questions concerning skintags and acanthosis nigrican

DollyDagger

hi all, ive been peating for a few months now. I have seen a lot of improvements such as skin tone, wrinkle diminshment, energy and mood, lessening of arthitis pain, to name a few for now.

One thing that is concerning me though is its just come to my attention that my skintags and acanthosis nigrican (on neck) seem to have been resurrected. I had the skintags removed some years ago and they pretty much stayed gone since apart from little wee wee teeny tiny ones. Most recently they seem to be sprouting at a faster rate and growing larger. As far as the Acanthosis nigrican this too i had eradicated many years ago when i lost weight. But now that seems to be back too. Its just starting out in 2 small patches on either side of my neck at this point. My weight has fluctuated within a 10-15 lb range these past years so i cant attribute it to weight gain as ive been this weight before.

Is it always a sign of Insulin resistance? How concerned should i be ? I remember showing my derm the skintags 20 years ago and all she said was it was mostly genetic and harmless. My BG test that i last had done 2 years ago was fine.
Do you see anything in the following protocol that might be contributing to this skin tag and acanthosis nigrican revival ?
Should i get a glucose meter??! or what should i change/tweak to try and fix this.

supplements- niacinamede 500, aspirin 325-650, progest E cycled, pregnenolone 210 every 3-4 days, B1 100, thiroyd 3-4 daily, palm kernel oil 1-2 tsps week
*forgot to mention also- vit K , daily carrot, and vit D 3000-5000 ius and GL gelatin

diet consists
for protein - famers cheese, 1 % milk, weekly liver, white fish, shrimp, few eggs a week
for carbs-fruits, some pasteurized oj, sugar, maple syrup and honey
for fat- naturally occuring in proteins and butter/olive sparingly for cooking
ive all but eliminated starch except for the occasional well cooked half potato or thin slice of homemade sourdough bread maybe twice a week

Ive read accounts of people saying that peating resulted in their skintags shrinking disappearing and falling off..has anyone else found that not to be the case and seen an increase like im seeing? does it have to get worse before it gets better?

thanks you so much in advance for any input
peace
D.

Mittir

Someone asked about skin tags in this month's KMUD interview.
He said that he does not exactly know the underlying cause of
skin tags but he suspect the lack of protective hormones are
possible cause as it happens more to middle aged people.
He mentioned that people got better by topically
applying DHEA dissoloved in oil . He also mentioned
that application of progesterone and pregnenolone helps.
I do not think things has to get worse before it gets better.
I am not sure what you meant by thyroid 3/4 times a day.
Did you mean that you are getting 3-4 grains of thyroid?
You will need more nutrients and vitamins to support
increased metabolism, which can result from thyroid and
other supplements you are using. 500 mg of niacinamide seems
bit high unless you are eating every few hours or you have good ability
to store glycogen. I do not see any gelatine in your food list.
It is very important to have some gelatine to balance the amino
acids profile of high tryptophan protein. You will also need
vitamin K to use Aspirin regularly. Endotoxin and gut irritants
are major cause of hormonal imbalance. You have to make sure
that you are eating well ripened fruits and you will have to avoid
fiber if you have bad gut bacteria balance. Honey can be allergenic too.
Are you doing raw carrot salad or cooked bamboo shoots daily?

OP
D

DollyDagger

@Mittir, thank you for the insightful response and suggestions. I will try the topical progest-E. I have the micronized pregnenolone from health natura, maybe i can try mixing it with the progest-E and applying it.

Yes i meant i am 3-4 grains of the thiroyd NDT from pimpom spread out through the day.. unfortunately my thermometer conked out on me a while back so i havent been able to check for improvements in my temps. I need to get a new one ASAP.

I am eating every few hours but maybe i should try to spread out the dose of niacinamide or buy a lower dosage if 500 seems too much.

thank you for reminding me i will adjust my post above as ive forgotten to add a few things that you mentioned
i just started vit K a few weeks- carlsons brand i think its 5 grams..that i take once every 3 days.
I also have been supplementing with GL gelatin, I get 2- 3 T a day and i try to make weekly oxtail broths too.
carrots i do nearly daily at least 1

I will keep a close eye on it and see if the progest-e and pregnenolone help. I might pick up a blood glucose meter.

Might making a solution with niacinamide mixed with water and applied topically help to lessen the discoloration i wonder...

Mittir

I have noticed a big improvement in dark wrinkle around my right elbow
in recent months. I think regular use of Niacinamide 100 mg 3 times a day
is responsible for that. I also increased thyroid intake via chicken neck soups
in recent months. RP recommends taking niacinamide with OJ or foods.
Since niancinamide lowers free fatty acids, body has to rely on sugar and
stored glycogen as energy source. Hypothyroid people often have problem
storing glycogen and burning carb. I started with 50 mg of Niacinamide
and then slowly increased to 3x100 mg. I believe niacinamide improved
liver's ability to store glycogen.

RP recommends slow increase in thyroid supplement so body can get adjusted
to increased demand of energy and repleting glycogen. 3-4 grains seems bit high.
Body makes about 100 mcg of T4 daily, 4 grains of dessicated thyroid has about
150 mcg of T4. If T4 is not converted properly it can worsen thyroid function.
RP recommends taking thyroid supplements with food to delay the absorption of T3.
Main purpose of T4 is to suppress TSH. What was your TSH before starting
thyroid supplement. Did you measure your total T3 and Total T4?
Since T4 builds up over several weeks, you really can not suddenly stop it.
You will need to do it slowly if you choose to lower T4 intake.
Tracking temp and pulse 1-2 hours after breakfast and other times of the day
is very important. Ear thermometer is quite helpful.

You are adding lot of new foods to your diet and it becomes very difficult
to figure out which food is causing problem for you. If you can not digest milk,
gelatin or fruits properly then it will increase endotoxin and serotonin,
which will lower thyroid function. Lot of people have problem with
gelatin and fiber in OJ, both can feed bad bacteria.
Supplements are often major source of allergens due to contamination or
harmful excipient.

I believe DHEA is available over the counter in most supplement section.

OP
D

DollyDagger

hi Mittir...That's encouraging to know that you're getting results from the niacinamide. Perhaps i started too high with the 500 mg so i will definitely lower it or at least spread it out throughout the day. Right now im just taking it with my breakfast and always with a good amount of milk, and fruits/OJ.

As far as the NDTS I was following the dosing recommendations that i found here on a thread or link. I started with the one grain and increased every 2 weeks. Thats how im up to 3 or 4 a day. The ones i have are said to contain -“thiroyd” at one grain contains T3 at 8.31 microgram; T4 at 35 microgram. Should i stay at 3 grains then?

I had tracked my temps for about a month and a half and found them to be consistently low. I tracked them so much my thermometer broke :)
I will definitely start tracking temps as soon as i get a new one.

I dont have a doctor at this time and am well overdue for some blood tests. The last bloodtest i had was about a year and half ago and my TSH was 1.85. They didnt do a full thyroid panel or anything beyond basic bloodwork for yearly physicals.

Ive always had a stellar digestive system and have been able to eat just about anything without any obvious signs of stress or issues. There mightve been underlying and undetected things going on i suppose.

Ive tried acquiring clean supplements with minimal excipients

I have put a thin layer of olive oil and then some progest-E onto the areas so we'll see how that goes.
The DHEA iirc is restricted in Canada..so i would have to order it online. I can definitely try that but i thought that dhea works better for males? Ray Peat recently mentioned he takes small amounts of dhea daily. I forget exactly how much.

Thank you so very much for sharing your experience and knowledge. I appreciate it greatly.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals