BLOATING

iLoveSugar

I have been talking with Ray a peat, and decided to go on a milk on diet (with sugar and an ounce or 2 of meat). I am bloating quite badly, even though I did before. It's just a little worse now. Why and how can I fix this? Since milk is so nutritionally complete, and my health issues are terrible right now, I really wanna limit myself. This bloating is unreal though.

TeslaFan

Bloating releases serotonin in your guts, and you should avoid foods causing such irritation. Remember, Ray Peat talks about milk "in context". Milk can be good and/or bad, depending on the context. If you miss crucial enzymes to properly digest milk, and getting bloated, then it is bad in that context.

I am glad you decided to try this. Milk requires at least five days of pure dedication.

docall18

Cyproheptadine got rid of my bloating in a day or two. If you dont have that vitamin C and zinc helped me.

docall18

Interesting....how much caffeine then? haha

Am currently taking 1000mg of caffeine. It does stop the bloating.

I think the cypro done something to the the symptoms (possibly high serotonin/cortisol?) from unhealthy liver but the caffeine actually fixes the issue. I always felt terrible on cypro. I think the body increases things like cortisol (serotonin?) for a reason (reduce inflammation). Reducing them in isolation with cypro is not a good idea..

tomisonbottom

Am currently taking 1000mg of caffeine. It does stop the bloating.

I think the cypro done something to the the symptoms (possibly high serotonin/cortisol?) from unhealthy liver but the caffeine actually fixes the issue. I always felt terrible on cypro. I think the body increases things like cortisol (serotonin?) for a reason (reduce inflammation). Reducing them in isolation with cypro is not a good idea..

That's helpful, thanks. I was actually already taking both cypro and caffeine, because I am hoping the cypro will increase my appetite, and the caffeine for energy, and dopamine.

So far, other than some tiredness, the cypro seems to be helpful. My waking temps have been higher lately. How long did you take cypro? At what dose? Was the "terrible" feeling the tiredness, or other things?