Accidental Peatist

robertf

New member here, maybe not an accidental peatist since it's been 20 years of trial and error, but my diet is already very close to peatarian without having read his material and I like to think of myself as an intelligent sort, so you guys must be onto something.

I am still trying to recover from CFS.

Looking for any solutions inside/ outside the peatosphere:

gall stasis: liver flushes move stuff out but endlessly making stones.

endocrine: saunas and pseudo peat diet can get my temp close to 98.6 but there is not much room for error. usually wake up in the morning very low temperature until i eat. Considering cynoplus. Years ago I was on synthroid, felt great and then had a 25 year crash.

endless bloating: probably multiple causes including the gall bladder/bile problems. Suspecting protozoa, had different types of helminths through the years, who knows maybe from childhood. Diet is currently managing things as best as I can but it would be great to solve the problem.

lumbar torsional scoliosis: started during liver flushes. never had any skeletal problems my whole life. then during flushes my entire skeleton supersized (likely due to backed up bile, forcing the issue without figuring out the cause), lumbar back problems started at the same time. Recent diet changes have taken the edge off the pain but it's still there. Saturated fat does not move my gall bladder unfortunatley, the only thing that makes it move is olive oil flush. I hate them and would gladly stop it if there was something better.

cleansing: I don't hear people talk about this type of thing here. I am guess it's a different sort of paradigm- hopefully better since I still have all these problems. My intestines have been kicking out gunk since 1995 when I stopped gluten. Almost nonstop cleansing since then including parasites. I can't be the only one.

lungs: dry cough, maybe something like walking pneumonia, overall feeling of suffocation from multiple causes. lungs started to kick out phlegm finally 2 years ago when i reduced meats. Sometimes some low level pain breathing in deeply.

serious mercury problem: read a few of ray's quotes, I strongly disagree but that's fine. Cutler did not pan out for me.

I'm living on lemonade, tea, little bit of meats, dairy, cooked veggies, chocolate. I find it very interesting that there is quite a bit of crossover between ray's information and ayurveda.

I have interesting stories about ayurvedic medicine and some of the excluded peat foods. I'm sort of going back and forth between homespun peatism and vata pacifying diet ( Indian style not American style in which I have found no practitioners who know what they are talking about).

treelady

:welcome Nice to have a new face here... and more ideas. I'm pretty new here too.

I know Ray Peat is not big on synthroid... I have been on Armour thyroid for years and recently added small doses of T3 and that worked for me, I have good energy now. I had bloating too and that is pretty much gone. That could have been the extra T3 thyroid too and the Progest-E I am taking.

As far as cleansing goes, I have tried many things in the past. I think cleansing can be hard on the body. My opinion now is slow and steady wins the race. Peat is very big on carrots for cleansing/colon health so I am trying that.

My phlegm has improved alot too. I had it running down the back of my throat, especially at night, and I thought it was dairy so I eliminated dairy(and gluten) and still had it. Turned out a big part of it was something in one of my supplements... Now I am drinking milk like crazy and the phlegm is almost gone.

Good luck!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
robertf, :welcome

tara

Welcome robertf :welcome

A couple of thoughts from your post - may or may not apply to you.

Some people here see CFS as pretty much another name for hypothyroid.

If synthroid (T4 only?) caused problems, it is possible that the cynoplus with T4+T3 would work better for you. It is generally good to make sure that you have a good base in diet before supplementing thyroid - sometimes getting sufficient nutrition is enough to turn things around. Supplementing thyroid in the a context of dietary deficiencies can deepen the deficiencies. Personally I have only used chicken neck soup, which I like. It seems from reading others' stories that getting thyroid dosing right can be tricky, and that a cautious approach of starting low and raising it slowly (eg four weeks between increments) reduces the risk of problems. Some people find they need a little more T3 than the cynoplus provides.

Looking at your foods, I wonder how much of those things you are eating? Are you getting enough protein (at least 80-100 g, many people need more) and carbohydrates? Not getting enough fuel and building materials etc can keep metabolism down. You can use something like cronometer.com to plug in a typical day's diet, and see if you are low on any particular micronutrients. Good energy production requires vit A - liver is a good source. More calcium than phosphorus is good. Lower than RDI iron is good from most people. And of course PUFAs as low as possible - some people aim for <4g/day

What's your breathing pattern like? Unaware chronic hyperventilation can sometimes contribute to setting up such a pattern - both persistent cough and a feeling of suffocation. If you can get the CO2 level up a bit it can reduce the phlegm, and soothe the irritation. There are a few ways to approach it. You can work at improving CO2 production and reducing losses from over-breathing. Many people here do bag breathing - breathe into a paper bag for a minute or two a few times a day. I got improvements by retraining mouth and chest breathing to nose and diaphragm breathing. Making sure I slept with my mouth closed made a significant difference to me. I seldom get persistent coughs now, but the last couple of times I had one, I found holding my breath as long as I comfortably could after each cough would clear it quicker. A lot of the factors Peat attends to have an effect of improving metabolism, one of the effects of which is to increase CO2 production in the body.

What have you tried to tackle possible parasites? Some people here have tried flowers of sulphur, but I don't know if that targets the protozoa and helminths you suspect. Maybe someone else here knows. I came across humaworm a while ago - it is supposed to get a wide range of parasites at all stages of development. It includes a lot of different herbs, some of which may have a negative effect on hormones from Peat's PoV, but if you really have parasites, I'm guessing you'd be better off without them.

On cleansing, Peat seems to favour supporting the liver in its detoxification role by feeding it well (enough protein, sugar, etc), reducing the endotoxin load from the gut (daily raw carrot salad or bamboo shoot on an empty stomach, sometimes cascara or charcoal), and stimulating it with coffee. Personally, I can only handle decaf coffee.
I don't know which of different recipes for liver flush you have been using, but I guess you have distinguished real stones from the residue from the flushing process?

Not from Peat, but have you tried drinking apple juice on regular basis? Some people claim it is good for softening gall stones - maybe it would help prevent them too? I have no experience with this.

There are at least one two other posters here (incl Mittir) who have previous experience with Ayurveda.

OP
R

robertf

Thank you tara for your in depth response.

A couple of thoughts from your post - may or may not apply to you.

Some people here see CFS as pretty much another name for hypothyroid.
I agree but it's complicated. I just look at it as a mix of different incorrectly diagnosed problems. If it was just hypothyroid I probably would have solved it already

If synthroid (T4 only?) caused problems, it is possible that the cynoplus with T4+T3 would work better for you. It is generally good to make sure that you have a good base in diet before supplementing thyroid - sometimes getting sufficient nutrition is enough to turn things around. Supplementing thyroid in the a context of dietary deficiencies can deepen the deficiencies. Personally I have only used chicken neck soup, which I like. It seems from reading others' stories that getting thyroid dosing right can be tricky, and that a cautious approach of starting low and raising it slowly (eg four weeks between increments) reduces the risk of problems. Some people find they need a little more T3 than the cynoplus provides.

I ate like that for about 20 years, lots of heavy rebuilding foods

The last few years I went through a shift where I needed to go lighter or be fat and slow

I will be ordering cynoplus soon. I had tried armour, synthroid and t3, all to no avail after the crash.

My working theory is that I just had too much mercury and all the pathways were fried.

Looking at your foods, I wonder how much of those things you are eating? Are you getting enough protein (at least 80-100 g,

I used to do great eating a lot of protein. My weight was good and I could basically eat tons of red meat with no problems. After the liver flushes and also combined with being gluten free my absorption got a lot better which took some time to figure out. I basically did not need so much protein any more and it just made me fat and stupid. So the answer is no I'm not eating that much protein. I do find that on certain days a little bit of protein helps me tremendously, other days it just turns into fat. The overall trend for the past few years is less and less protein. I would prefer to eat legumes for protein because it doesn't make me fat, but it is not good for my gut so I avoid them.

I'm in a strange spot here because I have done a lot of the things people here are doing now or are new to, but I was doing this 25 years ago.

many people need more) and carbohydrates? Not getting enough fuel and building materials etc can keep metabolism down.

Eating more carbs and sugar/fruit is helping. I must have made a switch somewhere along the way. Now I'm eating a lot of these things but maybe still not enough. It's unfortunately a very complex situation because the more good things I eat the faster I detox as well. Lemonade seems to be almost perfect with no downside but maybe I need more of it.

You can use something like cronometer.com to plug in a typical day's diet, and see if you are low on any particular micronutrients. Good energy production requires vit A - liver is a good source.

I will try to have more beef liver and see what happens. Too much animal anything is not good for me but a few ounces spread out could work

More calcium than phosphorus is good. Lower than RDI iron is good from most people. And of course PUFAs as low as possible - some people aim for <4g/day

I am doing well with calcium. when I added dairy back in I got a nice calmER feeling and it's good. However I think my mercury problem is blocking things from happening at the cellular level, so I can take huge doses of some things but it doesn't get in. I have made progress with this over years as I can feel absorption getting better and better, but it's a looong road. And when you feel like you are suffocating it's impossible to reach a truly calm state. Recently magnesium is giving me some energy whereas in the past it didn't do anything. I am attributing this to the intestine cleansing and getting rid of some of the metals. Who knows if this is correct though

What's your breathing pattern like? Unaware chronic hyperventilation can sometimes contribute to setting up such a pattern - both persistent cough and a feeling of suffocation. If you can get the CO2 level up a bit it can reduce the phlegm, and soothe the irritation.

this is another complex issue for me. When I first became ill it was so sudden that it took years for me to make certain connections. I literally went from running 5 miles a day to being a vegetable overnight. I spent years in a near vegetative state which I realize now was extremely low oxygen. There was likely a lot of damage done. I'm amazed that some things were able to reverse themselves after so long, but it seems when you push the exact right buttons the body does respond.

I can physically breathe deeply but oxygen is not getting into my cells, or that's what it feels like. After a good liver flush I am able to breathe deeply into the cells and feel like things are working, however this lasts only a few hours until the liver clogs again or more toxic stuff is moving through my gut. I also can breathe well after bm's. After passing some parasites I also feel like I can breathe deeply. In chinese medicine the lungs and colon are sister organs - I can feel this going on every day. Happy colon happy lungs.

I am definitely going to look into the co2 thing, it's great information.

There are a few ways to approach it. You can work at improving CO2 production and reducing losses from over-breathing. Many people here do bag breathing - breathe into a paper bag for a minute or two a few times a day. I got improvements by retraining mouth and chest breathing to nose and diaphragm breathing. Making sure I slept with my mouth closed made a significant difference to me. I seldom get persistent coughs now, but the last couple of times I had one, I found holding my breath as long as I comfortably could after each cough would clear it quicker. A lot of the factors Peat attends to have an effect of improving metabolism, one of the effects of which is to increase CO2 production in the body.

My interpretation of the coughing has to do with a diagnosis I got from one of the only people who made sense of my symptoms. Supposedly there is a lot of mercury and scar tissue in the lungs. So this stuff has to be cleared out in some way. Since I have made some connections with the colon and parasites and liver with deep breathing I am inclined to shoot for a complete cure. I think the co2 will probably help me functionally but since I do have these rare moments where I can feel deeply oxygenated by dealing with the root causes that's what I want to pursue. Maybe this is a wrong approach and a mental trap.

What have you tried to tackle possible parasites? Some people here have tried flowers of sulphur, but I don't know if that targets the protozoa and helminths you suspect. Maybe someone else here knows. I came across humaworm a while ago - it is supposed to get a wide range of parasites at all stages of development. It includes a lot of different herbs, some of which may have a negative effect on hormones from Peat's PoV, but if you really have parasites, I'm guessing you'd be better off without them.

I could write a few books about my parasite adventures. Suffice to say that these things do not live in a box by themselves. It's all woven into the whole system. Recently took some high doses of diatomaceous earth and some monsters came out. Then did it again and nothing. In the past I've gotten some monsters out eating ice cream and chocolate. Ray would understand maybe. What's worked best is eating properly, keeping things moving and eventually the flora strips away the environment they live in. However I'm still sick so who knows maybe that's not best, but it's what worked.

On cleansing, Peat seems to favour supporting the liver in its detoxification role by feeding it well (enough protein, sugar, etc), reducing the endotoxin load from the gut (daily raw carrot salad or bamboo shoot on an empty stomach, sometimes cascara or charcoal), and stimulating it with coffee. Personally, I can only handle decaf coffee.

Well that has not worked for me. I have some serious biliary problems. I can feel that some of these things do help functionally, but I have zero bile flow. Surgery is an option now since nothing natural has worked. I will try carrots again even though it is not good for me according to ayurveda. Anything raw and dry like that causes a lot of gut problems. However carrots are a known parasite remedy in folk medicine. I am able to handle some coffee, more tea, since liver cleansing. I have been trying to reduce endotoxins for 25 years, still trying. Most of the problem is that when I eat well my body just keeps putting out tons and tons of stored junk. It's a good thing in theory, living it is not so easy though. Eventually it will have to end and I think I'll make big gains then, but no end in sight as of yet. I keep trying things to help the functional aspect.

I could not tolerate caffeine at all until I started liver cleansing. You might want to consider that information, not necessarily do liver cleansing yourself. But when the liver is choked up and you push on that system with coffee you will feel terrible. I think a fair amount of people assume that their biliary system is working because their bloodwork is ok, but this is not the case. I will probably post a long treatise on my biliary adventures. I don't know how to get mine working but if I ever do I think that I'll be functionally cured of CFS.

I don't know which of different recipes for liver flush you have been using, but I guess you have distinguished real stones from the residue from the flushing process?

Yes I know how to distinguish crystallized green stones from stool.

Not from Peat, but have you tried drinking apple juice on regular basis? Some people claim it is good for softening gall stones - maybe it would help prevent them too? I have no experience with this.

Apple juice is not good for me with the ayurvedic approach, always causes a lot of irritation. However I do think it is a remedy for stones. Softening isn't even my problem, the problem is the chemistry keeps reclogging.

There are at least one two other posters here (incl Mittir) who have previous experience with Ayurveda.

I am trying to get some closure with ayurveda soon. I've learned some cool stuff, but it has only gone so far. I'm trying some new herbs soon and we'll see what happens. One of the herbal formulas the doctor gave me had like 30 herbs in it. I was sure it was not going to work - too many chances for adverse reactions but it helped me a good amount. So to this doctor's credit he knows what he is doing to some extent. He has tried to reassure me that since the herbs work it is proof that he has the correct diagnosis. I can even believe that too, just not sure he will be able to take it all the way to a cure.

This doctor was about my 12th foray into ayurveda. He really got a lot of things correct where none had previously.

I will venture a guess that the people who respond very poorly to Peatarianism are probably kapha constitution as many of the foods are not compatible with them.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
robertf said:
Apple juice is not good for me with the ayurvedic approach, always causes a lot of irritation. However I do think it is a remedy for stones. Softening isn't even my problem, the problem is the chemistry keeps reclogging.
A pinch of baking soda can cut way down on the irritation.

tara

robertf said:
I can physically breathe deeply but oxygen is not getting into my cells, or that's what it feels like.

This makes perfect sense. When you breath deeply, unless you slow it waaay down, you are likely to be blowing out too much CO2. When the CO2 levels get too low, the blood cannot not release O2 to the cells that need it. This results in a feeling of air hunger, and can perpetuate the cycle of too deep breathing. To reverse this situation, and improve the supply of O2 to cells, you need to breathe less, ie slower and/or shallower, so that you retain more CO2. And or use other methods, eg bag breathing. This can have effects on many (all?) systems in the body. Chronic hidden hyperventilation is very common. The CO2 set point, which normally controls the automatic breathing rate, can be raised by training it to tolerate a higher level.

I found normalbreathing.com a good source of explanation about this. There are others too. I was blown away when I found this basic crucial information a couple of years ago - how could I have got into my forties without knowing something so important?

OP
R

robertf

I think I have naturally adapted toward what you said, I tend to breathe shallow by default. I can breathe deeply though. Just tried it and if I breathe slow and deep I feel like I'm suffocating worse.

I did some breathing exercises with a romanian yogi guy once and he had me do pranayama which is slow intake and doubly slow outbreath.

The co2 stuff interests me a lot. But like I said I am more interested in getting down to it like solving the problem as opposed to another band aid, everything I do is bandaids now. And I do have these short periods after certain biological functions where it just feels good.

I was able to start exercising a few years ago and when pushing myself for a while the oxygen starts to feel good. However the deadend for me is the clogged liver so eventually it doesn't feel comfortable even with ideal air quality and pumping oxygen in that way. It's hard to explain the feeling unless your liver is clogged too, the blood never gets clean enough and it makes you feel edgy.

Then on top of that mess supposedly mercury can compete for oxygen uptake sites at the cellular level - lovely.

Sleeping with the windows open in cold rainy weather is about the best thing, I wake up feeling somewhat oxygenated. Many arguments have transpired with the s/o over whether the window should be open or not.

Summer time is torture, I'm suffocating the whole time and revert to being bedridden.

tara

Did the pranayama help?
CO2 is not a side issue, it's central to healthy functioning of the respiratory, circulatory, nervous, muskulo-skeletal, and digestive systems, etc). Peat has at least one good article on it.

It's not the only thing - you also need adequate nourishment, light, and other conditions. And they are interrelated. Inadequate nutrition and/or thyroid function will lower CO2 levels; hyperventilation prevents oxygen supply to the digestive system, which can worsen malnourishment, which can worsen metabolism.

It sounds to me like this is one of the things that may be going on for you. One way to test your CO2 level is to see how long you can comfortably hold your breath (out) for after a relaxed out breath ('control pause' in Buteyko-speak). According to normalbreathing.com, less than 25s indicates a health issue. Less than 10s is serious. Really healthy goes with more like 40s.

Ideally, you want your cells producing enough CO2. But until they are, the other techniques for raising CO2 can help get you out of the vicious cycle while you attend to other aspects too.

BingDing

Just to add a little to the CO2 and oxygen issue, the Wiki page on the Bohr effect explains it. When CO2 goes down hemoglobin doesn't release the O2 molecule it's carrying.

I wouldn't think of CO2 as just another band aid since it is the product of oxidative respiration, the gold standard of a good metabolism. I'm not entirely sure this is right, but I think there is a feedback of some sort from the level of CO2 to the Kreb's cycle or electron transfer chain that promotes oxidative respiration. There are a lot of steps between glucose and 28-30 ATP molecules, so a lot of substrates, enzymes and cofactors, any of which can be rate limiting if not in sufficient supply. So every little plus is helpful, and every little dink is harmful.

In a non-Peaty vein, there is a chinese herb, something like gentian, that is bitter and is used for sluggish liver. You've probably already tried it, but... Betaine, as in betaine anhydrous, is very good at getting fat out of the liver, if that is part of the problem. There is an article about betaine here, and that thread includes some cautions about DNA methylation from RP.

tara

BingDing said:
I wouldn't think of CO2 as just another band aid since it is the product of oxidative respiration, the gold standard of a good metabolism. I'm not entirely sure this is right, but I think there is a feedback of some sort from the level of CO2 to the Kreb's cycle or electron transfer chain that promotes oxidative respiration. There are a lot of steps between glucose and 28-30 ATP molecules, so a lot of substrates, enzymes and cofactors, any of which can be rate limiting if not in sufficient supply.
I had just assumed that low CO2 -> low O2 delivery to cells -> suboptimal oxidation of sugar because you can't oxidise without oxygen. If you are right, that would be an interesting extra.

OP
R

robertf

I didn't mean to devalue the breathing method you mentioned, and actually the whole co2 thing is one of the things I am definitely going to pursue. Still haven't read enough about it yet but it's on my to-do list.

Like you said it's ust one step in a lot of things that need to happen for proper oxygenation. My problems seem to be multi-causal so I just give up on little things often because it's overwhelming.

For instance with the buteyko breathing test, I tried it a few times. Sometimes it's terrible and I can only hold for like 10 seconds indicating extreme problems. When I get all my ducks lined up in a row with diet, cleansing, and some luck, without any breathing practice or exercise this can go to 45 seconds or more. So I've hit on some of those biochemical pathways withouth doing the proper training. I want to leverage those since I know they work.

The co2 decoupling thread I looked into and I will be going through every one of those methods listed soon enough.

Half or more of my oxygen problem lie in the gut. An interesting and strange thing that happened to me years ago is I was in a really bad spot, suffocating and bedridden. I tried an oxygen supplement called oxy-gen by rockland, now owned by dr. donsbach. The first few swigs felt like I drank some shots of grain alcohol. Then I had some nice mental clarity. The following day my energy level was up a lot, walking around the house. The third day I was playing tennis for 4 hours. It was completely ridiculous. I had been totally inactive and disabled for years and then I'm playing tennis with almost full energy. My digestion changed dramatically to what I was normally accustomed to before the illness. This lasted about 2 weeks and then for some unknow reason it just stopped working.

In the aftermath as the suffocation set in again my digestion reverted back to what's going on now. So a few things I figured out was there is a crippling infectious process in my gut and how important oxygenation is. Deeper into this infectious situation - it's not even all bad as terrible as it feels. I'm likening my small intestine to a composte pile. What's going on is a toxic soup of composting bacteria breaking down all the waste and causing a lot of distress in the process. However this has also been responsible for a lot of my gains in absorption and other areas, I just have not figured out how to do it comfortably, maybe there isn't even a way.

Breathing in deeply sometimes causes a little bit of pain and I can taste chlorine. I haven't lived where there is chlorinated water supply in 6 years, so it must be some sort of detox. Reminds me of when I was a kid breathing in around a chlorinated pool.

Answering how did pranayama work for me - well I don't do it. It would probably help me if I stuck with it, but there are other things that help too so it's just one of those things that are indefintely tabled. If I didn't have these other problems then it's something I would probably get very deep into.

Gentian/bitters: tried a lot of them including dandelion, artichoke etc. I can feel it activate the liver, and I'll get a little bit of energy but it doesn't cause bile to move unfortunately, so my system is broken at a deeper level. In ayurveda bitters are recommended for pitta types, but for vata it's a negative.

BingDing

FWIW, sparkling fruit juice is very Peaty and you get a little CO2 boost. I make fizzy lemonade with this, sweetened with simple syrup, very tasty.

treelady

Since we're talking about increasing C02, I had a couple interesting experiences recently.
1) I was experimenting increasing T3 (which is supposed to increase C02). Right after trying a very small amount (1mcg?), my head felt more alert and my lungs felt different, maybe like I was changing my breathing to less? It almost felt like I was not getting as much oxygen and was breathing less? Very strange... It only lasted a couple minutes. This happened on several occasions when I was first experimenting with T3.
2) I was taking 1/8 tsp baking soda in glass water to increase CO2… Seemed to help my leg edema but I got the feeling of breathing too slow like I did at first w/increased T3. It only lasted a short time.

I'm still taking the extra T3 and doing the baking soda when my body wants it and I don't get those symptoms anymore. I don't know but seems like the symptoms could have been from my body adjusting up from a low CO2 state?

OP
R

robertf

I ordered Pimpon Thiroyd yesterday. It's been years since I tried the hormones but worth a shot again since things have changed since last time I was on them.

Lemonade, both sparkling and non has been a staple for a while now. I will try the sparkling again to see if there is a difference between still. Supposedly for vata it is very bad but I don't remember carbonated water being bad at all, but I don't recall anything particularly good either - seemed to be more about the lemons and sugar.

On the topic of sugar, I had stopped or limited it because white sugar was causing teeth problems. I switched to unrefined demerara and use it freely with no problems. It's feels more like a powdered fruit than white sugar, maybe a little less good than a raw fruit but still good. This idea came directly from ayurveda and it made a big difference in my energy.

Gelatin sounds good so I'm looking up gelatin recipes like pate, terrine, and I made pudding with it today. Well it was supposed to be a panna cotta but it got relegated to pudding.

Hard to find grass fed eggs here but I'm going to switch to organic eggs only.

Another thing I realized that Ray was right about was shellfish. I always felt good with shellfish,much better than with muscle meats, so I'm going to get back into those again and make crabcakes and shrimp things. Eliminating muscle meat is a huge relief. There's a west african market here where I got some shrimp powder, it's ground up with the shells as well so it should be a good gelatin source.

tara

robertf said:
Gelatin sounds good so I'm looking up gelatin recipes like pate, terrine, and I made pudding with it today. Well it was supposed to be a panna cotta but it got relegated to pudding.

... so I'm going to get back into those again and make crabcakes and shrimp things.

Yum. :)

BingDing

tara said:
BingDing said:
I wouldn't think of CO2 as just another band aid since it is the product of oxidative respiration, the gold standard of a good metabolism. I'm not entirely sure this is right, but I think there is a feedback of some sort from the level of CO2 to the Kreb's cycle or electron transfer chain that promotes oxidative respiration. There are a lot of steps between glucose and 28-30 ATP molecules, so a lot of substrates, enzymes and cofactors, any of which can be rate limiting if not in sufficient supply.
I had just assumed that low CO2 -> low O2 delivery to cells -> suboptimal oxidation of sugar because you can't oxidise without oxygen. If you are right, that would be an interesting extra.

I ran across this in Altitude and Mortality, bolding mine

RP-Carbon dioxide, produced in the cells, releases oxygen into the tissues, relaxes blood vessels, prevents edema, eliminates ammonia, and increases the efficiency of oxidative metabolism.

lvysaur

I'm living on lemonade, tea, little bit of meats, dairy, cooked veggies, chocolate. I find it very interesting that there is quite a bit of crossover between ray's information and ayurveda.

I have interesting stories about ayurvedic medicine and some of the excluded peat foods. I'm sort of going back and forth between homespun peatism and vata pacifying diet ( Indian style not American style in which I have found no practitioners who know what they are talking about).

The main thing that Peat has in common with Ayurveda is the focus on "female" foods. Foods derived from female organisms can be obtained without killing anything, but they also tend to be very pure and free of toxic substances due to their intended purpose, which is to feed infants/embryos. The one exception to this might be fruit, but fruit still evolved to be beneficial to the animal eating it.

OP
R

robertf

few years later, some progress

endless enemas that produced horrific worms and junk has relieved some of the gas and pressure in colon which has in turn enabled me to drive and sit with less pain and painfree at times. some of the vomiting spells i had i finall tracked down. at first i thought i was pancreatitis or bile blockage, but what i noticed is that right around the time the spells would end i would pass these chunks of rubbery stool with grooves in them. it was some kind of plaque from the small intestine. when it was loosing up it would present a partial blockage in the intestine and hence the vomiting.

i added high doses of iodine for some years which has increased or rather restored a lot of iq lost during the 'suffering years'(tm)

last year was the first year i could tolerate a lot of heat and sunbathing in over 25 years.

still stuck on the problems listed in first post but most things are somewhat better.

after being very aggressive with enemas or coffee enemas ( no it did not work on my liver like it's supposed to) and getting out some really large parasites i felt my breathing really open up. sometimes i would sweat a bit afterward and my veins would get more convex - all good signs. the problem is that this only lasts for about 1 hour or so before i revert back.

my top 3 wishes would be to restore oxygenation, put out the multiple infections in colon and restore bile. and 4th which could be the cause of all this would be get rid of all the mercury.

diet is still peaty, i wish it could be moreso but i haven't found a good way to get a lot salt down yet. i limit animal protein because it makes me fat but at the same time crave it. travelling is not so stressful now as i can just shop at normal grocery stores.

tara

Hi Robert,
Glad you've found ways to improve things.
It sounds like parasites in the GI tract have been a have been a key part of your difficulties. If you've been removing them with enemas, and they keep coming and coming, I'm wondering if you have yet found a way to actually kill them off and make your terrain sufficiently inhospitable to them so they don't just keep reproducing endlessly in there? Along with the mechanical obstructions, they would would also be stealing valuable nutrition.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals