Please help - popping joints

Nicholas

Hello - i started having popping joints (primarily knee down) about 5 years ago....like if i *ever* went into a squat there would invariably be a pop....even one squat after another at times. this is an issue that seems to wax and wane....BUT....for the past 4 days this popping has disappeared....problem is, my diet drastically changed, too...... no milk really at all (nor yogurt, cheese, etc.), almost zero root vegetables (though getting starches from bread), much less fruit, and lower liquid in general.

I know it could be many things, but do you think my hunch is correct that this popping thing could be related to an unknown food allergy? like milk? or root vegetables? or potential poisons in fruit? i'm not looking for *the* answer - just to see if others can help in expanding my perception. i'm not currently craving milk or even root starches. if it is a food allergy, it would be interesting because i don't seem to feel it in any other area of my body.

other improvements during this time - less water retention in every area of my body, better skin, clearer eyes, firm nipples (weird)
negatives: upset feeling in stomach (probably from the grains), gas (not really bloating), slight weight gain.

bowel movements were noticeably larger despite eating less frequently (more calorie dense meals).

Please offer any thoughts. thank you.

OP
Nicholas

Nicholas

it just dawned on me that Vitamin E could be the factor - didn't mention that my PUFA intake has been much higher. this could explain partially the *short-term* improvements in skin, joints, and feeling less estrogenic in general. i know there's so many other variables at play, but it makes complete sense to experiment with Vitamin E now.

answersfound

Oh my god I have a freckle on my left pinky!!!! What does that mean? What should I do?!?!

OP
Nicholas

Nicholas

lookingforanswers said:
Oh my god I have a freckle on my left pinky!!!! What does that mean? What should I do?!?!

sorry, just looking for answers like everyone else here....except that when i look for an answer here it's often met with comments like yours or no comment at all.

XPlus

This maybe the result of tear and wear and inflammation build up.

If you've been heavily exercising, rest, well.

Aspirin for inflammation. Careful if you've got any genetic blood disorders (e.g. G6PD)
High doses require Vitmain K supplementation.

Gelatin for inflammation as well as build and repair.

Ray Peat said:
For a long time, gelatin's therapeutic effect in arthritis was assumed to result from its use in repairing the cartilage or other connective tissues around joints, simply because those tissues contain so much collagen. (Marketers suggest that eating cartilage or gelatin will build cartilage or other collagenous tissue.) Some of the consumed gelatin does get incorporated into the joint cartilage, but that is a slow process, and the relief of pain and inflammation is likely to be almost immediate, resembling the antiinflammatory effect of cortisol or aspirin.

OP
Nicholas

Nicholas

ok, thank you XPlus..... yes, lots of physical activity. will keep doing bone broth - but the main thing in my post was showing how the popping has mysteriously disappeared. wary of using aspirin.

XPlus

Then, the only way for you to find out is by reintroducing one food at a time for few days and see whether the popping comes back.

SQu

Only when I read this did I realize that my ankles no longer click like they've been doing ever since damaging tendons slightly thanks to aerobics and running way back when. Years and years. While I still feel stiff a lot, calcium is what I credit for fixing aching, that and avoiding yoghurt. It has such a pronounced effect. My tendons do feel better for it. Other than the calcium/ phosphorus ratio there are other peaty measures that might have helped. Like aspirin progesterone and gelatin. I'll try and narrow it down some more. But I can't stress that ratio enough. the relief from aching it gives me might be the single biggest improvement in my quality of life with peating, and there are some other big contenders including no more PMS and migraines.

Parsifal

oxidation_is_normal said:
post 89623 The signal to noise ratio isn't very good. Hard to say much other than popping joints without paint isn't really an issue.
They're not an issue but associated with a loss of flexibility in my case and I don't understand the cause of popping while it used to not pop and be very flexible a few years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

Giraffe

Parsifal said:
post 100942 They're not an issue but associated with a loss of flexibility in my case and I don't understand the cause of popping while it used to not pop and be very flexible a few years ago.
I have been told that popping means that something is too lose, and this in most cases is caused by something being too stiff somewhere else.

Gl;itch.e

Giraffe said:
Parsifal said:
post 100942 They're not an issue but associated with a loss of flexibility in my case and I don't understand the cause of popping while it used to not pop and be very flexible a few years ago.
I have been told that popping means that something is too lose, and this in most cases is caused by something being too stiff somewhere else.
That's what she said!

lol just kidding. But I usually get some popping in my knees when I squat. It usually goes away after a few reps and its not painful at all so I pay it little mind

OP
Nicholas

Nicholas

that's good to know. my popping usually goes away, too, after a few times and is never painful. i'm still very self-conscious about it though for some reason.

OP
Nicholas

Nicholas

UPDATE: My popping joints have diminished so much that i barely hear it anymore, even when squatting. have noticed it for 2 weeks now. 3 weeks ago, i lowered my fat ratio....it was around 70g/day on 3000 calories/day and lowered it to about 50g/day. The only other changes i made: stopped eating green onions and haven't used as much cocoa in my diet. I've also been eating about 2 cups total of well-cooked collards a week for vitamin k. I'm glad that table sugar is not a culprit.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals