Debilitating Grief

OP
Blinkyrocket

Blinkyrocket

Is it possible CO2 can actually be too high? Cuz I seem to have heart palpitations when I conciously try to slow down my breathing, the above baseline CO2 levels I had were when I was doing very low carb and doing breathing excercises to take long slow breaths and I was breathing about 3 times a minute and my heart rate was 55-60. And now im obviously high carb, my diet then was full of butter and coconut oil and cheeseburgers and salmon, as soon as I reintroduced carbs I seem to be breathing deeper and faster and to be honest it makes me feel uncomfortable so idk if its better metabolism or histamines or something like that. I also ALWAYS wake up with a stuffed nose for awhile now.

OP
Blinkyrocket

Blinkyrocket

Also, my heart rate has lowered and my legs r twitching and are kinda numb when I stand up, is it possible to overdose on magnesium because I first thought the twitching was magnesium deficiency but it only seems worse when I supplement magnesium carbonate. Im afraid to eat this potato now due to thinking about the whole potassium/sodium balance and how potassium can stop the heart, great, now my hypochondria is creeping back.

tara

Yeah, that dratted euphoria and calmness is soooooo frustrating. :lol:

I think it is possible to have CO2 levels too high, but I don't know how to tell if this is happening.
Twitching and numbness and worrying about your heart don't sound good. I don't think it's all in your head.
I wonder whether monitoring UpH would help figure out whether you are under or over supplied with alkaline minerals?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Hypochondriac might be a bit harsh Billy. For myself I think of it as increased interoceptive awareness that at times has caused some anxiety. That's not to say that true hypochondriacs don't exist but sometimes it's a convenient way to dismiss real suffering when an immediate problem can't be pinpointed.
Maybe you would be willing to post a cronometer for a typical day and also information about what supplements you are currently taking? There might be forum members who can offer some helpful insight. I know you are coming from a low carb background as well which could explain some of your difficulties.

OP
Blinkyrocket

Blinkyrocket

tara said:
Yeah, that dratted euphoria and calmness is soooooo frustrating. :lol:

I think it is possible to have CO2 levels too high, but I don't know how to tell if this is happening.
Twitching and numbness and worrying about your heart don't sound good. I don't think it's all in your head.
I wonder whether monitoring UpH would help figure out whether you are under or over supplied with alkaline minerals?
How would i go about monitoring UpH?

OP
Blinkyrocket

Blinkyrocket

Blossom said:
Hypochondriac might be a bit harsh Billy. For myself I think of it as increased interoceptive awareness that at times has caused some anxiety. That's not to say that true hypochondriacs don't exist but sometimes it's a convenient way to dismiss real suffering when an immediate problem can't be pinpointed.
Maybe you would be willing to post a cronometer for a typical day and also information about what supplements you are currently taking? There might be forum members who can offer some helpful insight. I know you are coming from a low carb background as well which could explain some of your difficulties.
Yeah, I need to do a cronometer thing at some point, the problem is I run out of milk so often and I just ran out today so my cronometer is gonna be a little different.

OP
Blinkyrocket

Blinkyrocket

I can however say that I pinch some magnesium carbonate onto any physical food I eat if I feel I havent had enough orange juice. I take Taurine, 1MG a day usually. Sometimes aspirin 325mg and vitamin K, interesting that I felt good and confident after taking an aspirirn and K the other day. And vitamin E like every 2 weeks I havent been diligent on keeping track of that.

OP
Blinkyrocket

Blinkyrocket

And, on introspective awareness, ever since I heard some crappy radio show talking about how you heart rate shouldn't be fast when I was about 5 years old, I've been able to feel my heart beating in my chest, like it used to be I just checked to see if my heart was beating but now it's something I can always feel.

tara

Blinkyrocket said:
How would i go about monitoring UpH?
It's an idea from RBTI rather than from Peat, but Peat has also said UpH should usually be between 6.3 and 6.7, which is compatible with the RBTI guideline. There's some discussion on this non-Peat thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4433&start=15#p62071
I've used either pH test strips or a pH meter.

Tom

Interesting Tom. I could only imagine life as a comfortable suburban woman 100 years ago might result in some melancholy since they had time to reflect on their inferior position. Certainly the opportunities for women of the time were limited and largely dictated by an oppressive culture. Living as a human without basics rights seems quite depressing."

I wouldn´t disagree with that, but then again, what will future generations say about us? There may be other forms of oppression that are as bad. Just the pharmaceutical industry, one sometimes get the feeling like some science fiction plot that the more powerful it gets, the more sick we will become. Melody Petersen´s "our daily meds" opened my eyes about this industry.

Just to clarify my point: I do think that the solution to happiness is largely to get "out of self", which may or may not happen by helping others or being occupied with something else. For example those that only help to feed their own ego in various ways, like wanting to appear to be a good person to ripe some benefit, get control and power over another, or just try to make the person exactly like oneself out of some sort of inferiority complex or whatever, these will not bring one out of self. It is more like a state of mind I think, that will take a long time to achieve. It makes me think of someone that donated a lot of money to say help out the billion starving people in the world, some self to selfhelp etc in a completely anynymous way with a pledge of never telling anyone about it. Such a person may in today´s world be considered a fool. But no one knows what this is like before he or she tries it.

Another quote from the same book on the 7 deadly sins:

"When a man's religion is confined to his own breast and is limited to anxiety about his own eternal welfare, it is no wonder if it becomes dreary and morbid; for he is like a person who never breathes the fresh air or takes any exercise: he is not fulfilling the conditions of health."

Blossom

Forum Supporter
He sounds like a pretty insightful guy for his time Tom. I think there is still a lot of hidden or more subtle oppression that goes on today. The medical and media industries stand out as being quite successful in their oppressive tactics.

OP
Blinkyrocket

Blinkyrocket

Now my resting heart rate is about 100 and I am burning hot after eating some beef that was in a tomato sauce that I didnt know the ingredients of because i figured I absolutley needed protein and there's no other source around. Is it possible to have a flood of stress hormones and only feel a little uneasy and not full blown panicky? because if I couldnt feel my heart, all I would feel right now is probably a caffeine like uneasiness and energy. I really hope this isn't a fast metabolism because if it is, I cant live my whole life like this and would rather slow down my metabolism somehow.

OP
Blinkyrocket

Blinkyrocket

Lots of heart palpitations, but my breathing is not deep and Im not hyperventilating

OP
Blinkyrocket

Blinkyrocket

I also just took taurine which makes this make even less sense unless taurine is metabolized really slowly.

SQu

Sugar - have you had some? Even from the bowl by the spoonful. Or honey.

OP
Blinkyrocket

Blinkyrocket

It happened again after eating some chicken and having some orange juice helped a lot. Low blood sugar maybe? Before I became hypochondriac I always knew what I wanted to eat and drink (chicken tenders with powerade, I always needed something sweet with protein). Now, I'm paranoid and it's hard for me to listen to urges because idk if I even have urges anymore.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Maybe you could come up with a meal and snack plan ahead of time so you don't have to worry about the MIA urges/cravings or appetite for now. I know it seems boring and tedious but it might help you get through without having to spend time anxiously worrying about what to eat. I lost all my desire for food after being emaciated and starved from low carb paleo and just ate because I knew I had to in order to live and heal. My hunger cues returned after several months of forcing myself to eat balanced meals and snacks including protein, carbs and fat.

OP
Blinkyrocket

Blinkyrocket

Blossom said:
Maybe you could come up with a meal and snack plan ahead of time so you don't have to worry about the MIA urges/cravings or appetite for now. I know it seems boring and tedious but it might help you get through without having to spend time anxiously worrying about what to eat. I lost all my desire for food after being emaciated and starved from low carb paleo and just ate because I knew I had to in order to live and heal. My hunger cues returned after several months of forcing myself to eat balanced meals and snacks including protein, carbs and fat.
I feel best when Im eating pork rinds and drinking OJ at the same time. I think a lot of this might've been brought on by my excessive ice cream consumption, lol. In order to get more calories, I didt think the PUFA was a problem since it wasn't like guzzling sunflower oil or eating lays potato chips (of which I used to eat bags of a day).

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I love that combo too! Pork rinds and apple juice is also pretty good. Sweet, salty and gelatinous deliciousness.

narouz

Forgive please the diversion to pork rinds, but...

I know Peat kinda/sorta suggested them at some point,
in some context, but...
When I was on long drives and would stop to get gas
I would see pork rinds.
And I do like them, or some of them.
But then I would think about them,
and look at the ingredients.

So...they're fried.
Fried in what?
Well...we know it's not coconut oil or even olive oil.
So...maybe some PUFA oil
or more likely lard--
lard from the same industrially raised pigs,
so...PUFA lard.

On the ingredient list,
I believe it listed a fairly significant amount of fat.
I can't remember what kind.
But I remember puzzling...
well...if there's fat in these things,
how is it not going to be PUFA...?

I think the chiccorones (spelling wrong I'm sure, but...)
Peat may've been referring to,
likely made more primitively down in Mexico--
maybe a different story.

Now, I realize U.S. commercial pork rinds do probably have significant and good quality protein,
essentially gelatin in a different form.
I just never felt confident they weren't also big PUFA delivery products.