issues...

OK guys I am hoping that you can help with some questions/issues I have been having. I have tried adding more sugars back into my diet, but I am having problems with high blood sugars. Not diabetes level BS, but I get very itchy and achy and feel like there are bugs crawling on me. This is consistent with symptoms of high bs.
I am not sure how to go about implementing this diet if I am very metabolically ill. Are we supposed to do these things and suffer through whatever is happening until our cellular function is healed? I have no thyroid due to RAI treatment. I take nature-throid, 3 grains a day, but I still do not feel well and have been told the weird symptoms are from the thyroid hormone "pooling", so it is not getting into my cells. I was told to take large amounts of vitamin c and iron to fix this. I was also told that I most likely have adrenal fatigue, however when I discussed my symptoms more, it was suggested that I might have too much cortisol and a cyclical cushings situation going on. I am basically a zombie. I get through class and then crash. Most days I am lucky to have one meal. I need some serious help/suggestions.
:?

Mittir

In RP's view iron overload is a major source of oxidative damage. He recommends a low iron diet. It is better to check your iron saturation to know for sure if you really need extra iron or not. Vitamin C increases iron absorption, it is not a good idea to take vitamin C rich foods with iron rich foods. It is a possibility that your thyroid med is not doing it's job. RP usually recommends cynoplus and cynomel. Here is a lot of information on thyroid med and dose.
http://www.dannyroddy.com/main/2011/12/ ... tandi.html

If you are not lactose intolerant then this diet is quite easy. You have to make sure you eat at least 80 grams of protein daily preferably from milk,cheese and gelatin. Strained orange juice for sugar and fat from butter,coconut oil and ruminant fat. Liver and seafoods once a week. If you give a description of your daily diet it would be easier to give your suggestion.

OP
V
Well for example, yesterday I ate a whole mini watermelon with salt on it, some jamaica tea with simple syrup, and then sprouted corn tostadas fried in coconut oil with black beans, raw cheese, salsa and avocado. I woke up in serious pain, feeling itchy and like things were crawling on me. I am aware that I definitely do not eat enough during the day, but it is very hard for me to prepare food with how fatigued I am. :/ I have had my iron levels tested and was told I was anemic. Pretty confusing.

Mittir

If watermelon is not totally ripe ,it can have tons of starch and that will increase your blood sugar. RP suggests small frequent meals, each containing some carb, protein and fat. This combination slows down the blood sugar spike. You also need to avoid soluble fibers. Did you test your iron saturation index or hemoglobin? Low hemoglobin does not always mean low iron.
This following thread gives you a general description of RP guidelines for diet.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20

OP
V
Oh man, there is so much to learn. Thank you for the info. It does make more sense about anemia not necessarily being a true iron deficiency, and it is most likely related to my lack of thyroid. I'll need to get better at picking melons when they are ripe! ;)

pboy

You basically ate very little to nothing and the stuff you did eat was really high in fiber. Pull milk or cheese out of fridge, let sit for a few minutes, consume...or consume right away. Requires no preparation. Have more tea and add enough sugar and/or salt to where your palate is satisfied. Leave behind the paradigm or diabetes, sugar, bs, fiber and glycemic index, healthy fats, ect its all just going to create stress and delude your intuition. Buy chocolate milk even if it has some not perfect Peat improved ingredients, and consume that. Its a nearly complete food nutritionaly, relaxing, satisfying, and completely convenient.

and no, you're not supposed to suffer through anything

cliff

Get some milk/cheese and oj, no prep necessary. sip on that through out the day. I think that reaction your getting may actually be low blood sugar unless your actually measuring your BS. The reason I say is because I've gotten basically the same feelings after pushing myself to a near hypoglycemic state with exercise, also if it happens when your just waking up that even more of a clue its probably low not high BS.

jaguar43

switching to a synthetic thyroid may help,

Rayser

violetrevolution said:
Well for example, yesterday I ate a whole mini watermelon with salt on it, some jamaica tea with simple syrup, and then sprouted corn tostadas fried in coconut oil with black beans, raw cheese, salsa and avocado. I woke up in serious pain, feeling itchy and like things were crawling on me. I am aware that I definitely do not eat enough during the day, but it is very hard for me to prepare food with how fatigued I am. :/ I have had my iron levels tested and was told I was anemic. Pretty confusing.

I don't know about jamaica tea but I have become very skeptical of herbal remedies, including teas. I know that green and black teas have benefits but they mess up my stomach every time. Coffee never does.
I can't eat corn, either. I get the same feeling you describe ... like my blood was itching. I think it's the combination of polyunsaturated fatty acids and starch.
Beans block your thyroid gland for a long time. Your metabolic rate drops and the liver cannot detoxify estrogen and other stress hormones. Probably also causes histamines to rise. Edward wrote on the forum:

"... out of the the hundreds of autopsies and gross examinations of the gastrointestinal tract I've done I've never seen any bits of eggshell. But I have seen a lot of fiber, corn, bean casings, hair, etc." Edward (Bold by me)

Avocado is a fruit I avoid completely. I can't tell you exactly what it is because it doesn't have that many PUFA, just a lot of MUFA but it makes me feel tired and even a little dizzy as if it lowered my blood sugar.

Calcium and magnesium will help you avoid the itching and the zombie-like-feeling. Can you drink milk? 1% milk throughout the day would be great. If you can have some orange juice, cheese and tropical fruit you should notice the effects soon.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:yeahthat :1

pboy

violetrevolution said:

That meal, though not being ideal in the long run, was probably highly anabolic and your body was probably trying to sweat but due to slightly clogged pores, that might have been why you started itching...I find that if this happens to me, once I sweat for a good 15 minutes or so the itching stops. The pain was probably due to a lot of fiber and gas

Rayser

pboy said:
That meal, though not being ideal in the long run, was probably highly anabolic and your body was probably trying to sweat but due to slightly clogged pores, that might have been why you started itching...I find that if this happens to me, once I sweat for a good 15 minutes or so the itching stops.

Pboy - Do you have any sources for the statement about sweating and clogged pores?
Because another explanation would be that you raised histamines and by that estrogen (or used something estrogenic and raised histamines) which leads to the subjective feeling of heat (flashes) and to sweating.
I haven't heard of "clogged pores" other than through use of - for instance - aluminum on the skin.
If some kind of food makes you sweat it would be a good idea to measure your temperature. Chances are, it's lower than usual. I would avoid those foods.

pboy

just personal experience, it could have been / probably was something else. I just find that when I don't sweat for a few days, that when I do if its a rapid onset ill itch at first

Swandattur

I noticed recently when I tried eating some wheat bread a couple of days in a row, that besides insomnia beginning again, my hot flashes went from pretty low grade or nonexistent to much more noticeable.

I think histamines in food make my skin itchy, and my histamine problems are not as bad on my imperfect version of a Peat diet, as they were on SAD or low carb. I mean I seem to tolerate histamines a little better.

Rayser

That's the same for me, Swandattur.
I notice quickly when I eat something wrong.

Jenn

My son gets the"itchies". First occurrence was years ago eating commercial jello, had a fit. I thought he was faking, just throwing a tantrum. Apparently, he could not handle the food coloring. It's a liver issues and is related to sweating. The skin is used for detox by the liver. For him, he itches under the skin and does not get relief from scratching. A heavy sweat will bring some relief, but until then, it's very uncomfortable. Getting enough sugar and potassium helps. We use cream of tartar for extra potassium. Potassium also helps with blood sugar issues.

Swandattur

I have mostly been off cheese for several months because it causes sneezing and stuffy nose but I recently discovered that buffalo mozzarella doesn't bother me that way. However, now I am noticing it seems to set off hot flashes a little after eating it. I don't know what the mechanism of that would be.

Swandattur

Another thing I noticed after eating the cheese is what I used to think were olfactory hallucinations and now think is from something bacteria produce when it works on the undigested food. I think I smell some gas it produces.