Random Thoughts

OP
J

j.

Testosterone, Anecdotes, and Growth

There is a rumor that Ray Peat grew taller when he was experimenting with DHEA, in his fifties. When I read some of the K2 megadosing experiences in bone health forums, I found anecdotes of people growing after 40 or 50. Both DHEA and K2 increase testosterone production, I wonder if that's the main factor.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
My dad said John Stossel on his show last night was saying how polyunsaturated fats are bad, and they knew it, and that they purposely gave us the wrong information. :eek:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
That sounds like a dangerous thing to say on television.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
It's amazing what people can do with the right information and the right energy.
from some t.v. show about dog training

OP
J

j.

Many in the Ray Peat community, myself included, probably excessively encouraged supplementation with vitamin A, maybe dangerously, partly because the bad quality of vitamin E supplements makes it hard for us to see how much vitamin E can lower vitamin A requirements, or at least reduce its risks.

OP
J

j.

The forum seems to be going in the direction of a Matt Stone style hypercaloric mania.

j. said:
The forum seems to be going in the direction of a Matt Stone style hypercaloric mania.

I'm pretty sure Matt Stone has mocked us for eating too much.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
j. said:
:cry: just a few famine survivors.

honeybee

I am so very glad that cherries are in season and are relatively cheap. :D

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
For me.....

potatoes = white tongue

rice = white tongue

plantains = barely registers white tongue if any

:woo

yes I know plantains are high in serotonin but they bring me so much happiness. Yum! :mrgreen:

Kasper

The combination of low-intensity exercise throughout the day (10 min of exercise every hour) such as walking/jogging/yoga together with ashwaghandha and coffee gives me an heart rate of 90 consistently. Tested a couple of times.

I also use BCAA, gelatin, theanine. But alone with that it is usually not higher than 70. On average more around 60.

I'm quite amazed by this. I've been at around 30 (heart rate) 6 years ago. Lowest tested heart rate (by a doctor) was 28, which is allmost a world record !

Sheik

I had a dream last night that Ray lived a block away from me and was looking for a roommate who could help him conduct scientific experiments. I was all over that ***t.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:rolling

MCF

My temperature dropped because CHARLIE's CHAPLIN is gone :lol: Charlie, your previous avatar was brilliant, very original. Don't get me wrong, I am originally from South Africa so I am pro-lion, I just miss the Charlie Chaplin avatar.
Now I have drink some warm salted milk (and everything else in the Peat-arsenal) to restore my temperature ;)

Jokes aside, Charlie thank you for a GREAT forum.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
That's the friendliest lion I ever met. :D

Thank you for being here.

:hattip

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals