How much T3?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Here in the US you can donate every 56 days.

chris

That's quite specific, why not just round it up to 2 months? Is there a reason for 56 days?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Not sure why, but that's what The American Red Cross says:

Red Cross said:
A healthy donor may donate red blood cells every 56 days, or double red cells every 112 days.

jyb

chris said:
jyb - I see you're from the UK. I went to give blood yesterday but they were only doing platelets, so I am going again tomorrow. I saw a big notice as I entered explaining an experiment being done by oxford and cambridge unis on the frequency of blood donations. When I go tomorrow I am going to ask if I can get involved, hopefully they will take blood from me more than the 3 months interval they do now. Something interesting to think about.

If you enrol in that study, you can donate as frequent as every 2 months but only if you get selected to be in that slot.

David

I asked Ray Peat if giving my 84 year old grandmother with dementia 3mcg of Cynomel twice a day would be safe and this was his response:

"If someone is in a precarious condition, even smaller amounts at a time might be better. For example, a man in the hospital right after a heart attack started taking one mcg per hour; the doctors had said that at the rate his enzymes were rising they would be expected to keep rising for another day, but they started decreasing exactly when he started the small doses, and they had decreased the next day when he left the hospital, without symptoms. T3, sugar, and aspirin are the most heart-protective things."

So I am planning on giving her 1 mcg doses of Cynomel each hour a few times a day, but I'm not sure how many times each day to do it. Is it okay if the amount given each day isn't consistent? For example, taking only 1 mcg one day, then taking 3 doses of 1 mcg the next day, and maybe skipping a day completely. It's unlikely I'd regularly be able to give more than 3 - 4 doses in a day. It's difficult to be consistent everyday because she lives in a rest home and needs to be taken out of it to be given the Cynomel, but may not come out everyday or may not be out for the same amount of time each day.

Also when should I be checking the temperature and pulse? Before and after taking each dose? And when should I increase the dosage and by how much ?

narouz

David said:
So I am planning on giving her 1 mcg doses of Cynomel each hour a few times a day, but I'm not sure how many times each day to do it.

David-
How did you decide to use a straight T3-only thyroid supplement,
instead of a combination thyroid--a natural dessicated thyroid, or a synthetic combo like CynoPlus?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

David

narouz said:
David said:
So I am planning on giving her 1 mcg doses of Cynomel each hour a few times a day, but I'm not sure how many times each day to do it.

David-
How did you decide to use a straight T3-only thyroid supplement,
instead of a combination thyroid--a natural dessicated thyroid, or a synthetic combo like CynoPlus?

I mainly chose Cynomel because it seems to be Peat's preferred thyroid supplement. And when I emailed him about using it, he never objected to the idea or suggested that I should use a combination instead. And he gave me the example of the man who took 1mcg of T3 each hour that I posted above. Also, doesn't he say to see how you react on T3 alone before adding in T4 as well? I'll definitely buy some Cynoplus or desicated as well if the T3 alone is a problem. I'm not really sure, though. Maybe I should email him about it again.

gretchen

I just took the whole tablet (25 mg). I couldn't decide where to store the other half. Is it ok to leave it out exposed to air or should it be put in a container?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I put mine in a small container then inside my dresser drawer. Light and air would degrade it.