Got my minocycline

sunmountain

It arrived in about a week.

I'd like to begin it. I know there's quite a bit on mino on the forum, and I've waded through Charlie's woes to page 20 of his thread. I'm totally swamped and can't read anymore.

But I need to start this SOON. I've just fought off a flu of some sort. The fever broke 2 nights ago. Yesterday the doc put me on Tamiflu for 6 days. During the flu or whatever it was, my stomach was less bloated. Today, as I'm feeling better and my appetite is returning and I'm eating more, my stomach has inflated like a balloon again! I'M MISERABLE!!!!

I have so much going on right now -- major life changes to consider and things to set in motion plus life as usual -- that I am SWAMPED and need to function and want to try the antibiotic to see if it will help.

I WILL be IMMENSELY GRATEFUL to have some questions answered.

1. I read Peatarian's advice on mino a while ago. I think she said to take it with a lot of sugar. I don't remember anything else. It would be really helpful to have just a summary of precautions if anyone can remember. I'll try to find that thread and read it again.

3. If it does NOT work, does it imply I do not have SIBO? Or just that it was not the right antibiotic?

4. Does anyone know of any conflict between Tamiflu and Mino? I don't want to wait anothe 6 days.

5. I think RP said to start with 100mg for symptoms, then drop dose if symptoms improve. Does anyone remember?

That's all I can think of right now. I'd like to start today or tomorrow if possible.

Thank you!!

Why take medicine for a flu? I took two spoons of charcoal and it was gone in about twelve hours.

OP
sunmountain

sunmountain

I didn't think of it...heh, heh.

She said Tamiflu; I paid $$ for it; might as well finish it? Or not if I want to start mino?

I just want to deal with the gut asap.

thanks

OP
sunmountain

sunmountain

I just found those Peatarian threads and quickly skimmed them.

Charcoal should be taken during mino for die off. Can anyone describe die off symptoms? Or maybe that doesn't matter; just take charcoal anyway since it's good.

Peatarian said drink OJ with extra sugar few minutes before mino.

I think the main question in my mind right now is whether to start with half a tablet (50mg), or the full tablet (100mg).

Thanks

OP
sunmountain

sunmountain

Called pharmacy and checked re mini and Tamiflu. They said fine together.

But I'll wait till tomorrow and see as still a bit of sore throat today.

Saw the thread Aqua, it will be interesting to see any side benefits...don't have back issue yet...main is GUT.

Anyone wanna weigh in on 50 or 100 based on experience or reading of Peat....

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Tamiflu. :shock:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I bumped a post by haidut 'Flagship flu drug...' that might be of interest to you sunmountain.

OP
sunmountain

sunmountain

Took the first dose last night 100mg. AC in middle of night. Second dose with breakfast this morning.

Feeling a bit dizzy when I stand up. Probably low sugar though I have been trying to keep it up.

Might drop down to 50 mg tonight.

No difference in stomach size.

Does anyone know if the results would've been evident right away if it was working.

G

gummybear

What about cascara sagrada? That usually helps me. Got it from an italian pharmacy.

OP
sunmountain

sunmountain

Thanks, Aqua, that's helpful to know! I don't think I'll take even 50 tonight; it's a demanding med. So that means a one dose of 100 today.

Gummy, I took cascara regularly when I started peating for a few months. Now I'm regular on my own. Do you think it might still be beneficial to take it from time to time, or even regularly?

aquaman

The cascara would be to make sure you're "cleaning out" any die-off nice and quivkly :)

G

gummybear

sunmountain said:
Thanks, Aqua, that's helpful to know! I don't think I'll take even 50 tonight; it's a demanding med. So that means a one dose of 100 today.

Gummy, I took cascara regularly when I started peating for a few months. Now I'm regular on my own. Do you think it might still be beneficial to take it from time to time, or even regularly?

Sure, cascara is some good stuff. I use farmalabor.

OP
sunmountain

sunmountain

Can't seem to handle more than 50 a day. Took 50 this morning, and feeling slightly nauseous all day. But also unusually busy today and yesterday, so less able to pay attention to eating. Still, this is a VERY demanding med, at least for me.

I'm assuming the nausea is because of nutrient demands; can it be because of die-off?

Will aim to AC tonight. Didn't last night; but did the night before last.

OP
sunmountain

sunmountain

Quick update on the minocycline. I was not able to handle more than 50 mg a day at bedtime. I would load up on sugar at bedtime and take it. Sometimes it still and woke me up in the middle of the night due to low sugar.

Although my stomach is still sticking out, the Minocycline has eased the discomfort noticeably.

I'm going to discontinue it tonight for now in part because I'm seeing the G.I. tomorrow morning and in part because it's been several days that I've been taking it.