hiding the truth

SQu

I did a google search on enterosorption and found a Wikipedia entry on something called Polymethylsiloxane polyhydrate which is a 'polymeric organosilicon compound'. This article defines enterosorption and the history section discusses the long history of using coal, clay and 'other natural substances' but unfortunately they have side effects says the article. So of course industry has been forced to find a better substitute. So public spirited of them.
No mention of charcoal. Because it doesn't do worse than constipate?
I just thought about the subtle misinformation in this article. Charcoal I am sure is cheaper, safer, and of course tested by time. This stuff? Who knows. The article certainly isn't saying.
It's there to sell a product that is probably no better than charcoal. Which isn't mentioned because unlike coal and clay (offputting to contemplate swallowing) charcoal is hard to beat.
But my point is that if I didn't already know, I'd never have learned about charcoal for enterosorption from Wikipedia. Which is a massive reference source and influential supplier of information in society. I'd have headed off to take a more expensive and questionable alternative. Yet this and who knows how many other articles are just PR for products and the reader is misinformed. And I may not pick it up in other articles in areas I am less informed about. So I may have picked this up, but another topic I might fall for.
Take aspirin for cancer as another example (though I haven't googled this one or gone to Wikipedia, just going by what we already know about the ignorance of its role).

burtlancast

burtlancast said:
sueq said:
I just thought about the subtle misinformation in this article.
But my point is that if I didn't already know, I'd never have learned about charcoal for enterosorption from Wikipedia. Which is a massive reference source and influential supplier of information in society. I'd have headed off to take a more expensive and questionable alternative. Yet this and who knows how many other articles are just PR for products and the reader is misinformed.

Wiki is massively involved in dis informing the public about non patentable natural therapies.
For years, their editors have been paid and bought to perpetuate the lies of mainstream medias.

One just has to learn how to read between the lines, and double check their info.
Personally, when i read on their site this or that therapy hasn't been proven, it's a good starting point to research the topic.

Or you can directly go to whale.to, which is a better source, although not free of clever disinformation itself.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
The two most valuable things I have learned from studying Peat's work are: 1. Question everything- even if it doesn't seem like an advertisement there is probably a motive behind everything we read, watch etc. 2. Trust my own personal experience over all else! We really are so fortunate to have this forum to share insights and information about healing that is outside the mainstream. Peat has inspired me to use my mind and trust my senses really for the first time ever ( sad but true). It turns out that so many simple things like salt and charcoal are powerfully healing but if it weren't for Peat I probably wouldn't understand that fully. It's ironic that emergency rooms use both salt and charcoal but the average person is made to fear these things. The longer I work in the medical field the more convinced I become that the system is designed ONLY to keep people sick, weak and in a state of learned helplessness. I used to think it was mostly flawed understanding. Sorry to ramble I just found that your post reminded me of the issue of how we are all be marketed to (disguised often to seem like science or expert advise) in ways that diminish our health continuously.

OP
SQu

SQu

True. What I value the most I think about RP is how he never talks down or patronizes. I used to put up with it from others, telling myself you have to separate the wheat from the chaff but after reading Peat I just can't anymore. It's actually insulting and perpetuates the current paradigm. And I'm delighted to leave all that behind.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals