Opiate addicts?

FredSonoma

Hi all,

A member of my immediate family is an opiate addict - can't get off them after going to rehab a couple times, always relapses. I try to tell my parents that I think it is a physiological problem moreso than a need to "change the way they are thinking." Does anyone have ideas about what kind of health / hormonal problems could lead to opiate addiction?

mujuro

I don't think there's ever been an addict in the history of the world who was happy on the inside. I don't wish to divert the essence of the topic (physiology), but has there been a discussion of psychological treatment?

answersfound

Low thyroid...broda Barnes never treated an alcoholic who wasn't hypothyroid...look up the rat park experiment on YouTube. Addictions will go away when thyroid is working properly. All the chronic masturbators over on nofap are hypothyroid. Get him some thyroid hormone ASAP

Sheik

Have you heard of the "Rat Park" experiment, where they got rats addicted to heroin?

http://www.stuartmcmillen.com/comics_en/rat-park/

Just a thought. A problem can be physiological, but what is causing the physiological dysfunction? A physiological approach might not be the most appropriate approach.

I know what I would do, and that is to try to help the person discover what is meaningful to them. I would be deeply honest with them. I would recommend books on eastern philosophy. These are things that helped me overcome many strong demons.

The whole idea of "changing the way you are thinking" seems... ineffective. :2cents

Is the person open to treatment? Is he/she feeling desperate to overcome the addiction? I'm asking because I don't think you can force anything on someone. It think it's best for you to be neutral, so they have the space to discover what's important on their own.

One more thing: have you heard of iboga/ibogaine? It has been reported to cure heroin addiction. It's a rough one, though. Only for someone who is ready for it and wants to tackle those demons.

mujuro

Apparently Israel, Canada and Mexico use ibogaine in the treatment of opiate addiction.

Wow. I am also surprised to learn that it's legal in Australia as well, but only if you can manage to convince a GP to prescribe it.

goodandevil

FredSonoma said:
post 111613 Hi all,

A member of my immediate family is an opiate addict - can't get off them after going to rehab a couple times, always relapses. I try to tell my parents that I think it is a physiological problem moreso than a need to "change the way they are thinking." Does anyone have ideas about what kind of health / hormonal problems could lead to opiate addiction?

Ibwas addicted to opiates for a time, thyroid is the best drug i've ever done. The world i thought was, and was not, melted after i took pregnenelone. The thyroid makes me not want to get stoned.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
F

FredSonoma

goodandevil said:
post 111629
FredSonoma said:
post 111613 Hi all,

Ibwas addicted to opiates for a time, thyroid is the best drug i've ever done. The world i thought was, and was not, melted after i took pregnenelone. The thyroid makes me not want to get stoned.

What do you mean by the pregnenelone? Do you mean it helped?

jaguar43

goodandevil

FredSonoma said:
goodandevil said:
post 111629
FredSonoma said:
post 111613 Hi all,

Definitely. I started questioning why i was so impatient and negative, like what was the use?

OP
F

FredSonoma

goodandevil said:
post 111737
FredSonoma said:
goodandevil said:
post 111629
FredSonoma said:
post 111613 Hi all,

Definitely. I started questioning why i was so impatient and negative, like what was the use?

Do you think the average person would benefit from Pregnenelone? Do you think opiates possibly deplete / destroy pregnenelone so it would be particularly helpful to an opiate addict?

goodandevil

FredSonoma said:
post 111746
goodandevil said:
post 111737
FredSonoma said:
goodandevil said:
post 111629
FredSonoma said:
post 111613 Hi all,

Do you think the average person would benefit from Pregnenelone? Do you think opiates possibly deplete / destroy pregnenelone so it would be particularly helpful to an opiate addict?

On the thyroid, i didnt really feel the pregnenelone. Im still working things out. Considering the dire state of the average person, i would definitely say it's possible. Thyroid definitely helps with withdrawal in ny experience, the sickness will be there but it means less. Opiate addicts might not be the typical person and i feel that pregnenelone is absolutely worth trying.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals