Chicken Farmer Uses Oregano Oil, Cinnamon in Place of Antibiotics

honeybee

It's a great idea. I would much rather eat this type of chicken than the alternative. However , No profit in it for big pharma though so it probably won't take off. Wonder how they could demonize cinnamon? If they can't patent something it gets discredited somehow.

jyb

honeybee said:
It's a great idea. I would much rather eat this type of chicken than the alternative. However , No profit in it for big pharma though so it probably won't take off. Wonder how they could demonize cinnamon? If they can't patent something it gets discredited somehow.

Simply feed some bad quality fungi filled cinnamon and then write a study demonising cinnamon. If the animals don't die quick enough, increase the dose and update the study.

The possibilities are endless. Take a look at pubmed database for inspiration.

OP
S
I think how they could do it is by banning them in the rules for organic food by saying they are "like antibiotics", so organic will have to keep very low volumes and thus a higher price than industrial farms.

OP
S
I tried two grams of cinnamon and it gives a very bright feeling in the head.

OP
S
So based on tongue whiteness and ache in upper right abdomen, I can say one stick of Ceylon (two grams) three times a day is quite potent, but the sticks lost spiciness over time. 150mg of 10:1 oregano oil three times a day does really nothing, but I'm trying 300mg with great results.

koganmj

Just a quick note on cinnamon back from my days of reading about herbs/supplements/etc in NaturalNews articles:

"Cinsulin/Ceylon, cinnamomum zeylanicum is the botanical name for the purest and most potent form of cinnamon, avoid cassia cinnamon. Scientifically speaking, there is only one true cinnamon, which is most commonly called "Ceylon cinnamon," and comes from the plant Cinnamomum zeylanicum. An alternative scientific name for Ceylon cinnamon is Cinnamomum verum, which simply translates as "true cinnamon."

Pretty sure I remember looking at like 1lb bags of organic ceylon sticks sold on iherb.