Question On PUFA Depletion And My Diet.

DKayJoe

Hi all, thanks for reading...

After taking on a peat style approach to my diet it has pretty much simplified to the following...

4.54 Litres of whole milk per day with a small amount of salt added,
2 litres of OJ a day (not from concentrate),
100g of beef liver 1-2 times a week,
2 - 4 oysters per week,
Occasionally 90% raw cocoa choclate (maybe fortnightly),

and that's it! I supplement everything I seem to be lacking on Chronometer apart from manganese and actually seem to be thriving on this diet in a crazy way...

My only worry is that I am ingesting around 10g of PUFA each day, I realise in the grand scheme of things this isn't actually much but I was wondering if this amount would mean I won't be able to achieve any PUFA depletion? I figured the large amount of stearic acid in the whole milk would help negate it's effects anyway but just wanted to be sure.

marcar72

From what I recall reading a 2/1 ratio or greater of SFA/PUFA consumption is needed for PUFA depletion to occur over time. I've also read that keeping daily PUFA intake to under 4 grams is preventative against cancer. I think there's more context to that though.

I reckon I get around 10 grams of PUFA/day because of my higher fat consumption like yours and have been consuming this for about a year and 1/2 now and I'm doing quite fine. One's metabolic state and ability to detox the PUFA through the ideal way (glucuronidation) is more at the heart of the issue I feel... :2cents

OP
D

DKayJoe

Thanks for the reply marcar.

Yura, could you expand on your comment please? I realize a pretty much liquid diet is very unconventional but have you got any science to support your comment? I'm not being stand-offish I am genuinely interested, so far this diet seems to be doing wonders for me in regards to mood/self control/mental quickness/energy/general outlook etc etc...I do supplement with a fair amount as well. D, E, K, Magnesium, Pregnenolone and sometimes Zinc.

YuraCZ

"drink only when you are thirsty"
you can't apply this rule since these fluids are yours foods..

OP
D

DKayJoe

Fair enough, however I don't experience any bloating or discomfort when drinking my milk or OJ. When I'm thirsty I'll have a cup of water, when I'm hungry I'll drink some OJ and then some milk roughly half an hour afterwards. As far as I can tell my body is handling it better than any of my previous diets, (stool description alert) ,my stools are consistently hard, pass easily and leave no mess which after a fair bit of research is apparently the sweet spot. My fluid retention has also drastically improved since doing this (no puffy face/muscles) and the frequency of my urination has dropped slightly, yet is always clear (I used to have problems with needing to pee all the time) so as far as I can tell the masses of fluids aren't having any adverse effects on my body.

sugar daddy

I've been doing very well on a milk and juice diet and don't have problems with it being mostly fluids, although I've been having less milk than you with some Greek yoghurt or skyr instead.

If you want to reduce your PUFA then you could have half skimmed instead of full fat.

Zachs

Pretty sure Maasi males live off of not much else besides milk and blood for the better part of young adulthood. Price said their teeth and health was incredible compared to surrounding tribes.

Anyway as long as you don't feel to cold from all the liquids and you are chewing on something once in awhile for stimulation of teeth, I don't see much of a problem. personally I would get bored as heck of that diet and swap out for some cheese or meat or something but if it's working for you...

As far as pufa, 10g a day is about the high end of optimal as long as your getting a lot of saturated fat, which you are.

OP
D

DKayJoe

sugar daddy said:
I've been doing very well on a milk and juice diet and don't have problems with it being mostly fluids, although I've been having less milk than you with some Greek yoghurt or skyr instead.

If you want to reduce your PUFA then you could have half skimmed instead of full fat.

The thing with half skimmed/skimmed milk is it just doesn't make me feel as good as whole. I initially started off with drinking skimmed and then moved onto half skimmed then gradually shifted to 50/50 half skimmed/whole and am now completely on whole milk. It's not that skimmed/half skimmed has any dramatic adverse effects on my body it's just I seem to thrive on whole milk to a much greater extent. I'm not all too fussed about the fat content but just wanted to get some clarification on the effect it would have on PUFA depletion. If it's going to take me a extra few years to get the benefits of depletion then so be it, because as it stands my diet has made such a drastic improvement on my overall well being in the last couple of months that I'm happy where I'm at now.

tara

YuraCZ said:
marcar72 said:
YuraCZ said:
"drink only when you are thirsty"
you can't apply this rule since these fluids are yours foods..

Who the f*** made that rule up? lol
it's called "common sense" :)
Lots of irrational things are called 'common sense'. It seems to be commonly used as an argument when someone hasn't got any actual reasons. :lol:

High fluid diets can be hard on people who are hypothyroid, but no problem for healthy people.
I'd be wondering about always peeing clear urine, but if OP feels great on this diet, and urinary frequency decreased, then I'm not going to argue with it. Looks like you've got something good going for you, despite maybe slightly higher than optimal PUFA.