Heyho from Germany

Jupooo

Since I have spent hours and hours reading through many posts on this forum and following your stories I kind of start to feel at home :D, so it's time to introduce myself properly:

Hello everybody,

I'm a 20 year old woman from Germany and I am really into health and nutrition.

My story:
I started thinking about my diet a few years ago, skin issues brought me to the dark fields of Lowcarbing and with it came a decline of health as time passed on. For a long time I was totally convinced of sugar being the evil, fat being the adequate fuel for my brain and that ketosis was the way to go.
Luckily, I was not very good at sticking to this diet, I was hungry constantly. I love sweet stuff and this was my rescue I think. I had to change my diet to moderate carbs (potoatoes, rice), high fat and high protein and gained some weight. Two years of an up and down of carb restricting, overeating, not caring about nutrition and restricting again followed.

I had quite a few issues since my early childhood: feet with a comfortable zero degree-ish temperature, was an over worrier and really stressed out in social situations, my digestion was crap (I thought gas problems were a normal thing to have), disturbed hormones and so on.
Since lowcarbing some other issues followed: metabolism slowed down, I began to overeat and during that time some mental problems started.

This is my biggest issue right now. I was told to be an intelligent child, learned quickly, memory of a horse and I always had good grades without any effort.
But, without me noticing it, everything got worse in the last years and now I struggle with really bad memory, lack of ability to think quickly and problems to articulate myself as I could. Add some pressure or stress to the mix and I am not able to get a single thought straight.

My approach:

I discovered Ray Peat on a German acne forum and began reading some of his articles but they were quite hard to understand without any background knowledge. I continued reading on this forum and started implementing some things: reduced PUFA, added a lot of fruit and ate less pork and chicken. Was not convinced of many other things as light, co2, sugar...
But 5 month ago I realized that my health problems would not get better and I started reading on this forum and some of the articles and it suddenly made sense.

I changed my diet and mostly eat peat approved foods now. The last month were pretty hard for me though and now I finally feel like starting out properly and digging deeper into the world of studies, supplements and fixing my metabolism rather than looking for an easy dis for acne of cognitive problems.

I'm excited how the journey will continue and to read loads of more awesome posts of all of you!

Mephisto

Welcome :) Like you, I started low carb/paleo to deal with skin issues, only to have my health deteriorate. Same decline in brain function with age etc.. Red light should help if you are still suffering from skin issues btw.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:welcome2

Blossom

Forum Supporter
:welcome jupooo, Sorry for the late welcome. I thought I had welcomed you before.

OP
J

Jupooo

Thanks a lot for this warm welcome everybody!

himitsu said:
Welcome :) Like you, I started low carb/paleo to deal with skin issues, only to have my health deteriorate. Same decline in brain function with age etc.. Red light should help if you are still suffering from skin issues btw.

Then we're sitting in the same boat i guess! Have you noticed any improvements yet?
I already bought an incandescent light bulb, but didn't think that it would be that ginormous :D I have to order a "lamp holder" first. But will definitely try it out soon. I noticed some skin improvements during the last days since I increased my calories, I hope this trend will continue.

Blossom said:
:welcome jupooo, Sorry for the late welcome. I thought I had welcomed you before.

Yes, I wrote a few posts some month ago but during this time my life got a bit out if control so I couldn't keep up the research and diet changes since I felt like it stressed me out even more. But now I'm ready for another try :)