hi i known raymond peat since 1976

astral

hi i known raymond peat since 1976 went to orthomed convention in san francisco hotel
(st. francis)
missed him very much will try to see him in morelia in 2013
Orthomolecular Medical Society with Dr. Linus Pauling in 1976. Society for Orthomolecular Health-Medicine in san francisco this is where i met dr. linus pauling with dr. kunin, dr. rees...
dr. peat was speaking there about progesterone and etc.
has anyone used curcumin and idebenone?
i know curcumin is "polyphenol" but i used progesterone, thyroid to offset any negative side effects
have used sometimes mildronate sparingly... is baking soda safe to use? (some aluminum in it)
i am from chico, california
used alot reading from springer link, public med, google scholar for updates
http://www.orthomed.org
http://www.iramn.ru/eng/
many of this publications costs up to 1,000 per year to read
yet this guy (dr. peat) reads all this at university of oregon in eugene
so please let me know does anybody uses nootropic drugs? any feedback?
did anyone know about ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladimir_Filatov) dr. filatov?
sometimes russian studies on stress, medical applications have been known to be more advanced than american studies .. dr. peat speaks five languages travels to russia, mexico often this is guy knows all, sees all
he has changed my life many times over

peatarian

Oh boy, your post blows me away. This is amazing! You MET Ray Peat? You met Linus Pauling? Would you tell us a little? Is Ray Peat as kind and funny in person as he is in his writings?
What will he be doing in Morelia? What will you be doing there?

Yes, I have been using curcumin for a year. I didn't notice the effects. I used it when I had cancer and I am healthy now and have been for years. But I have done a lot more than using curcumin. I think it's always a combination of beneficial things to counter a degenerative process.

You say you've been using progesterone but don't mention pregnenolone. Are you a woman then?

I'd never heard of mildronate. Why did you use it? To block free fatty acids? Aren't you using ****?

Yes, I know how expensive the publications are. I have a few abonnements now. Before that I was buying full text studies extra - always between 10 and 100 USD. Yes, I know - Ray Peat knows them all. And he knows all the older ones, too. The fascinating thing is that he seems to be the only one to properly read what the studies really say. Usually the abstracts and the headlines and the conclusions are nonsense. But what he learns from them - it's magical.

As for nootropic drugs: I have been using ondansetron and bromocriptine and amantadine. I am going to try Piracetam next. Have you had any experience with enhancing creativity?

Filatov I read about once when I was think about spending some time in Odessa. Why? Have you studied him? Nothing deeper.

Yes, there were certainly some 'golden years' in Russian research. I started to look into that after reading 'Mind and Tissue' by Ray Peat. Have you read about quantum medicine? They have done a lot of research and come up with incredible results and ideas.
There was also a time when India hat something to say when it came to medical studies but these times are gone.

I knew that Ray Peat went to Russia in the 60s to meet the scientist he had read about. I think Szent-Györgyi was one of them. I know they were in mail contact. But when Peat got there, all the profs were on summer vacation and all he could do was read their books in the library. Did he go back later? Did he meet some of the people he wanted to talk to in person? It must have been really hard at that time for an American to get to Russia. I always felt sorry that it didn't work out. Would be happy to learn otherwise.

And yes again: He has changed my life, too. Has changed me, actually.

OP
A

astral

your post blew me away
i am man not woman
yes i am going to morelia to visit him ( if he lets me)
yes i am going to morelia to get cheaper dental care there
costs of dental is 90% cheaper than in america
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mildronate PLEASE READ THIS TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION
i am man 62 years old met him when i was 28 years old
have case of books written by him called "generative energy" like to sent you one free copy
but i asked him several months ago i have this box of his books like to return it to him
he asked me to save it
have not heard from him since
need to get permission from him before i can donate his books for free
have used parlodel for prolactin, sex drive, my daughter had prolacinoma and is cured from ray peat work
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prolactinoma
yes i used progesterone for winter sickness and pregnenolone for stress
you are asking me to explain 40 years of effort in one page (CAN'T BE DONE)
cosmopolitan he is very cosmopolitan
he looks at russian culture, people, news there very differently than we americans do
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasili_Arkhipov study this guy he saved us yet the american press says little about him
yes he is ukrainian, russian ( i am talking vasili arkhipov) really stopped writng here
dont want to talk or to write but to listen listen ok?
paul

peatarian

astral said:
your post blew me away
i am man not woman
yes i am going to morelia to visit him ( if he lets me)
yes i am going to morelia to get cheaper dental care there

