What would cause green bowel movements?

Velve921

What would cause green bowel movements? I have been peating for 6 months and mostly within the last 3 I have had green bowel movements with a metalliic stench...thoughts? Could this be pufa detox? Heavy metal detox?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Could be bile. Have you taken cascara or maybe even started carrot salad lately?

OP
Velve921

Velve921

No cascara, I've been doing 1 carrot a day ever since I started. I heard that it could possibly be bile...what would that mean?

aguilaroja

Ewlevy1 said:
What would cause green bowel movements?...

http://www.mayoclinic.org/stool-color/e ... q-20058080

"Stool color is generally influenced by what you eat as well as by the amount of bile — a yellow-green fluid that digests fats — in your stool."

"Stool color: Green
What it may mean: Food may be moving through the large intestine too quickly, such as due to diarrhea. As a result, bile doesn't have time to break down completely.
Possible dietary causes: Green leafy vegetables, green food coloring, such as in flavored drink mixes or ice pops, iron supplements."

tara

The suggestions above are more likely, but have you been eating a lot of black currants lately? That seems to do it our household.

Katty

Blue frosting. When I was about 8 ate some on a cupcake- I was quite amused by what came out of me.

As for the smell, any chance you're on synthroid? My stools aren't green but I started to have weird BO and weird smelling stools when switching from NDT to synthetic t4 and t3. I'm not sure if it's something in the meds causing the smell, or if the meds are pushing my stress hormones (cortisol for sure, and possibly adrenaline) that are causing the smell. But the stools definitely have a bit of a metallic smell as you describe.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

I do not consume any of those foods...could it be PUFA or heavy metal detox?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals