Speeding up the PUFA Detox

Bluebell

When I switched to the Peat diet, I went from having lots of PUFAs to none overnight.

I am absolutely laden with them, dripping with PUFAs.

Of course I want to detox them faster, I expect a lot of Peatarians would like that too. I read that I'm supposed to let them stay in storage, keep them there & out of the bloodstream with the help of niacinamide, then allow my liver to slowly slowly safety get rid of them. After 4 years I'll have the majority gone.

Any ways to speed it up?

Maybe ...

Coconut oil - except I can't eat it, I react very strongly against even the refined stuff. Would butter/cream be a good substitute?

Losing weight/building muscle, while taking aspirin to limit damage from the released PUFAs?

Getting thyroid working again - in process!

Vitamin E - taking small amounts.

Increase liver function - not sure how to do this apart from eating v. regularly with enough sugars so glycogen stores high enough.

Maybe "other anti-lipid-peroxidation agents", I wonder what they would be?
From Ray:
“‎The larger the quantity of “toxic fat” stored in the body, the more careful the person must be about increasing metabolic and physical activity. Using more vitamin E, short-chain saturated fats, and other anti-lipid-peroxidation agents is important.”

Any comments/other ideas gratefully received.

Jenn

How much coconut oil are you trying to eat at one time? It has been popularly promoted to eat it by the spoonful and that is NOT beneficial to a lot of people. In our house, we had to start with a very low fat, high carb diet. I found I could tolerate coconut oil on my skin and "ate" some that way. It actually helped with body temp and appetite. Not everyone can tolerate it on his or her skin either. We are all a little different.

J

j.

You don't want to speed it up. PUFAs do their damage when you get rid of them.

OP
Bluebell

Bluebell

Jenn said:
How much coconut oil are you trying to eat at one time? It has been popularly promoted to eat it by the spoonful and that is NOT beneficial to a lot of people. In our house, we had to start with a very low fat, high carb diet. I found I could tolerate coconut oil on my skin and "ate" some that way. It actually helped with body temp and appetite. Not everyone can tolerate it on his or her skin either. We are all a little different.

I was having about 5-10 g on my carrot salad.

That's interesting your body temperature and appetite improved just from putting coconut oil on your skin. Maybe I'll try some that way.

OP
Bluebell

Bluebell

j. said:
You don't want to speed it up. PUFAs do their damage when you get rid of them.

Thank you, yes ... but not when they are coming out through the liver, so improving liver function could help.

I still like the idea of using protective substances like E/aspirin while encouraging them out a little faster through fat loss ...