*** Ray Peat mentioned that his dentist in Mexico could do root canal treatments without x-rays. I've found one doctor in Germany now who grudgingly did one root canal on me but I think he detested me for making him do it without x-rays and so he didn't use any anesthesia. I didn't care that much because I don't react well to it anyway. Probably enhances serotonin.

costs of dental is 90% cheaper than in america

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mildronate PLEASE READ THIS TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION

*** Thanks, I will study mildronate more closely.

i am man 62 years old met him when i was 28 years old
have case of books written by him called "generative energy" like to sent you one free copy

*** Thank you so much for your kind offer. I already have 'generative energy - restoring the wholeness of life' (and all his other books). I bought it a couple of years ago from Ray Peat but I think Ray Peat is out of copies himself at the moment. I have all his newsletters, too. They were a present from a kind person. I made sure to send Ray Peat some money after that so I didn't feel like steeling from him.

but i asked him several months ago i have this box of his books like to return it to him
he asked me to save it
have not heard from him since

*** I hope you're not worried about him. I had an e-mail from him two weeks ago but somebody on the forum mentioned he was away at the moment.

need to get permission from him before i can donate his books for free

*** Maybe, if you give them to somebody, you could ask them to donate some money to Ray Peat in return?

have used parlodel for prolactin, sex drive, my daughter had prolacinoma and is cured from ray peat work
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prolactinoma

*** I know somebody who had prolactinoma and I had high prolactin a few years ago. I used ondansetron and was fine after a few days. The woman with prolactinoma used bromocriptine (Ray Peat recommended it) and was fine after a week of using it. It seems to become common knowledge slowly that prolactin is not good for you and is in fact a good diagnostic factor in many diseases. They use bromocriptin for women with fertility problems and high prolactin now. Of course it also lowers estrogen so progesterone will work better but I don't think that is understood yet. Even in diabetes II they use bromocriptin - but only because doctors noticed that it lowers the blood sugar very potently.

yes i used progesterone for winter sickness and pregnenolone for stress
you are asking me to explain 40 years of effort in one page (CAN'T BE DONE)

*** Do I understand correctly: You have 40 years of experience with enhancing creativity? Of course I get that you don't have time to write a book about it (though I bet it would be a bestseller) but is there anything you are still using because it works that well? I'd be really grateful as being creative is my job and the most important part of my life.

cosmopolitan he is very cosmopolitan
he looks at russian culture, people, news there very differently than we americans do

*** So he seems to travel a lot. I'm happy to think that he met the people he was interested in. If he ever came to Germany, he could always stay at our place for as long as he wanted. And I think there were offers for Australia, England, New Zealand and Israel ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasili_Arkhipov study this guy he saved us yet the american press says little about him
yes he is ukrainian, russian ( i am talking vasili arkhipov)

*** I'll do the research, no worries. Thanks for bringing this up!

really stopped writng here
dont want to talk or to write but to listen listen ok?

*** Of course it is. Welcome to the forum!

OP
A

astral

*** Do I understand correctly: You have 40 years of experience with enhancing creativity? Of course I get that you don't have time to write a book about it (though I bet it would be a bestseller) but is there anything you are still using because it works that well? I'd be really grateful as being creative is my job and the most important part of my life.
do i know you?
are you katherine raaum from eugene, oregon?
sometimes famous people post here at forums to express freely
morelia for dental work? yes i have x-rays to bring with me ( i am not that stupid)
no root canal work just some restore work
you must live here? i meant this forum

peatarian

astral said:
do i know you?

*** I dont't think so. I have only once been to the USA and that was only a short stop in Anchorage as a child.
are you katherine raaum from eugene, oregon?

*** No. And this is not even the nicest compliment yet. If I understand correctly somebody here thought I was Ray Peat himself.

sometimes famous people post here at forums to express freely

*** I didn't know that.

morelia for dental work? yes i have x-rays to bring with me ( i am not that stupid)

*** Thanks for that. I don't have any new enough x-rays since I don't have any more made. I am not that stupid anymore ...

no root canal work just some restore work

you must live here? i meant this forum

*** Not really. I will be gone again for a week or two. I have to leave tomorrow. I wish there was more time.
Great meeting you, Paul!

