Squamous Cell Carcinoma on tongue

HDD

A young friend has had radiation and chemo for his cancer. The cancer returned and the doctor wants to remove his tongue. He has dropped 30 lbs, unable to speak or eat solid foods. He is around 40 years old. He was an avid athlete. Surfer and weight lifter. He is very depressed. He does not want the surgery and the doctor has told him without it he has 2 years to live.

Has Ray Peat talked about this type of cancer in any of his interviews?

I am searching the forums and Peat's articles for information to send to him.

Any insight is appreciated.

Stilgar

What a horrible situation.
Ray points towards this in his article on lactate:

Eur J Clin Invest. 2003 Oct;33(10):875-82. Activation of p53 signalling in acetylsalicylic acid-induced apoptosis in OC2 human oral cancer cells. Ho CC, Yang XW, Lee TL, Liao PH, Yang SH, Tsai CH, Chou MY.

Aspirin could be helpful. There have been links made between aspirin and its capacity to minimise tobacco's oral cancer risk, and the article above hints at the possibility of its use in treatment. I would also think vitamin E.

OP
H

HDD

Thank you, Stilgar.

I saved this protocol for lymphoma that worked. It called for high doses of aspirin and vitamin e. Not sure if it would apply to all cancers.

>>progesterone (progest-e-complex) even before the chemo therapy to make up for the estrogen dominance which lead to the cancer in the first place. one bottle per week during the chemo

>>thyroid hormones to balance the hypothyroidism

>>a very strict diet without any PUFA since there are no cancers without PUFA. carrots and coconut oil and fruit and cheese and sugar and salt and drank milk and orange juice and gelatine.

>supplemented vitamins E, A, D3, Niacinamide

>3g of aspirin a day for 2 years and uses 1g a day now because aspirin alone fights cancer and prevents every kind of cancer known except lung cancer.

>heat bulbs for many hours a day during winter and had baths with epsom salt and baking soda and used baking soda a few times a day.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
And I know its not prostate but maybe there might be something in there too.

Attachments

• Cancer Disorder Aging 3_12.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 93
  • Prostate cancer copy.pdf
    4.3 MB · Views: 129
OP
H

HDD

I just wanted to mention that breathing carbonates has been reported to be effective. Disclaimer: nothing here should be construed as a "cure" for cancer. But it has helped many ameliorate the symptoms and pain of cancer. I've started a thread about breathing carbonates if you click here.

OP
H

HDD

visionofstrength said:
I just wanted to mention that breathing carbonates has been reported to be effective. Disclaimer: nothing here should be construed as a "cure" for cancer. But it has helped many ameliorate the symptoms and pain of cancer. I've started a thread about breathing carbonates if you click here.

Thank you. I was thinking of asking you about it on your thread. :)

OP
H

HDD

Stilgar said:
What a horrible situation.
Ray points towards this in his article on lactate:

Eur J Clin Invest. 2003 Oct;33(10):875-82. Activation of p53 signalling in acetylsalicylic acid-induced apoptosis in OC2 human oral cancer cells. Ho CC, Yang XW, Lee TL, Liao PH, Yang SH, Tsai CH, Chou MY.

Aspirin could be helpful. There have been links made between aspirin and its capacity to minimise tobacco's oral cancer risk, and the article above hints at the possibility of its use in treatment. I would also think vitamin E.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14511359
This is the link to the study. This study shows asa stopping cancer growth? High dosage of aspirin is one of Peat's recommendations. I want to send this study to my friend but want to make sure it says what I think it says.

Can anyone explain this study in simpler language?

OP
H

HDD

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14511359
" Our study presents evidences that activation of p53 signalling involved in apoptosis induced by ASA[/b]. Furthermore, the apoptotic effect was enhanced by blocking the activation of p42/p44 MAPK in response to treatment with ASA, thus indicating a negative role for p42/p44 MAPK."

http://jcs.biologists.org/content/116/20/4077.full.pdf
"The prevention of cancer is profoundly dependent on the p53 tumor suppressor protein. The ability of p53 to eliminate excess, damaged or infected cells by apoptosis (Kerr et al., 1972) is vital for the proper regulation of cell proliferation in multi-cellular organisms (Huang and Strasser, 2000). p53 is activated by external and internal stress signals that promote its nuclear accumulation in an active form. In turn, p53 induces either viable cell growth arrest or apoptosis. The latter activity is crucial for tumor suppression. The growth inhibitory activities of p53 prevent the proliferation of cells with damaged DNA or with a potential for neoplastic transformation. In addition, p53 contributes to cellular processes such as differentiation, DNA repair and angiogenesis, which also appear to be vital for tumor suppression (reviewed by Vogt Sionov and Haupt, 1999)."

Haagendazendiane said:
Thank you, Stilgar.

I saved this protocol for lymphoma that worked. It called for high doses of aspirin and vitamin e. Not sure if it would apply to all cancers.

>>progesterone (progest-e-complex) even before the chemo therapy to make up for the estrogen dominance which lead to the cancer in the first place. one bottle per week during the chemo

>>a very strict diet without any PUFA since there are no cancers without PUFA. carrots and coconut oil and fruit and cheese and sugar and salt and drank milk and orange juice and gelatine.

>3g of aspirin a day for 2 years and uses 1g a day now because aspirin alone fights cancer and prevents every kind of cancer known except lung cancer.

>heat bulbs for many hours a day during winter and had baths with epsom salt and baking soda and used baking soda a few times a day.

I remember that post :mrgreen: that cancer has very high treatment success with conventional methods, though (she had chemotherapy and radiation).

OP
H

HDD

Such_Saturation said:
Haagendazendiane said:
Thank you, Stilgar.

I remember that post :mrgreen: that cancer has very high treatment success with conventional methods, though (she had chemotherapy and radiation).

You are correct about Hodgkin's Lymphoma having high treatment success using conventional methods. In this case, she only received 3 treatments of chemotherapy and did not receive radiation.

Are you implying that this non-conventional treatment was only successful because of the type of cancer or because of the chemo she received?

Haagendazendiane said:
Such_Saturation said:
Haagendazendiane said:
Thank you, Stilgar.

You are correct about Hodgkin's Lymphoma having high treatment success using conventional methods. In this case, she only received 3 treatments of chemotherapy and did not receive radiation.

Are you implying that this non-conventional treatment was only successful because of the type of cancer or because of the chemo she received?

No, and neither am I implying that this conventional treatment was only successful because of the type of cancer or because of the non-conventional treatment.

OP
H

HDD

What are you saying? If you were diagnosed with cancer, what would you do?

One of my adult children asked me recently what I was going to do when I got cancer. I think because of her exposure to aging grandparents, that all had one type of cancer or another, and a sister that had cancer, she assumes it is forthcoming.

I have always thought (at least for the past 20 years) that I would seek alternative treatment for cancer. I have seen friends my age and younger die within 5 years of diagnosis and treatment. It is quite sobering to attend funerals of your peers. When my daughter was diagnosed at age 19, I was in shock. She had Hodgkins and received conventional treatment that was successful. I think it is prudent to have a plan. The right plan. If I had been diagnosed with cancer before finding Ray Peat, I would have been juicing carrots and eating cottage cheese with flaxseed oil. :shock:

Haagendazendiane said:
What are you saying? If you were diagnosed with cancer, what would you do?

One of my adult children asked me recently what I was going to do when I got cancer. I think because of her exposure to aging grandparents, that all had one type of cancer or another, and a sister that had cancer, she assumes it is forthcoming.

I have always thought (at least for the past 20 years) that I would seek alternative treatment for cancer. I have seen friends my age and younger die within 5 years of diagnosis and treatment. It is quite sobering to attend funerals of your peers. When my daughter was diagnosed at age 19, I was in shock. She had Hodgkins and received conventional treatment that was successful. I think it is prudent to have a plan. The right plan. If I had been diagnosed with cancer before finding Ray Peat, I would have been juicing carrots and eating cottage cheese with flaxseed oil. :shock:

Hodgkin's lymphoma has an eighty-five percent five year survival rate, prostate cancer almost ninety-nine percent, pancreas cancer less than seven percent. Once you get very good at bringing those venoms to the tumor, killing it is fairly trivial, but you aren't removing the causes. I have removed the causes by starting to eat like this. If I get cancer it will be in the stomach or something (gastritis) and I won't have many "non-conventional" paths apart from taking more aspirin or progesterone or bicarbonate. So, I just don't see it happening because I am providing the energy for a healthy mutation/mutation-suppression ratio. Even some radiation will be much more effective in a "peater" than in an average person which further increases your "luck". My grandfather had cancer at thirty and is ninety-three. Idolizing this sickness (the Big C, etc.) is more a symptom of collective learned helplessness and hysteria than a real approach to the problem. The illness starts long before the sickness.

The body has a natural substance to cull tumor growth called Krebiozen. Incidentally it also makes cataracts disappear, go figure.

OP
H

HDD

Have you researched DCA? I posted a quote and an interesting link on the previous page.

It was recommended by RayPeat for my friend.

This study is what came up after a quick google on stomach cancer and DCA. I don't understand it well except that it concludes favorably towards use of DCA.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23135628

By Peating, it won't be needed! :D :carrot

"Cancer researchers have become interested in this enzyme system that controls the oxidation of pyruvic acid (and thus sugar) by the mitochondria, since these enzymes are crucially defective in cancer cells (and also in diabetes). The chemical DCA, dichloroacetate, is effective against a variety of cancers, and it acts by reactivating the enzymes that oxidize pyruvic acid. Thyroid hormone, insulin, and fructose also activate these enzymes. These are the enzymes that are inactivated by excessive exposure to fatty acids, and that are involved in the progressive replacement of sugar oxidation by fat oxidation, during stress and aging, and in degenerative diseases; for example, a process that inactivates the energy-producing pyruvate dehydrogenase in Alzheimer's disease has been identified (Ishiguro, 1998). Niacinamide, by lowering free fatty acids and regulating the redox system, supporting sugar oxidation, is useful in the whole spectrum of metabolic degenerative diseases."
http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/sugar-issues.shtml

Haagendazendiane said:
Have you researched DCA? I posted a quote and an interesting link on the previous page.

It was recommended by RayPeat for my friend.

This study is what came up after a quick google on stomach cancer and DCA. I don't understand it well except that it concludes favorably towards use of DCA.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23135628

By Peating, it won't be needed! :D :carrot

"Cancer researchers have become interested in this enzyme system that controls the oxidation of pyruvic acid (and thus sugar) by the mitochondria, since these enzymes are crucially defective in cancer cells (and also in diabetes). The chemical DCA, dichloroacetate, is effective against a variety of cancers, and it acts by reactivating the enzymes that oxidize pyruvic acid. Thyroid hormone, insulin, and fructose also activate these enzymes. These are the enzymes that are inactivated by excessive exposure to fatty acids, and that are involved in the progressive replacement of sugar oxidation by fat oxidation, during stress and aging, and in degenerative diseases; for example, a process that inactivates the energy-producing pyruvate dehydrogenase in Alzheimer's disease has been identified (Ishiguro, 1998). Niacinamide, by lowering free fatty acids and regulating the redox system, supporting sugar oxidation, is useful in the whole spectrum of metabolic degenerative diseases."
http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/sugar-issues.shtml

Don't know how to get it but I'd keep a bottle safe, it might go for a million bucks twenty years from now.