Trying To Help Family Members: Coconut OIl, Progesterone, Vitamin E

Raypmom

OK, So I recently sent a bottle of progest e to my mom, she does not eat a peat inspired diet. Quiet the opposite actually. PUFA's/grains etc. She doesn’t seem to sleep well, so I was hoping it would help her with this. Maybe later, she would consider making some other changes. She still gets her periods, so would I be wrong to think that it will help her with some of the inflammation she has going on as well. She doesn’t take any meds at all, so why not give this a try?

Has anyone on the forum tried anything similar? From experience will Progest e be useless to her if her diet is lacking? Your thoughts please.
Thank you,
Fatima

johns74

I read many people talking about using Progest-E, giving it to their daughters, etc.

Why not give them a good vitamin E supplement instead? That should be the first thing to do. Vitamin E has many of the effects of progesterone, but in a more controlled manner. It's more unlikely to produce symptoms of having excessive amounts of progesterone.

OP
R

Raypmom

johns74 said:
I read many people talking about using Progest-E, giving it to their daughters, etc.

Why not give them a good vitamin E supplement instead? That should be the first thing to do. Vitamin E has many of the effects of progesterone, but in a more controlled manner. It's more unlikely to produce symptoms of having excessive amounts of progesterone.

That sounds reasonable. I didn't think of it. I guess, I should have done that.

Should I tell her to hold off on it, or maybe small doses until I can send her some vitamin e instead? I wish I had asked first before sending it to her.

jyb

johns74 said:

Never noticed anything from E. I am a male I got no side effects from protest-e, except at high dose and continuously, but that was not needed to get the positive effects. I prefer pregnenolone so I don't use protest-e any more, though.

tara

I would expect progest-e to be more likely helpful than not. Reducing PUFA and adding vit-E would be good too.

OP
R

Raypmom

tara said:
I would expect progest-e to be more likely helpful than not. Reducing PUFA and adding vit-E would be good too.

I doubt she will consider reducing anything now. Unfortunately.

But I am hoping if either or helps her in any way, she might consider my other recommendations perhaps.

johns74

It's easy to drastically reduce PUFA just by using refined coconut oil like Tropical Traditions instead of the vegetable oils. If Progest-E works, hopefully she'll be open to consider that suggestion. I think Progest-E is more likely to have bad effects than a good vitamin E product, but maybe she'll be lucky. Most vitamin E products however are from GMO soy, the two safest I think are 4spectrum and Carlson E-Gems Plus, if you were to consider that.

OP
R

Raypmom

johns74 said:
It's easy to drastically reduce PUFA just by using refined coconut oil like Tropical Traditions instead of the vegetable oils. If Progest-E works, hopefully she'll be open to consider that suggestion. I think Progest-E is more likely to have bad effects than a good vitamin E product, but maybe she'll be lucky. Most vitamin E products however are from GMO soy, the two safest I think are 4spectrum and Carlson E-Gems Plus, if you were to consider that.

I sent my parents a 1 gallon of coconut oil, and told them what to stay away from after they complained to me about health issues. After they ran out, they never purchased it again. It's not about money either, so I don't know. Lack of motivation maybe.

I will try the vitamin e, what about LotionCrafters? I think it's listed on toxinless.com. I will look into the ones you mentioned.

Have you had any luck into changing some habits of family/loved ones members? If it's too personal of a question disregard it. I apologize in advance. :)

johns74

Raypmom said:
Have you had any luck into changing some habits of family/loved ones members? If it's too personal of a question disregard it. I apologize in advance. :)

Buying coconut oil. They used it. Haven't been able to persuade them on anything else, such as using vitamin E for cholesterol.

johns74

Raypmom said:
I will try the vitamin e, what about LotionCrafters?

If it's for somebody else, it's impractical. You have to persuade them to 1. take vitamin E, and 2. take it in an impractical way because it's not encapsulated (trouble dosing, you have to taste the thing). Also, I personally seem to have some allergic reactions to LotionCrafter, but not to the other two I mentioned.

tara

Raypmom said:
I sent my parents a 1 gallon of coconut oil, and told them what to stay away from after they complained to me about health issues. After they ran out, they never purchased it again.
Sounds like they ate it - that's at least a partial success - you probably saved them from eating that much PUFA oil. I've given coconut oil to family - some of them have used it, some not.

I haven't had much success encouraging change in other ways. Waxing enthusiastic and at length about what I've been reading has been at best unsuccessful, and possibly counter-productive. :) I'm still trying to figure out how to communicate more effectively. At least some of my family will eat food I give them, but I don't have time to do much of that.
I think people would be more likely to listen to me, and with good reason, if I actually got healthier myself. So far, I'm still having just as many down days from my key issue as I was before finding Peat's work.

johns74

I think one can buy less expensive coconut oil in very big quantities (e.g., 40 pounds).

OP
R

Raypmom

tara said:
Raypmom said:
I sent my parents a 1 gallon of coconut oil, and told them what to stay away from after they complained to me about health issues. After they ran out, they never purchased it again.
Sounds like they ate it - that's at least a partial success - you probably saved them from eating that much PUFA oil. I've given coconut oil to family - some of them have used it, some not.

I haven't had much success encouraging change in other ways. Waxing enthusiastic and at length about what I've been reading has been at best unsuccessful, and possibly counter-productive. :) I'm still trying to figure out how to communicate more effectively. At least some of my family will eat food I give them, but I don't have time to do much of that.
I think people would be more likely to listen to me, and with good reason, if I actually got healthier myself. So far, I'm still having just as many down days from my key issue as I was before finding Peat's work.

I've been called a quack at times. It's really dificult for people to even hear this stuff, let alone listen.

communicating effectively has also been a problem with me. I seem to offend people instead, although not intended.

OP
R

Raypmom

johns74 said:
I think one can buy less expensive coconut oil in very big quantities (e.g., 40 pounds).

Yes, there are several different sources I know of. Very affordable too.

OP
R

Raypmom

Glorybee in Eugene, OR. $24 I think for 1 gallon. They also have 5 gallon, $99.

Aunty Pattys is another one. $30 for the galon, a little less for non certified organic. All refined bleached & deodorized. They are sourced from the Philipines, same product and identical to Tropical Tradition. I've also used tropical tradition too, but they are mucho dinero.

OP
R

Raypmom

I can't really speak on bad ones because I'm really careful about these type of things. But I also research, ask people etc for different ones that they have used before I buy. I started off with Tropical traditions, before I could find the same product for less. Shipping is a while from Oregon, but it's ok.

OP
R

Raypmom

johns74 said:
Thanks. I wonder about Jedwards coconut oil. Relatively inexpensive if you buy their largest amount.

I saw this. Description sounds like the same kind of oil. Sri Lanka, and Philipines. I think I didn't order this because it was not available in the summer. I guess packaging can be a hassle. But that price is amazing.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Raypmom said:
I've been called a quack at times. It's really dificult for people to even hear this stuff, let alone listen.

communicating effectively has also been a problem with me. I seem to offend people instead, although not intended.

"It is easier to change a man's religion than to change his diet.”
― Margaret Mead

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1975