Makrosky HYPOCRITE You're an animal murderer. You implied in post #120 that you are an eater of meat. Therefor you are an animal murderer and if enough vegans have their way you will be imprisoned... just like the way you call for others to be imprisoned for what you deem mistreatment of the animals they OWN.

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his a$$, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's. Exodus 20:17
I’m gonna say you are a bot trying to stir up trouble. First you say it’s disgusting to love your animal and then you call our friend an animal murderer. You have gotten no point across at all, except that you are a mean person.

InChristAlone

I’m gonna say you are a bot trying to stir up trouble. First you say it’s disgusting to love your animal and then you call our friend an animal murderer. You have gotten no point across all except that you are a mean person.
He was using hyperbole to make a point. Why should people be imprisoned for animal mistreatment when we kill animals for food? He is a libertarian and thus does not believe in criminal justice for those kinds of things. And just so we are clear again, the disgust for pet loving goes back to the original comment of anthropomorphizing which means giving human characteristics to animals. Let's try to explore the topic, if animals end up in heaven and have consciousness, what gives us any right to kill them for food? Wouldn't that be murder?

He was using hyperbole to make a point. Why should people be imprisoned for animal mistreatment when we kill animals for food? He is a libertarian and thus does not believe in criminal justice for those kinds of things. And just so we are clear again, the disgust for pet loving goes back to the original comment of anthropomorphizing which means giving human characteristics to animals. Let's try to explore the topic, if animals end up in heaven and have consciousness, what gives us any right to kill them for food? Wouldn't that be murder?
I clearly understand what he was saying, the nastiness was loud and clear. This passive aggressive behavior is exactly why I don’t go to church. Mistreating your dog is not the same as hunting food for your family. This is a bizarre thread, but I am real glad to see more clearly who is who on this forum.

Last edited:
Leviticus 11 :: NIV. You may eat any animal that has a split hoof completely divided and that chews the cud. "`There are some that only chew the cud or only have a split hoof, but you must not eat them. The camel, though it chews the cud, does not have a split hoof; it is ceremonially unclean for you.

Makrosky

Reminds me of Wendell Berry's point about acceptable contemporary prejudices: to hate old people, country people, Christian people.
AFAIK redneck has many meanings, some of them are reactionary, conservative, not very sophisticated, etc

And a religious fanatic who cites the bible as a source of law doesn't represent all christians.

Nothing against Christians (I am by culture one myself), country side people or old people.

Old Irenaeus

I don't think so. They clearly have consciousness albeit different from human consciousness. Humans don't have value just because they have consciousness otherwise they wouldn't have value when they sleep or when they become demented or when their consciousness is still in a latent state. Christ came to save all of humanity...the whole Adam...and all of creation recapitulated in man and preeminently in himself as the God-man. There is something tragic or rather cruciform in the way animals give of themselves in order to sustain us in life. I would not say that animals "don't go to Heaven." They have a role of supporting and sustaining us and we have a role of loving (properly) everything God has made and cooperating with God's will in establishing a renewed Heaven and renewed earth.

InChristAlone

I clearly understand what he saying, the natiness was loud and clear. This passive aggressive behavior is exactly why I don’t go to church. Mistreating your dog is not the same as hunting food for your family. This is a bizarre thread, but I am real glad to see more clearly who is who on this forum.
I am asking to explore the topic rationally without any ad homimen attacks. If animals go to heaven what gives us any right to murder them? Is it only dogs that have consciousness and go to heaven? Does that make those who eat dogs murderers?

Old Irenaeus

AFAIK redneck has many meanings, some of them are reactionary, conservative, not very sophisticated, etc

And a religious fanatic who cites the bible as a source of law doesn't represent all christians.

Nothing against Christians (I am by culture one myself), country side people or old people.
That's fair.

I am asking to explore the topic rationally without any ad homimen attacks. If animals go to heaven what gives us any right to murder them? Is it only dogs that have consciousness and go to heaven? Does that make those who eat dogs murderers?

“Everything that moves, everything that is alive, is yours for food. Earlier I gave you the green plants, but now I give you everything for food.” Genesis 9:3

Oh I see, so you're a vigilante that gets to make up rules as you see fit. You're unhinged and unstable. And an animal murderer. And there are many of you.

“As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions. One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand. One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind.”
Romans 14:1-23

InChristAlone

I don't think so. They clearly have consciousness albeit different from human consciousness. Humans don't have value just because they have consciousness otherwise they wouldn't have value when they sleep or when they become demented or when their consciousness is still in a latent state. Christ came to save all of humanity...the whole Adam...and all of creation recapitulated in man and preeminently in himself as the God-man. There is something tragic or rather cruciform in the way animals give of themselves in order to sustain us in life. I would not say that animals "don't go to Heaven." They have a role of supporting and sustaining us and we have a role of loving (properly) everything God has made and cooperating with God's will in establishing a renewed Heaven and renewed earth.
I agree, and that's why I am not an ethical vegan! Consciousness doesn't dictate value. I am someone who is for animal husbandry and humane killing. There is definitely something tragic of having to shoot the family cow for food. We give thanks because an animal sacrificed it's life for our benefit.