Btw I think there will be a thread about creativity soon.

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=626&start=40

peatarian

Btw - I know who Katherine Raaum is because I have been in contact with Kenogen. I needed their help to get my hands on progest-e when I was sick (customs problems since I live in Germany). They were amazing. I can't praise them high enough for everything they've done for me, all the trouble they went through to help me. Wonderful people!

OP
A

astral

have you tried baking soda? if so what is your feedback?
i am using curcumin for plague buildup
have 30% blockage carodid from sound gram
does curcumin without piperine effective?

OP
A

astral

peatarian said:
Btw - I know who Katherine Raaum is because I have been in contact with Kenogen. I needed their help to get my hands on progest-e when I was sick (customs problems since I live in Germany). They were amazing. I can't praise them high enough for everything they've done for me, all the trouble they went through to help me. Wonderful people!
i do think you are katherine raaum
she is very low key but very savvy business wise

peatarian

I use baking soda every day. I put it in my orange juice, I put it in my coffee, I brush my teeth with it and I wash my hair with it. Before I started using it I had heart burning. I've never had that since.
Sorry to ask you this since I know you've known Ray Peat for ages and probably read everything he ever wrote -- but are you using enough calcium? I have found that eggshellpowder and 2 litres of milk a day help very quickly with blockage. I can't tell you anything about cucumin's effects.

peatarian

astral said:
i do think you are katherine raaum
Well, I'm not but I can't help with that and I've been called worse so let's leave it at that.

astral said:
she is very low key but very savvy business wise

Very savvy? I don't know about that. They certainly didn't try to make much money off me.
Somebody here mentioned that Ray Peat doesn't have any connection to Kenogen anymore.
Do you know if that's true?

Ray-Z

Astral: Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your time here.

peatarian: Glad you're back, if only for a few days. Would love to see a thread on creativity.

peatarian

Me?
No. I am from Germany, Europe. No coast here either unless you drive a few hours.
No. I am not a doctor. And I don't regard that question as a compliment, either. I haven't come across a doctor who was able to find his own behind with both hands on a bright day. I'd rather stay Katherine Rauum, if you don't mind.
Sorry, if there are any doctors here. You sure are the exception but I suppose after reading Ray Peat you know that yourself.

peatarian

I have heard about it in Alzheimer's treatment. If I remember correctly it didn't have much effect. That doesn't say much. Maybe it's just not strong enough to show effects on its own. Doesn't mean it's not beneficial in some ways.

I know Ray Peat (following Koch and Szent Gyorgy) believes in the benefits of quinones.
Have you tried cascara? And vitamin K (naphthoquinone)?

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/ca ... buse.shtml

"The anthraquinones inhibit the formation of nitric oxide, which is constantly being promoted by endotoxin."

"Emodin inhibits the formation of nitric oxide, increases mitochondrial respiration, inhibits angiogenesis and invasiveness, inhibits fatty acid synthase (Zhang, et al., 2002), inhibits HER-2 neu and tyrosine phosphorylases (Zhang, et al., 1995, 1999), and promotes cellular differentiation in cancer cells (Zhang, et al., 1995). The anthraquinones, like other antiinflammatory substances, reduce leakage from blood vessels, but they also reduce the absorption of water from the intestine. Reduced water absorption can be seen in a slight shrinkage of cells in certain circumsstances, and is probably related to their promotion of cellular differentiation."

OP
A

astral

wow you know about vitamine k-2?
he told me it is better than any form of coenzyme q10
i do not know why

narouz

Hi Astral-

Fascinating that you've known Peat since '76.
Maybe you could help us resolve a perhaps superficial
but nonetheless enticing mystery:
Ray Peat's voice.
Some think it is weird and unpleasant,
pointing to some disease or decay process.
Myself, I like his voice,
but I do admit that it is a little unusual.

Since you've known Peat for so long,
you might give us a clue.
Could you watch a little of this video of Peat on YouTube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZkGxrntmTE

...and then tell us if his voice there
sounds like the Peat you remember from 1976...?