Hair Loss, Abdominal Problems, Possible Fatty Liver

tara

There is another factor although I don't think Peat talks about it a lot, is iron.
Iron's Dangers
"Q: You believe iron is a deadly substance. Why?
[A:]Iron is a potentially toxic heavy metal. In excess, it can cause cancer, heart disease, and other illnesses. "

Luann

Interestingly sugars increase the absorption of iron. So I wonder if someone is high in iron, then has negative reactions from consuming sugars due to this?

Nevertheless I digress. Yo.

REALLY funny that you bring this up (iron stores), I have high iron and react to vitamin C even if the C is by itself (no iron in the meal). It reacts with the iron stores I think. Maybe someone can confirm?

Luann

"small amounts of vitamin C supplements, in the order of 500 mg, may mobilize stored iron, and this may cause oxidative tissue damage to membrane lipids. This is really not surprising, as it is well known that high concentrations of ferric ions oxidize protective antioxidants, notably the vitamins C and E. This means that with low antioxidant intakes, we can expect pronounced antioxidant tissue deficiencies in iron overload diseases. In this case, low levels of supplemented vitamin C are likely to be present mainly in oxidized form as reversible dehydroascorbate or as irreversible oxidation products. Similarly, any liberated iron would be in the form of ferric dehydroascorbate and other oxidized products, and it is these that cause the peroxidative membrane damage." Hemochromatosis

Found this

BibleBeliever

"small amounts of vitamin C supplements, in the order of 500 mg, may mobilize stored iron, and this may cause oxidative tissue damage to membrane lipids. This is really not surprising, as it is well known that high concentrations of ferric ions oxidize protective antioxidants, notably the vitamins C and E. This means that with low antioxidant intakes, we can expect pronounced antioxidant tissue deficiencies in iron overload diseases. In this case, low levels of supplemented vitamin C are likely to be present mainly in oxidized form as reversible dehydroascorbate or as irreversible oxidation products. Similarly, any liberated iron would be in the form of ferric dehydroascorbate and other oxidized products, and it is these that cause the peroxidative membrane damage." Hemochromatosis

Found this

Indeed, it appears well-accepted by others, my only reference is here:

Those with iron overload (ask your physician to test for ferritin, transferrin, TIBC and iron) should keep in mind that vitamin C increases the absorption of iron into the body, especially in the heart where it can cause heart failure, palpitations and others. Ferritin levels should be ideally less than 80 and transferrin saturation should be less than 40%. If you are above those levels, you might want to donate some blood or refer to the Iron Disorders Institute. A great book on the subject is The Elephant Iron by Roberta Crawford. Heal Thyself with Homemade Liposomal Vitamin C | The Health Matrix

RayPeat in his iron dangers:

" Vitamin C stimulates the absorption of iron, so it might be a good idea to avoid drinking orange juice at the same meal with iron-rich foods. A deficiency of copper causes our tissues to retain an excess of iron, so foods such as shrimp and oysters which contain abundant copper should be used regularly. "
http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/iron-dangers.shtml

johnwester130

Male pattern baldness and the shedding of hair are two different things.

facial muscles theory - taking detumescence theory even further

Hair Loss: The Mechanics of Male Pattern Baldness

Involvement of Mechanical Stress in Androgenetic Alopecia

fdsgdfgdfg.png

BibleBeliever

Interesting. I regularly do wrestler bridges for more than 10 years, both forward position and backwards. This involves my head on the ground, pushing forward and back. It causes great friction and sometimes "rugburn", which causes the skin to peel off like a snake eventually. I have noticed balding only in the regions where the skin calluses/peels off. Perhaps if I stimulate these regions with something I can reverse this. Hmmmm

johnwester130

Interesting. I regularly do wrestler bridges for more than 10 years, both forward position and backwards. This involves my head on the ground, pushing forward and back. It causes great friction and sometimes "rugburn", which causes the skin to peel off like a snake eventually. I have noticed balding only in the regions where the skin calluses/peels off. Perhaps if I stimulate these regions with something I can reverse this. Hmmmm

that sounds quite unique. I am not sure most hair loss theories would apply to you.

AJC

Wow, as someone new to the ideas and strategies presented here, and as someone who has been studying this forum just about every day for the past couple months, I have to say this is one of the most useful threads I've found. It seems that what NOT to do is many times more important than what TO do.

