Tocopherol Associated With Prostate Cancer In Double Blind

OP
S
Re: Tocopherol associated with prostate cancer in double bli

Side effects from anti-oxidant overload we see all the time. Yes Peat has talked about them.

j. said:
Furthermore, the synthetic alpha tocopherol is only 12,5% the substance found in nature, the rest is something that doesn't exist in natural vitamin E.

Can you elaborate on this?

OP
S

When else have you seen a double blind placebo involving 400mg for eight years? I admit it is weird, though, that adding selenium negates the risk.

J

j.

Vitamin E, in the form of mixed tocopherols, is among the safest substances. It has been used in quantities as much as 30,000 IU daily, with no noticed side effects.

I don't see the point of scaring people out of using a safe substance that has a wide array of documented benefits.

The arguments use conclusions about studies of different substances. Again, more than 85% of synthetic alpha tocopherol is a substance that doesn't exist in natural vitamin E. So why apply the conclusions to natural mixed tocopherols? And even alpha tocopherol in the natural form, because it lacks the other tocopherols, and in fact depletes them, shouldn't be used as a model of how mixed tocopherols act.

Vitamin E, because of its thickness, might cause intestinal discomfort. Applying topically, after sunset, is an option. Some people have increased blood pressure when they start using it. Lowering the dose for some time takes care of the problem. Other than that, there seems to be no serious side effects.

OP
S

The ATBC used dl-alpha-tocopheryl acetate and they got the epic reduction in prostate cancer. And the dose was 50mg.

J

j.

Such_Saturation said:
The ATBC used dl-alpha-tocopheryl acetate and they got the epic reduction in prostate cancer. And the dose was 50mg.

That doesn't prove that mixed tocopherols are dangerous.

OP
S

j. said:
Such_Saturation said:

That doesn't prove that mixed tocopherols are dangerous.

Not at all, but I'm saying take it easy on the synthetic stuff.

J

j.

Such_Saturation said:
Not at all, but I'm saying take it easy on the synthetic stuff.

I think the poster wasn't looking for a synthetic product.

OP
S

Hmm. Sueq? Yes that is true.

Suikerbuik

I am in with you Such_Saturation. The body is not straight forward, certainly not in cancer. Cancer needs personalized approach and not some general statements. What may be healthy for some may be dangerous for others.

J

j.

Suikerbuik said:
I am in with you Such_Saturation. The body is not straight forward, certainly not in cancer. Cancer needs personalized approach and not some general statements. What may be healthy for some may be dangerous for others.

Yeah, you have to be very careful, think a lot and look for better studies, but do nothing while the person is dying of cancer...

OP
S

You can keep your body fed like you can keep a tumor fed. It's simply that if you keep your body fed you won't have any cancers inside it.

SQu

Thanks for the info. I have a product that is mixed, with a bit of wheatgerm and sunflower, 5 drops is 100iu (and I think something like 400mg - don't have the bottle with me right now) so not much oil, it's like 40mg. Could also rub it on his age spots/ rather hammered looking skin, sun damage, pufas. If it would sufficiently absorb. He gets red marks that come and go, they worry him, but I said so long as they go that's the main thing. His blood pressure is low if anything so a bit of a rise wouldn't be a problem. I also got him onto carrot salad recently.My main thing is to keep him away from a 'routine checkup' that he thinks he should have. In case cancer is secretly rampaging through his body. I think if it was he'd feel unwell. He doesn't, in fact you could swap us in terms of energy, he's like 50 (or younger) I'm like 85 ;)
Thanks again, I appreciate the feedback very much!

TreasureVibe

And high iron.
That's astonishing since my perceived prostate problem decreased when I took IP6 for a couple of days, allowing me to urinate much better again. (and improving varicocele)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals