Hans Selye quote

BingDing

Ran across this quote on this page

The endocrinologist Hans Selye, who wrote the first definitive study on stress, said "When endocrinology is fully understood there will be no place for psychiatrists."

I couldn't agree more, but then I think that lobotomy, electroshock, involuntary confinement in psychiatric wards, and other descendants of the "social hygiene" movement reflect the true nature of psychiatry; authoritarian, dogmatic, paternalistic, and spiritually bankrupt.

So, don't take SSRIs or anything a psychiatrist prescribes. Milk, sugar, pregnenolone, etc are a trillion times better.

SQu

And when there is no place for psychiatrists there will be no place for their drugs. And when there is no place for their drugs, there will be a big loss of profits. So the world as it currently 'works' does not want to understand endocrinology, just as it doesn't want to cure or prevent cancer. Or even hypothyroidism.

narouz

Nice, Bing.

This is one of the fascinating aspects of believing in Peat's stuff:
has the effect of strongly somaticizing (is this a word?)
a vast array of what currently are viewed as psychological/mental/emotional problems.

And if you express that sort of view to friends in the counseling/therapy world,
they will laugh at you.

You should stick the quote in
the Ray Peat Quotes section. :)

Stray thought:
I wonder what kind of diet Selye ate.

OP
BingDing

BingDing

Too true, sueq. But every person who tries to find the truth makes a difference, in one way or another. I truly believe that.

I think that's a great insight narouz.

It took me several months to learn enough of the vocabulary to start to understand RP's articles. But as I did I remember the novelty of developing a biochemical understanding of myself. Or an understanding of my biochemical self.

It is such a relief, after decades of false data and BS, to know that this way of eating and living is fundamentally sound.

Another stray thought, maybe our European friends can tell me. How do you pronounce Selye?

Back
Top Bottom