InChristAlone

That's fair.
What is he saying qualifies as a religious fanatic? Is it only certain scriptures which he hates? Jesus himself was despised and rejected and then crucified brutally for his teachings.

Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves. He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. John 6:53-54

And many of his followers turned away from him after he said this.

Last edited:

InChristAlone

“Everything that moves, everything that is alive, is yours for food. Earlier I gave you the green plants, but now I give you everything for food.” Genesis 9:3
I think there can be a middle ground without having to elevate animals to human status. We can have good animal husbandry and still be okay sacrificing animals for our benefit, it should never be guilt inducing when you are partaking of that animal sacrifice. It should always be done with thanksgiving and humbleness just as the Jewish people did when they sacrificed a lamb on the altar.

Last edited:
What is he saying qualifies as a religious fanatic? Because then why hasn't he blocked @Rinse & rePeat for quoting the bible? Is it only certain scriptures which he hates? Jesus himself was despised and rejected and then crucified brutally for his teachings.

What in the world! Religious fanatics are judgmental. I put those couple verses up for you and the other ones who want to back up your opinions with scripture. I personally don’t assume my relationship with Jesus is what everybody believes, so I try to communicate on a human, kind and respectful level. Please anyone who wants to be judgmental and nasty please please PLEASE block me!

This was said to Adam and Eve before the fall, but then after Jesus fulfilled the Law all food was clean to eat. I guess I am more asking it to @Makrosky since he is the one who said he would rather not have to kill animals because they have consciousness. But he thinks I'm a redneck religious fanatic so the conversation is disjointed. I think there can be a middle ground without having to elevate animals to human status. We can have good animal husbandry and still be okay sacrificing animals for our benefit, it should never be guilt inducing when you are partaking of that animal sacrifice. It should always be done with thanksgiving and humbleness just as the Jewish people did when they sacrificed a lamb on the altar.
Makrosky has been more than reasonable. He loves animals, doesn’t want to see animals or children mistreated and is not happy to have to NEED to eat meat, which is exactly how I feel. What is the problem about any of these three things? Animals do have consciousness, some more than others, which is why you don’t eat lions, dogs, elephants and monkeys. This just does not seem hard to figure out to me. My dear son captures spiders and puts them outside and then appreciates humanely raised meat. He tried to be a vegetarian for 4 years, as did I for a half a year, and his health seriously declined. I will talk to my dog, give her kisses and put a sweater on her when it’s cold because I am a loving person, AND I make a fantastic rib eye steak.

Attachments

• F50A4A50-572E-45D9-88FF-5C1236EAB929.jpeg
    F50A4A50-572E-45D9-88FF-5C1236EAB929.jpeg
    483.7 KB · Views: 11
What is he saying qualifies as a religious fanatic? Because then why hasn't he blocked @Rinse & rePeat for quoting the bible? Is it only certain scriptures which he hates? Jesus himself was despised and rejected and then crucified brutally for his teachings.

“It isn't my responsibility to judge outsiders, but it certainly is your responsibility to judge those inside the church who are sinning.”
1 Corinthians 5:12

“But the Scripture delineates a distinction between killing and murdering. “You shall not kill” is actually not a command found in the Ten Commandments. The command from scripture in the original language actually says “You shall not murder” (Exodus 20:13). The Hebrew word for “murder” literally means “the intentional, premeditated killing of another person with malice.”

InChristAlone

Makrosky has been more than reasonable. He loves animals, doesn’t want to see animals or children mistreated and is not happy to have to NEED to eat meat, which is exactly how I feel. What is the problem about any of these three things? Animals do have consciousness, some more than others, which is why you don’t eat lions, dogs, elephants and monkeys. This just does not seem hard to figure out to me. My dear son captures spiders and puts them outside and then appreciates humanely raised meat. He tried to be a vegetarian for 4 years, as did I for a half a year, and his health seriously declined. I will talk to my dog, give her kisses and put a sweater on her when it’s cold because I am a loving person, AND I make a fantastic rib eye steak.
This entire thread is about debating ethical veganism. So I'm not sure why you are coming at me wondering why I am even asking the question. There is no stupid questions. We need to be willing to ask stupid questions. This I why I hated public school because people would shame you if you asked a 'dumb' question. If you want to talk consciousness then let's talk about it without putting each other down. Cows display consciousness as well. Have you heard of Temple Grandin? She was an autistic who developed a way to make cows more comfortable as they are about to be slaughtered. She made observations about how cows are very sensitive. So she developed a chute where they couldn't see what was happening ahead of them and so they wouldn't be as scared going into it. A brilliant woman who could make observations that 'normal' folk couldn't. Autistic folks are very focused on the little things that normal folks just overlook. I myself register just right above the line of an autism diagnosis.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom