Depression, Anxiety, Insomnia, PCOS, Milk Tolerance, Greying Hair

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I put the bag over my nose and mouth. Then I breathe through my nose as I normally do. It should only be done until it feels uncomfortable which will be a minute or two, but I think even less then that is better so you dont hit that stress of getting uncomfortable. lol 2 or 3 times a day or according to how you feel. Less is more sometimes, slow wins the race. :)

OP
M

mamaherrera

I have PCOS and want to help my body balance out with Peat. But everywhere that you read about PCOS, and from PCOS sufferers, say they do best without dairy. That dairy brings on more of their symptoms. I am liking my cups of milk and yogurt, and cheese, but I do not want more hair growth on my chin, thin hairs on my scalp, I want to get away from the androgen sensitivity. And I know that insulin and cortisol can cause the same symptoms, but I know from last labs that my androgens are on the high range. What do you all think or know about dairy/PCOS and if it's true?

J

j.

PCOS sufferers tend to have other issues, probably including digestion and gut issues. If they can't digest the milk, it can stay in the intestine feeding excess bacteria and causing symptoms. Once they are able to digest the milk, things should get better.

OP
M

mamaherrera

and what are the best approaches for helping gut issues and digestion issus???? And what should I be watching for to see if these issues are improving?

J

j.

The typical strategy to get used to digest milk seems to be starting slow and gradually increasing the dose.

Sometimes I notice that I don't sleep well after certain foods, including dairy at some point. I think what happened was that I wasn't digesting it well, so if that happens I consume the food in the morning for some time, so that the body has time to process it completely before sleep.

OP
M

mamaherrera

Thanks, good to know it's that simple. So if you introduce slowly, eventually your gut heals and it will be digested???

Mittir

RP has mentioned that PCOS is a result of low thyroid, low progesterone, high estrogen and
high stress hormones. He also mentioned that hypothyroid people lacks the enzyme to
breakdown lactose. Progesterone particularly helps with lactase production.
SIBO is a result of hypothyroidism and that plays role in inhibiting lactase enzyme
production. If your thyroid is good then you have a better chance of adjusting to
milk. You need to introduce milk slowly and avoid raw milk.
But a lactose intolerant person should be able to tolerate cheese, as there is
almost no lactose in cheese. RP does not recommend yogurt for it's lactic acid content
but you can use greek/strained yogurt.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
j. said:
The typical strategy to get used to digest milk seems to be starting slow and gradually increasing the dose.
IIRC, pregnenolone also helped you with milk tolerance.

J

j.

mamaherrera said:
Thanks, good to know it's that simple. So if you introduce slowly, eventually your gut heals and it will be digested???

Not necessarily, I can digest UHT milk only 1 liter per day, so I complement with cheese and eggs or other proteins. But that only happens to me with UHT milk, I can digest more of the milk that is pasteurized but not ultrapasteurized.

J

j.

Charlie said:
IIRC, pregnenolone also helped you with milk tolerance.

Yeah, thyroid too, but I don't know how isolated that was, i.e., whether it would also help others.

OP
M

mamaherrera

yes greek yogurt is what I use, with fruit. Does anyone know if I can take progesterone or vitex while nursing?? Also, my other big problem is my circadian rhythm. I can't sleep until 2 or 3 in the morning, I've been that ways that college. So my biggest goals are to up sugar intake to lower cortisol, eat carrot to help with estrogen and keep blood sugar stable?

OP
M

mamaherrera

And UHT milk what is that?? I do horizons organic 1% milk. ANd no gas, so I think I'm doing ok with lactose, but I watch for acne, I've gotten a couple around my jawline and forehead, that to me is another sign. Also, watching for those thick hairs on my chin. I wanted to try pregnenolone, but when I saw that side effects include acne and hair loss. I don't want to go there: been there already.

J

j.

UHT is ultrapasteurized milk, it's heated at a higher temperature than just pasteurized milk. But everyone is different, maybe you will digest it well, or maybe you won't need such huge amounts.

It typically says in the container if the milk is UHT.

J

j.

If you start drinking milk and then have diarrhea, maybe you drank too much.

OP
M

mamaherrera

I'll have to check the carton to see what it says. Also, the CLA/PUFA that comes from dairy, that shows up on cronometer, is that bad or good?? Also, in grass fed meat. And no, I don't get diarrhea. Just not wanting acne/chin hairs to be from milk, dairy.

J

j.

Everything has PUFA, including orange juice, but what you get from that and milk is too little.

Mittir

mamaherrera said:
I can't sleep until 2 or 3 in the morning, I've been that ways that college. So my biggest goals are to up sugar intake to lower cortisol, eat carrot to help with estrogen and keep blood sugar stable?
One possibility is gut irritation. Digestive power slows down after sunset. That is why RP
recommends carrot salad in the after noon and to avoid protein rich meal after sunset.
Sugar and fat are suitable for dinner and snack before bed.
Milk and cheese with sugar, fruit juice, ice cream are good options.
Gelatin is also a great sleeping aid if you can digest it properly.
Hydrolyzed gelatin is easier to digest.

OP
M

mamaherrera

I will stick with milk and cheese with fruit/sugar. And yes I do milk with gelatin every night. Like you said on another post, I need to kick this bad habit of sleeping at 2 am in the butt.