@Strongbad, hope you're still on the way up, as it seems like you were by the end of this thread.

There's one thing in particular (out of many) I'd like to discuss

And I'm sorry but I stand by my claims that ACTH is the central problematic area of Peat's advice.

He reels off a list of anti-ACTH reasons, but it is a fact that only three signals stimulate pregnenolone enzymes.

ACTH, LH, FSH. Unless sperm and testosterone are your main goals, ACTH is the real mood manager because of T3's role with cortisol, and the risk of prolactin. It stays strong until you die, the testes will degrade with age.

As many on TRT have found, you don't want to be all testosterone, and no adrenals.

Can you or anyone else elaborate on some of these statements? I too have noticed an extreme "ignorance" (maybe oversight is a better word) on the role of normal, healthy adrenal glands (not overactive, stressed-out ones) in the role of energy and resistance to stress. Perhaps, along with healthy liver function, this is another one of those elephants that tends to be overlooked by those adopting a Peat-inspired approach.

You post this image a lot and I'm no expert so I will assume it is correct. I think Danny Roddy had so much personal success with diet because he only had issues from the left circle and not the right one.

I think it's the same root cause. I for sure have felt the MPB pressure in my head. And I have the obvious problems from the left side. I think the left side causes the right side. I can't really see it possible someone having balding and absolutely none of the problems on the left.

johnwester130

I agree.

but it also seems unlikely just blocking histamine and prolactin will restore hair

Maybe if someone took a long term experiment of lisuride to block prolactin and aspirin to block histamine, and then showed his results, it would be interesting

But it is also unlikely blocking DHT will regrow hair.

OP
Strongbad

Strongbad

By stopping Peating, I stopped the downward spiral. But it's on limbo now. Not getting better, and not getting worse.

I'm now seeking help from a licensed medical practitioner that's an expert in Daoist and Western medicine.

OP
Strongbad

Strongbad

Please let us know what they suggest :)

Turns out I have severe deep pathogen infection for years. He prescribed me specific herbs with specific dosage and frequency along with some methylation supplements. It'll take about 1 to 3 months to purge the infection away. Unfortunately I can't recommend my current treatment protocol because it's specifically tailored to me, my mitochondria strength, my gene methylation blueprint and the specific infections. What I can take without problems may cause others to get sicker. And vice versa.

I've seen enough reckless advice thrown around here without proper diagnosis of a person's health history, previous health symptoms, lifestyle, food sensitivity, ancestor health history etc. If not careful, they may cause more harm than recovery.

This kind of thing required licensed professional help.

churchmouth

Interesting, please keep us informed of any success or failures.

I also feel like I am experiencing most noticeable accelerated hair loss after a few months of trying to apply peat principles.. I had some time to read through the thread better and saw your blood test results. I also have similarly high cholesterol. Did you end up getting the androgens test? I have high SHBG too. Are you a skinny person (I might have missed this?).

OP
Strongbad

Strongbad

Disclaimer: Below post is very non-Peaty.

I credit all of the information below to tyw because he explained this personally to me:

Milk/dairy, caffeine/coffee, sugar anything like xanthines (like chocolate) are highly problematic to people who have active infection.

That's why my health went downhill when I consumed lots of them. Milk, coffee and sugar are Peat-favored food. I lost lots of hair in very short amount of time, skin getting worsened, fatigue, feeling nausia, bloating, developing intense IBS, etc.

Peating is only good if there's no major pathogen present, because his method is tonify-only approach to treating disease. In Chinese Medicine the proper steps are 1) Purge the pathogen/stressor 2) Tonify 3) Balancing.

The tests I took are very Daoist medicine-ish. The licensed practitioner sent me a long list of questionnaires of current and past symptoms, past medication intakes, family health history etc. And he can diagnose my health by looking at my front face photo and side face photos. No blood tests necessary. Pictures of good enough quality will capture various full body representations on the body, and are thus themselves full body representations.

Then he can tell how much "stress tap" body I have. "Stress tap" is a measure of how much energetic stress you can place upon a particular self-resonant structure (like a human body, or a human body part) before it fails and is no longer self-resonant.

The number of stress taps that a person can sustain is an attribute that is determined at birth, and does not change. This is why genetic markup and family health history is important.

Then he explained to me how much percentage of my metabolism, methylation, ATP and mitochondria functions have been compromised by the active infection that I currently have.

Regarding of hair loss, tyw explained this perfectly:

For example, one can say that "Hair Loss is evident, with concurrent Liver Qi is deficient. Suspect Kidney Jing or Blood deficiency" => then go do the appropriate tests. Find out that Kidney "blood" is deficient, and that's due to pathogens attacking its complementary organ, the Urinary Bladder (eg: common to see UTIs manifest as kidney issues).

Diagnosis is done. Treatment can take many possible options, that may or may not follow traditional TCM procedures. At this point, if I want to say, "nuke the parasite with antibiotics, and then take Milk Thistle to support liver function", that may also be a viable option.

Diagnosis is distinct from Treatment. We can choose whatever treatment works once we understand the pathology.

This begs the question: How do you figure out "what treatment works". And the answer is to use whatever logic and empirical experimental evidence is available to you. There is no restriction to use TCM treatment herbs.​

TCM diagnosis is still useful -- in the example above, Western medicine wouldn't even think about looking to the kidneys over hair loss symptoms.

Issues like skin conditions, hair loss, etc .... are all internal issues. eg: Hair is just seen as an "extension of the brain" in Chinese Medicine, and "brain = kidneys" in that system. Correspondingly, we find poor kidney (and usually liver) function in all cases of hair loss, and a correction of said kidney function fixes the condition of hair loss.

Sidenote: If one is seeking traditional Chinese Remedies, this article is good -- Treatment of Alopecia with Chinese Herbs . Personally, I have my own testing system to work with such things.​

What leads to healing in any and all tissues, is the ability to maintain a large enough electrical potential across areas of "nutrient stores", to injured areas. This is the "injury potential", and has been traditionally been assigned to the Cathode (positive charge) of a circuit.

All the hairloss theories out there like DHT, prolactin, low metabolism or whatever are merely byproducts of active infection. Your adrenal, liver and kidney have been compromised. And milk, sugar, and coffee is very taxing to your liver.

Disclaimer: Below post is very non-Peaty.

I credit all of the information below to tyw because he explained this personally to me:

Milk/dairy, caffeine/coffee, sugar anything like xanthines (like chocolate) are highly problematic to people who have active infection.

That's why my health went downhill when I consumed lots of them. Milk, coffee and sugar are Peat-favored food. I lost lots of hair in very short amount of time, skin getting worsened, fatigue, feeling nausia, bloating, developing intense IBS, etc.

Peating is only good if there's no major pathogen present, because his method is tonify-only approach to treating disease. In Chinese Medicine the proper steps are 1) Purge the pathogen/stressor 2) Tonify 3) Balancing.

The tests I took are very Daoist medicine-ish. The licensed practitioner sent me a long list of questionnaires of current and past symptoms, past medication intakes, family health history etc. And he can diagnose my health by looking at my front face photo and side face photos. No blood tests necessary. Pictures of good enough quality will capture various full body representations on the body, and are thus themselves full body representations.

Then he can tell how much "stress tap" body I have. "Stress tap" is a measure of how much energetic stress you can place upon a particular self-resonant structure (like a human body, or a human body part) before it fails and is no longer self-resonant.

The number of stress taps that a person can sustain is an attribute that is determined at birth, and does not change. This is why genetic markup and family health history is important.

Then he explained to me how much percentage of my metabolism, methylation, ATP and mitochondria functions have been compromised by the active infection that I currently have.

Regarding of hair loss, tyw explained this perfectly:

All the hairloss theories out there like DHT, prolactin, low metabolism or whatever are merely byproducts of active infection. Your adrenal, liver and kidney have been compromised. And milk, sugar, and coffee is very taxing to your liver.

I've pretty much been experiencing this but really I have horrible constipation and that is what is keeping the infection there per say. Preg alleviates many of my symptoms, but the side effect is serious hair loss unfortunately. I'm in yhe same boat as you. I gained a lot of weight, I look like complete ***t now. My estradiol is high indicating to me a yeast infection since estradiol is the estrogen of yeasdt. I'm at a loss myself. Even "'regular" food gives me puffy nipples and ***t. I agree wiyh you though overall.