Debilitating Grief

OP
Blinkyrocket

Blinkyrocket

oxidation_is_normal said:
Consciously and actively letting go & traveling will both probably help a lot.
I've actually been thinking about moving overseas... Seems a bit excessive, lol, but my best friend moved to China a little while ago and I was thinking it would be awesome to start all the way over over there.

Blinkyrocket said:
I've actually been thinking about moving overseas... Seems a bit excessive, lol, but my best friend moved to China a little while ago and I was thinking it would be awesome to start all the way over over there.

It isn't an end in itself, so shouldn't be viewed that way. Think of it as exercise - which it literally is for the mind and body.

OP
Blinkyrocket

Blinkyrocket

Blinkyrocket said:

It isn't an end in itself, so shouldn't be viewed that way. Think of it as exercise - which it literally is for the mind and body.
Yeah, I know, there's just something about Asian culture and also learning their language and possibly forgetting English (I know u can't truly forget it). But, I know most Asian countries don't give very many jobs to foreigners except teaching English -_-

ilovethesea

Blinkyrocket said:
Thanks, ilovethesea, I agree wholeheartedly, in fact that's how this started is I started looking through the "junk in my closet". I'm actually interested in the fact that stress early in life seems to lead to degradation of DNA and neurons in the brain? And that the fear section actually grows while the hypothalamus (I think) shrinks. I'm wondering, how do u fix this?

Hope you are doing better now. I don't know the answer. Did you try cypro or even tianeptine yet? I know lots of forum members did well with tianeptine for overcoming traumas. I think it does something to repair the brain.

Do you take thyroid also? This interview with Dr. Derry is very interesting: http://peatarian.com/27748/dr-david-derry-interview

"People who have had terrible childhood experiences (sexual abuse, physical abuse, personal tragedies etc) for whatever reason have altered thyroid metabolism. They are more complex to treat. They are different from everyone else biochemically and pharmacologically. The blame for most of their residual difficulties is not with their brains and minds but with their chemistry. I believe also other areas of their biochemistry are not normal. I don't think this has been generally recognized yet."

Also this http://peatarian.com/33981/childhood-ab ... d-problems

OP
Blinkyrocket

Blinkyrocket

ilovethesea said:
Blinkyrocket said:
Thanks, ilovethesea, I agree wholeheartedly, in fact that's how this started is I started looking through the "junk in my closet". I'm actually interested in the fact that stress early in life seems to lead to degradation of DNA and neurons in the brain? And that the fear section actually grows while the hypothalamus (I think) shrinks. I'm wondering, how do u fix this?

Hope you are doing better now. I don't know the answer. Did you try cypro or even tianeptine yet? I know lots of forum members did well with tianeptine for overcoming traumas. I think it does something to repair the brain.

Do you take thyroid also? This interview with Dr. Derry is very interesting: http://peatarian.com/27748/dr-david-derry-interview

"People who have had terrible childhood experiences (sexual abuse, physical abuse, personal tragedies etc) for whatever reason have altered thyroid metabolism. They are more complex to treat. They are different from everyone else biochemically and pharmacologically. The blame for most of their residual difficulties is not with their brains and minds but with their chemistry. I believe also other areas of their biochemistry are not normal. I don't think this has been generally recognized yet."

Also this http://peatarian.com/33981/childhood-ab ... d-problems
I haven't tried any drugs yet, I'm taking some taurine everyday and idk about thyroid cuz my TSH was .6 last time I tested and my CO2 was above the high baseline, on that note I don't feel good when I breathe heavy but when I finally calm down and breathe really relaxed my heart starts beating way faster and I get extremely hot, kinda like a hot flash.

OP
Blinkyrocket

Blinkyrocket

But childhood stress is exactly what I've had, my mom told me when I was 5 or 6 I told her I could feel the blood moving in my legs and that it was moving backwards and I always felt on the verge of doom. I actually slept in my parents room for quite awhile. What I've been crying about mostly seems to be intense regret over something in my childhood that I can't figure out, in fact I had a dream I was a kid and lost my teddy bear and spent a long time looking for it, it was probably the longest dream I've had and I woke up crying.

OP
Blinkyrocket

Blinkyrocket

I just looked up bradypnea and apparently less than 12 breaths a minute is "bad" my breathing is usually around 8-10 seconds and even then sometimes I feel like I'm hyperventilating. I'm curious what Ray peat calls "eupnea"

Blossom

Forum Supporter
This is not from Peat but I understand eupnea to generally mean normal breathing at rest with a range of 12-20 breaths per minute.
On the debilitating grief I can sympathize. I struggled for much of my life with what felt like overwhelming emotions. I do believe that what finally helped me was healing on a physical level so I could muster the strength to begin to process of working through the long repressed emotions that would overcome me from time to time before. For so many years I would not allow myself to linger on uncomfortable thoughts or emotions but they would just surface anyway because I had not dealt with them. Now I allow myself to feel whatever emotion arises in a non judgemental way. Instead of being overwhelmed by all the issues I need to work on I view it as exploring the emotions as they arise. When I do this I feel like I'm handling my business so to speak and it doesn't build up and effect me so strongly anymore. Writing in a journal has been one helpful method for me in exploring emotions. I couldn't have done this work in my prior depleted state so taking care of myself physically has been key. I hope you feel better soon.

Tom

Try vinegar 1-2 tbsp with glass of water...

Not sure if this applies to you or not, but I believe happiness is really about focusing on "others" rather than "self", which is not so common anymore in today´s world, but it was of course central in Christianity in the past and also essential in Buddhism. The deadly sin of sloth/accidia.

A quote from a book written over a hundred years ago:

"The inability to find any joy or satisfaction in the allotments of Providence is not, however, confined to those to whom the course of fortune has proved unkind; for the most utter weariness and disenchantment with existence will not infrequently be found in those who appear surrounded with every comfort or even luxury.
I quote the following from the paper on 'The Sin of Accidie,' to which I alluded above: 'A large number of women in comfortable suburban homes are afflicted in this way. The necessaries, and many of the luxuries of life, are secured to them; their husbands are in the city and their children at school; there is no immediate point of interest that appeals to them. Outwardly they might not unreasonably be expected to be thoroughly and unreservedly happy. And yet many a poor man's wife, who has to earn her living in addition to caring for her husband and children, is ten times as happy as the employer's wife, who has no such strain put upon her, but who, nevertheless, is profoundly miserable in the midst of her comforts—just because she has so little demand made upon her energies. The remedy here is to find some channel of Christian and philanthropic work into which to throw the mind's energies and the heart's love. It is wonderful what a medicine for accidie is found in disinterested and hearty service for others. The fogs of melancholia vanish, and the inner sunshine returns, when we do something for another human being whom we can benefit. How many miserable women would be happy if once they tasted the joy of doing good.'"

http://www.gracegems.org/23/Stalker_sev ... y_sins.htm

Blossom

Forum Supporter
:offtopic Interesting Tom. I could only imagine life as a comfortable suburban woman 100 years ago might result in some melancholy since they had time to reflect on their inferior position. Certainly the opportunities for women of the time were limited and largely dictated by an oppressive culture. Living as a human without basics rights seems quite depressing.

OP
Blinkyrocket

Blinkyrocket

Tom said:
Try vinegar 1-2 tbsp with glass of water...

Not sure if this applies to you or not, but I believe happiness is really about focusing on "others" rather than "self", which is not so common anymore in today´s world, but it was of course central in Christianity in the past and also essential in Buddhism. The deadly sin of sloth/accidia.

A quote from a book written over a hundred years ago:

"The inability to find any joy or satisfaction in the allotments of Providence is not, however, confined to those to whom the course of fortune has proved unkind; for the most utter weariness and disenchantment with existence will not infrequently be found in those who appear surrounded with every comfort or even luxury.
I quote the following from the paper on 'The Sin of Accidie,' to which I alluded above: 'A large number of women in comfortable suburban homes are afflicted in this way. The necessaries, and many of the luxuries of life, are secured to them; their husbands are in the city and their children at school; there is no immediate point of interest that appeals to them. Outwardly they might not unreasonably be expected to be thoroughly and unreservedly happy. And yet many a poor man's wife, who has to earn her living in addition to caring for her husband and children, is ten times as happy as the employer's wife, who has no such strain put upon her, but who, nevertheless, is profoundly miserable in the midst of her comforts—just because she has so little demand made upon her energies. The remedy here is to find some channel of Christian and philanthropic work into which to throw the mind's energies and the heart's love. It is wonderful what a medicine for accidie is found in disinterested and hearty service for others. The fogs of melancholia vanish, and the inner sunshine returns, when we do something for another human being whom we can benefit. How many miserable women would be happy if once they tasted the joy of doing good.'"

http://www.gracegems.org/23/Stalker_sev ... y_sins.htm
With this, the feeling that nobody deserves my help isn't a good thing is it? :(

moss

Blossom said:
:offtopic Interesting Tom. I could only imagine life as a comfortable suburban woman 100 years ago might result in some melancholy since they had time to reflect on their inferior position. Certainly the opportunities for women of the time were limited and largely dictated by an oppressive culture. Living as a human without basics rights seems quite depressing.

Well said.

OP
Blinkyrocket

Blinkyrocket

I'm curious about these "hot flashes" I seem to be having when I calm down and relax my breathing, they feel extremely good, but also really hot lol

OP
Blinkyrocket

Blinkyrocket

Blossom said:
And yeah, being told you can't do something is extremely stressful, to the point that u want to do it only cuz u were told not to. I know that for a fact, a few times I've done it and looked back and realized I wouldn't have done it if I wasnt told not to.

OP
Blinkyrocket

Blinkyrocket

I also just noticed that I feel good and just naturally was inclined to help someone instead of continuing what I was doing, maybe feeling good leads to helping others. Idk about the other way around since I've helped ppl and then felt horrible and actually blamed them for taking me out of my way to waste my time.

tara

Blinkyrocket said:
I'm curious about these "hot flashes" I seem to be having when I calm down and relax my breathing, they feel extremely good, but also really hot lol
I wonder whether that is an effect related to increased CO2 levels and therefore increased blood flow and oxygen supply? If that is the case, it would also include calming nerves and probably lowering stress hormones, so that would fit with it feeling good.
I don't think that's what people normally mean by hot flashes - I think they are more mediated by stress hormones.

OP
Blinkyrocket

Blinkyrocket

tara said:
Blinkyrocket said:
I wonder whether that is an effect related to increased CO2 levels and therefore increased blood flow and oxygen supply? If that is the case, it would also include calming nerves and probably lowering stress hormones, so that would fit with it feeling good.
I don't think that's what people normally mean by hot flashes - I think they are more mediated by stress hormones.
The things is they mainly happen when I'm going to sleep and I would say my breathing becomes almost unnoticeable and extremely slow, and my heart rhythm becomes relatively weird and it frustrates me because it also makes me feel unimaginably calm and euphoric at the same time.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals