Can anyone help with extreme skin sensitivity problems/nerve issues?

My husband has always has problems with burning pain in his feet which comes & goes, but recently, it seems he is having a severe case involving his chest & thigh regions. Perhaps it is a reaction to polyester(?) ... it is in the area of his shorts & shirt. We got them at a thrift store, so they definitely weren't new. Not sure if this is stress related or not, there has been quite a lot lately...

He normally takes desiccated thyroid, vitamin E, niacinamide, and 50 mg of pregnenalone. We are trying our best to follow Peat guidelines; grass-fed beef, eggs, gelatin, orange juice, raw milk, carrot salad, potatoes & sweet potatoes. I don't think there has been a change in diet lately.

Does anyone have any suggestions? He says it feels like a bad sunburn and can't stand to have anything touch it... Pretty miserable going :-(

Thanks much!

jyb

Have you tried eliminating all supplements and protein powders for a week as a test? Those supplements might not be ones with high risk of side effects, but still in general it is so easy to have a bad reaction to supplements, especially a skin reaction.

OP
Y
Well, I guess it can't hurt. He doesn't take any protein powders but its worth a shot... it may be the niacinamide, I hadn't thought of that. Thanks.

tara

Sounds frustrating.
I don't know.
You haven't changed clothes washing formula recently?
Getting some zinc from oysters or somewhere?
Does it help to apply coconut or other saturated fat?
Is it swollen?

OP
Y
No, no change in laundry soap. It is not swollen. Haven't had oysters lately. We tried two things on two different quadrants, aloe gel & sea water, and he said the aloe seemed to help. Coconut oil didn't help, I always try that first, LOL. I am going to toss the polyester nonetheless. I've been joking that maybe we are becoming "organic." :):

They have been chem-trailing a lot near us but that definitely wouldn't be an exposure issue, considering it is where his shorts & shirt were... but I guess you never really know what is getting into your system. :-(

aguilaroja

yahwehslilgirl said:
My husband has always has problems with burning pain in his feet which comes & goes, but recently, it seems he is having a severe case involving his chest & thigh regions. ... it is in the area of his shorts & shirt.

One question is whether the burning discomfort in the feet and the more recent chest & thigh symptoms are the same process. For instance, overall peripheral nerve irritation less commonly involves the chest and trunk before all the limbs.

One thought might be either to stop the niacinamide temporarily. While rare, a few people get a kind of "niacin flush" from niacinamide that many people get from the regular niacin. That "flush" sometimes can be burning or itching in the trunk, even if the skin does not turn as dramatically red as when other people experience it.

Also, FWIW, I've had more bad experiences with niacinamide related to manufacturer more than any other nutrient. Some forms are really helpful, others are not. I suspect both disagreeable fillers in capsules and different purity in source material factor in.

The niacinamide is just one possibility, but probably easy to start/stop.

OP
Y
Thanks, aguilaroja. :):

He stopped the niacinamide last week. So far no real change. We had run out of our B vitamins, so I picked up some from Solgar (we have had good luck with that company) so we'll see if that helps any. Also, we used to use Nutrisorb-A but haven't been able to find it lately...

Mittir

For me, food and supplements are the main cause of inflamed or sensitive skin.
Any fried food or vegetable oil, even butter can do that. Starch can be problematic too
especially sweet potato. Supplements are always mysterious box of ailments.
I always add one supplement at a time to see if it is causing any problem or not.
Anything Polyester should be first suspect. Egg, Orange juice, gelatine, meat if it is not
very fresh can cause allergic type skin problem. If cow eats allergic food that can
make even the organic raw milk allergenic.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals