MIracle Cure For Excessive Urination!

Velve921

I've written about excessive urination issues several times...I've been Peating for 5 months and temps and pulses are close to normal but urination isn't getting better. I urinated 30 times last night. I've tried every Peating idea under the sun...diet, thyroid, progest e, pregnenolone, aspirin, baking soda, gelatin, epsom salt, everything! I need a miracle! Please help!

Any ideas would be a life saver!

What does "Peating" mean? Have you tried milk or eggshell or orange juice?

This thread is entitled "Miracle Cure" so with that caveat...

Hi, e! In the other thread, I suggested activated charcoal in very large doses. starting with 4 tablespoons and going up from there, as much as a cup. Did you try that? It is a "miracle cure" used in emergency rooms to revive poison and drug overdose victims.

Peat writes that you may have excess estrogen weakening your bladder. He describes it like this:

Ray Peat said:
With aging, hypothyroidism, stress, and fatigue, the amount of estrogen in the body typically rises. Estrogen is catabolic for muscle, and causes systemic edema, and nerve excitation. It weakens muscle contraction in the bladder, although it lowers the threshold for stimulation of sensation and contraction (Dambros, et al., 2004). This is the pattern that causes people to wake up frequently, to pass a small amount of urine. (Progesterone has the opposite effect in the urinary bladder, raising the threshold of response, but strengthening contraction, as it does in the gallbladder.)

You say you tried progesterone, but dosing is important. Peat suggests you start with three drops (10 mg), and keep using three drops more, until your condition is resolved. This is also a "miracle cure" for some: One guy reported he got relief from his heroin addiction by doing that 100 times (1 gram)!

andvanwyk

"You say you tried progesterone, but dosing is important. Peat suggests you start with three drops (10 mg), and keep using three drops more, until your condition is resolved. This is also a "miracle cure" for some: One guy reported he got relief from his heroin addiction by doing that 100 times (1 gram)!"

I'd be interested in seeing Ray's original quote about that if you know where it is? Is he saying to do that on consecutive days or in what time? ie. increase by three drops per day until your problem is solved?

Thanks

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Emmanceb,

I don't drink Mexican cokes (if your referring to that soda) because I've given up caffeine as that gives me high adrenaline responses (temps go down) and the carbonation generally gives increases my urination. I do club soda occassionally if I'm at a restaurant as a cheat.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Visionofstrength,

My sincere apologies! I must have missed your thread about charcoal. I can definitely consider it...in this case how would it effect my bladder in your opinion? Where do I buy it?

I prolly 6-7 drops of progest e before bed. So you think I should try increasing pretty rapidly?

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Such_Saturation said:
What does "Peating" mean? Have you tried milk or eggshell or orange juice?

Yes, all of the above.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Also random of thought, I recently added in cranberry and apple juice for variety, could either of those cause increase in interstitial cystitis if that were the case for me?

Suikerbuik

30 times a night means every 20 minutes!? What is the average volume then? If this is true I'd really suggest looking for a good doctor..

OP
Velve921

Velve921

I've seen 10 doctors and all think its an act of god and don't know a thing about my issue. Therefore, I've somewhat given up on doctors. I need real help...something isn't right.

andvanwyk said:
I'd be interested in seeing Ray's original quote about that if you know where it is? Is he saying to do that on consecutive days or in what time? ie. increase by three drops per day until your problem is solved?

Thanks
Yes, good point. It's actually 10 minutes:

Ray Peat said:
Very large doses that are given in vitamin E solution, allowing complete absorption, can reach the level that is sometimes achieved late in pregnancy, producing both euphoria and a degree of anesthesis. To avoid unexpected anesthesia, the correct dose should be determined by taking about 10 mg. at a time allowing it to spread into the membranes of the mouth, and repeating the dose after 10 minutes until the symptoms are controlled.

Ewlevy1 said:
I've seen 10 doctors and all think its an act of god and don't know a thing about my issue. Therefore, I've somewhat given up on doctors. I need real help...something isn't right.
Yes, at least in the US, doctors are far more likely to be the cause of the problem, and very seldom the solution.

Where does the liquid come from in your diet?

tara

visionofstrength said:
This thread is entitled "Miracle Cure" so with that caveat...

Hi, e! In the other thread, I suggested activated charcoal in very large doses. starting with 4 tablespoons and going up from there, as much as a cup. Did you try that? It is a "miracle cure" used in emergency rooms to revive poison and drug overdose victims.

Peat writes that you may have excess estrogen weakening your bladder. He describes it like this:

Ray Peat said:
With aging, hypothyroidism, stress, and fatigue, the amount of estrogen in the body typically rises. Estrogen is catabolic for muscle, and causes systemic edema, and nerve excitation. It weakens muscle contraction in the bladder, although it lowers the threshold for stimulation of sensation and contraction (Dambros, et al., 2004). This is the pattern that causes people to wake up frequently, to pass a small amount of urine. (Progesterone has the opposite effect in the urinary bladder, raising the threshold of response, but strengthening contraction, as it does in the gallbladder.)

You say you tried progesterone, but dosing is important. Peat suggests you start with three drops (10 mg), and keep using three drops more, until your condition is resolved. This is also a "miracle cure" for some: One guy reported he got relief from his heroin addiction by doing that 100 times (1 gram)!

visionofstrength said:
andvanwyk said:

Thanks
Yes, good point. It's actually 10 minutes:

Ray Peat said:
Very large doses that are given in vitamin E solution, allowing complete absorption, can reach the level that is sometimes achieved late in pregnancy, producing both euphoria and a degree of anesthesis. To avoid unexpected anesthesia, the correct dose should be determined by taking about 10 mg. at a time allowing it to spread into the membranes of the mouth, and repeating the dose after 10 minutes until the symptoms are controlled.

Given you've tried lots of other things, I reckon this would be worth a try, at least once or twice to see if it helps. The risks I'm aware of are:
  • Too much anaesthesia - which you avoid by taking it at bed time in small doses every ten minutes till you fall asleep, and maybe again if/when you wake up to pee. The first time you try a bigger dose, I'd recommend you do it when you have the opportunity to sleep in the next morning in case you need too.
  • For men, temporary reduced libido - I gather it returns very soon after you stop supplementing (can anyone confirm this?). I imagine this would be worth the risk temporarily to get some relief and sleep.
The potential benefits are many, in addition to it maybe relieving your main complaint.
For women, how much is needed to have enough effect seems to vary hugely from person to person. Some people seem to find benefit from 3 drops (~10mg)/day; others use a bottle a week or more. There are several men on here who use it to good effect too - but I don't remember how much they use.
I find it very valuable. I quickly learned to not use it on an empty stomach. Have fuel on board before you take it.

emmanceb

Something else you might want to look into is histamine intolerance

Frequent urination is a symptom

"UTI symptoms/peeing 20-30 times a night"
- http://thelowhistaminechef.com/histamine-intolerance-symptoms/

Edit: another cause could be Hypoglycemia, funny enough I was battling it yesterday and my excessive urination came back during that time (polyuria is a symptom)

“Hypoglycemia (which can result from any respiratory defect) can produce malfunction of any tissue, but brain dysfunction and immune dysfunction are very common effects. Adamkiewics has shown that allergic reactions to a given substance will decrease from 100 percent to zero, when the blood glucose increases from, for example, 50 mg % to 150 mg% or more. Progesterone (and thyroid) will help in most allergic diseases, including the autoimmune and ‘collagen diseases,’ because it helps to maintain blood sugar (promoting respiration and improving use of fat, sparing glucose) and also because it stabilizes lysosomes." - RP

It seems that hypoglycemia and allergies (histamine issues) are connected!

Hypoglycemia being the root issue and probably causing the frequent urination not the other way around like I previously suggested, hope this helps

koganmj

My two cents, for what its worth - some outside-the-box thoughts:

1) At 6.30mins in this interview with the Rubins and Lita Lee, Lita discusses her different enzymes for insomnia. Not quite your issue, but if you've tried everything else, perhaps worth a shot...

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/eastwesthe ... h-lita-lee

2) If you've never seen this Ray Peat quote: "Since T3 is used up very quickly, allowing the proinflammatory TSH to rise during the night, it would help if you used Cynoplus (contains T4 and T3) at bedtime, instead of Cynomel (T3 only). If you were taking 10 mcg of cynomel, then a third of a tablet of cynoplus would provide that, as well as the T4 that holds the TSH down longer."

3)--- a) Minimise any blue light completely at night
------b) avoid all artificial blue throughout the day, unless it is being emitted from halogen, incandescent, heat lamp or brooding bulbs

Different ways to achieve this:

-Uvex S1933X amber glasses which block a large portion of the blue spectrum
--->Uvex S0360X fit over eyeglasses

-Roscolux theatrical filter gel #23 "Orange" - you can find online suppliers of this gel sheet which you can place over the screen of your TV/computer to completely block the blue spectrum of light emitted by these devices

-lowbluelights.com sell an extremely popular pair of blue-blocking glasses. Users have reported even better blue-spectrum-blockage with these than Uvex. Wear these ALWAYS whenever watching tv/using computer, regardless of time of the day

-Beam N Read LED 6 Hands Free Light that comes with 2 clip-on filters: a blue-blocking orange filter and a red filter
A nifty little device that hangs around your neck for night-time reading. With the red filter attached, blue light is completely eliminated

-install a program called F.lux on your computer and smart devices. Though it doesn't block the blue spectrum, it decreases the "temperature" of the light emissions from the devices

-light your home in the evening with:
1) red-shaded low-brightness electric LED candles - cheap as chips off ebay
2) amber/orange/red led lights
3) red heat lamps, red-powder-coated incandescents, red-powder-coated halogens

-read this article as well as the reader comments: http://chriskresser.com/how-artificial- ... o-about-it

4) Maximise red light, near & mid infrared light throughout the day and right up until bedtime:

-get plenty of sun if geographic location allows you to (wear uvex/lowbluelight.com blue blockers if sunbathing face-up to filter out harmful-to-the-eyes UV & HEV [high-energy-visible light] wavelengths. Obviously, don't get sunburnt.

-read this article as well as the reader comments: http://180degreehealth.com/red-light-in ... uve-heard/

5) Consider sleeping with a grounding mat on your bed. Mercola has a zillion articles about grounding, but these two videos should give you a good understanding of the concept:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_z0HXOUSYQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfVQ1s6BNOA

6) Perhaps you have undiagnosed electro-hyper-sensitivity (EHS). Look into:

-do you spend a large amount of the day immersed in wi-fi frequencies? Very importantly, are you exposed to any whilst sleeping? Go to all lengths you can to eliminate wi-fi exposure - move if you have to (easier said than done). Wi-fi is a F***ING NIGHTMARE if you suffer EHS (I speak firsthand)

-do you live in close proximity to a cell-phone tower. More and more reputable statistics are being gathered showing higher cancer rates amongst people who live close to cell-phones compared to people living further away. The various health effects of cell-phone tower emissions are poorly understood...

-do you sleep with your head at the wall-end/bed-head end of the bed. There can be electrical wiring in walls that emit stray frequencies. Some people turn-around in their bed and sleep with their feet near the wall. Others go as far as pulling the circuit-breaker for their bedroom. Food for thought...

If your further interested in light, PM your email address and I'll send you some jpegs of various light and EMF graphs/spectrum depictions, and a word document I've collated of important bullet points on the subject of light. I may not get back to you straight away, I don't have personal internet atm and am using public sources when I have the time.

Good luck.

Suikerbuik

Hi Ewlevy1,

08-08-2014:
My urination is about 2 times a night now but I am still long ways away from seeing the light.
08-09-2014
My Vitamin D levels are good, however my PTH was a little High and calcium was high in the blood which was the only measure that was off the chart at my last blood test. This was before I started Peating...I will have it checked again in sept.
08-10-2014
my calcium was too high I backed off. I use to never get any calcium...since peating for 4 months I definitely get enough calcium as well as magnesium, potassium, and sodium.

THe urination began after a 4 month leaning process 3 years ago where I did: processed meat, veges, nuts, seeds,fish oil, coffee on a warrior diet with high intensity training with no rest during my workouts. I think my body was severely damaged during that time.

What change did you make lately? A month ago your average frequency was 2 times.

You are also saying you've seen enough doctors? Can you maybe provide us some more background then? What did they test? you can't tell me doctors test anything. If you want to have some more specific information you should post your lab results (despite most supposedly being in range).
I think things like, sodium, potassium, calcium, renin, eGFR, aldosterone, PTH and vitamin D really should have been tested. And maybe the ADH hormone, or tests from a 24 hour urine collection like sodium, potassium, calcium, glucose, certain acids, protein.
If you have had a doctor thinking out of the box (guess not this is the case) you may have had your neurotransmitters, histamine, maybe prolactin and 1,25D hormone tested.

Sounds like your gut is in bad shape too. Are there foods you react bad to, for example make you fatigue and cold after you've eaten them? And what about the next "details". How many grams of salt do you eat daily? Tried a fluid restriction for a few days? Ever tested what elegant exercise (walking) after dinner does for your sleep at night? Or meditation before bed time?

narouz

Mundane possibilities, but I don't think they've been mentioned:

1. UTI
2. hypothyroidism

Also, you might try some magnesium--it helps muscles to relax.
Possibly something in your urinary tract is sortuv spasming.

Good luck!
I used to have the same problem; peeing every hour or so, little volume.
Never did figure out exactly what it was.
Drinking beer helped it!
Ironically, more beer volume, less peeing.
Did seem that tea and fermented/spicy foods--like Indian pickle relishes--
were at least partially/sometimes involved.

koganmj said:
My two cents, for what its worth - some outside-the-box thoughts:

1) At 6.30mins in this interview with the Rubins and Lita Lee, Lita discusses her different enzymes for insomnia. Not quite your issue, but if you've tried everything else, perhaps worth a shot...

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/eastwesthe ... h-lita-lee

2) If you've never seen this Ray Peat quote: "Since T3 is used up very quickly, allowing the proinflammatory TSH to rise during the night, it would help if you used Cynoplus (contains T4 and T3) at bedtime, instead of Cynomel (T3 only). If you were taking 10 mcg of cynomel, then a third of a tablet of cynoplus would provide that, as well as the T4 that holds the TSH down longer."

3)--- a) Minimise any blue light completely at night
------b) avoid all artificial blue throughout the day, unless it is being emitted from halogen, incandescent, heat lamp or brooding bulbs

Different ways to achieve this:

-Uvex S1933X amber glasses which block a large portion of the blue spectrum
--->Uvex S0360X fit over eyeglasses

-Roscolux theatrical filter gel #23 "Orange" - you can find online suppliers of this gel sheet which you can place over the screen of your TV/computer to completely block the blue spectrum of light emitted by these devices

-lowbluelights.com sell an extremely popular pair of blue-blocking glasses. Users have reported even better blue-spectrum-blockage with these than Uvex. Wear these ALWAYS whenever watching tv/using computer, regardless of time of the day

-Beam N Read LED 6 Hands Free Light that comes with 2 clip-on filters: a blue-blocking orange filter and a red filter
A nifty little device that hangs around your neck for night-time reading. With the red filter attached, blue light is completely eliminated

-install a program called F.lux on your computer and smart devices. Though it doesn't block the blue spectrum, it decreases the "temperature" of the light emissions from the devices

-light your home in the evening with:
1) red-shaded low-brightness electric LED candles - cheap as chips off ebay
2) amber/orange/red led lights
3) red heat lamps, red-powder-coated incandescents, red-powder-coated halogens

-read this article as well as the reader comments: http://chriskresser.com/how-artificial- ... o-about-it

4) Maximise red light, near & mid infrared light throughout the day and right up until bedtime:

-get plenty of sun if geographic location allows you to (wear uvex/lowbluelight.com blue blockers if sunbathing face-up to filter out harmful-to-the-eyes UV & HEV [high-energy-visible light] wavelengths. Obviously, don't get sunburnt.

-read this article as well as the reader comments: http://180degreehealth.com/red-light-in ... uve-heard/

5) Consider sleeping with a grounding mat on your bed. Mercola has a zillion articles about grounding, but these two videos should give you a good understanding of the concept:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_z0HXOUSYQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfVQ1s6BNOA

6) Perhaps you have undiagnosed electro-hyper-sensitivity (EHS). Look into:

-do you spend a large amount of the day immersed in wi-fi frequencies? Very importantly, are you exposed to any whilst sleeping? Go to all lengths you can to eliminate wi-fi exposure - move if you have to (easier said than done). Wi-fi is a F***ING NIGHTMARE if you suffer EHS (I speak firsthand)

-do you live in close proximity to a cell-phone tower. More and more reputable statistics are being gathered showing higher cancer rates amongst people who live close to cell-phones compared to people living further away. The various health effects of cell-phone tower emissions are poorly understood...

-do you sleep with your head at the wall-end/bed-head end of the bed. There can be electrical wiring in walls that emit stray frequencies. Some people turn-around in their bed and sleep with their feet near the wall. Others go as far as pulling the circuit-breaker for their bedroom. Food for thought...

If your further interested in light, PM your email address and I'll send you some jpegs of various light and EMF graphs/spectrum depictions, and a word document I've collated of important bullet points on the subject of light. I may not get back to you straight away, I don't have personal internet atm and am using public sources when I have the time.

Good luck.

Also a simple cellphone that you carry around has much more energy than a wi-fi router. Just a thought.