The Law & Order Admin
Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Such_Saturation said:

Excellent combo! Lisuride is pretty good on its own but it does have 5-HT1 and 5-HT2 agonist properties, so taking it with cyproheptadine blocks that but leaves the dopaminergic effects of lisuride. Cyproheptadine + bromocriptine is also pretty good and probably easier to procure since lisuride is only sold in a few countries around the world.

Lightbringer

haidut said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97235/
Such_Saturation said:

Excellent combo! Lisuride is pretty good on its own but it does have 5-HT1 and 5-HT2 agonist properties, so taking it with cyproheptadine blocks that but leaves the dopaminergic effects of lisuride. Cyproheptadine + bromocriptine is also pretty good and probably easier to procure since lisuride is only sold in a few countries around the world.

Haidut, What do you think of this combination:
Each 5ml contains:
Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride (anhydrous) BP 2g
L-Lysine Hydrochloride USP 150mg
Thiamine Hydrochloride BP 2mg
Pyridoxine Hydrochloride BP 1mg
Nicotinamide BP 15mg
Dexpanthenol BP 4.5mg

Its harder to measure being liquid but I had to drop down to about 1.25 ml to avoids extreme sleepiness and tiredness the next day. It did improve appetite and bowel movements within a week but the tiredness and sleepiness was crazy! However, the improvements did not last when I stopped it after a week. Have you found an effective on-off cycle for this? Thanks,

jyb

Such_Saturation said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97161/
Charlie said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97159/
Such_Saturation said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97158/ To compensate for the lowered dopamine!
Well yes, but how? What did you have in mind?

Like taking cyproheptadine and a microdose of L-Dopa at the same time. But I've never experimented with it. But it's sure to raise your dopamine. Caffeine and amphetamine, there would be no point in trying to sleep with them.

What happens when you take L-Dopa on its own? Given the importance given to dopamine on this forum, would be nice to get feedback from people who have experimented with it.

It will release dopamine into your brain. You can check many reports on various forums. But definitely something you don't want to overdo.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Kaspar said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97334/
haidut said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97235/
Such_Saturation said:

Haidut, What do you think of this combination:
Each 5ml contains:
Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride (anhydrous) BP 2g
L-Lysine Hydrochloride USP 150mg
Thiamine Hydrochloride BP 2mg
Pyridoxine Hydrochloride BP 1mg
Nicotinamide BP 15mg
Dexpanthenol BP 4.5mg

Its harder to measure being liquid but I had to drop down to about 1.25 ml to avoids extreme sleepiness and tiredness the next day. It did improve appetite and bowel movements within a week but the tiredness and sleepiness was crazy! However, the improvements did not last when I stopped it after a week. Have you found an effective on-off cycle for this? Thanks,

Well, I guess it is a good one if it affects you well. But the 2g of cyproheptadine in it seem huge for a single dose. I only take cyproheptadine when feeling a bout of "flu" approaching, so I don't need to cycle it. I think lisuride and bromocriptine are probably also OK for longer term use since people with Parkinson use them for decades with no side effects. Dose probably matters too.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Such_Saturation said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97356/ It will release dopamine into your brain. You can check many reports on various forums. But definitely something you don't want to overdo.

Why not take some BCAA + tyrosine and get some sunlight? Tyrosine gets converted into dopamine when UV light hits the retina. Since it is one step earlier in the dopamine cascade than L-dopa it (tyrosine) may be safer.

haidut said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97666/
Such_Saturation said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97356/ It will release dopamine into your brain. You can check many reports on various forums. But definitely something you don't want to overdo.

Why not take some BCAA + tyrosine and get some sunlight? Tyrosine gets converted into dopamine when UV light its the retina. Since it is one step earlier in the dopamine cascade than L-dopa it may be safer.

I'd be taking the cyproheptadine at night :mrgreen:

NathanK

Started cypro this week. Certainly feels pretty amazing. I run heavily on adrenaline and it feels like its giving my body a break; sleepiness aside, I feel much more level and have a very pleased feeling.

One very noticable effect has been my constant "restless legs" are much more chill. Im fairly certain this is from lowered adrenaline. I have been sleeping quite a bit more, but I always awake feeling refreshed. My insomnia is gone with zero problems going to sleep even if I had taken a 2 hour nap earlier (an impossible task before). I have a fairly high libido so I think that has come down a tad.

Lastly, I havent heard this yet, but cypro makes me feel noticably warmer all over (sometimes sweaty). Ive ncreased full bowel movements also so I suspect that its been beneficial on my metabolism. No real increase in appetite. Maybe a little, but generally Im eating a regular diet.

InChristAlone

NathanK said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/98006/ Started cypro this week. Certainly feels pretty amazing. I run heavily on adrenaline and it feels like its giving my body a break; sleepiness aside, I feel much more level and have a very pleased feeling.

One very noticable effect has been my constant "restless legs" are much more chill. Im fairly certain this is from lowered adrenaline. I have been sleeping quite a bit more, but I always awake feeling refreshed. My insomnia is gone with zero problems going to sleep even if I had taken a 2 hour nap earlier (an impossible task before). I have a fairly high libido so I think that has come down a tad.

Lastly, I havent heard this yet, but cypro makes me feel noticably warmer all over (sometimes sweaty). Ive ncreased full bowel movements also so I suspect that its been beneficial on my metabolism. No real increase in appetite. Maybe a little, but generally Im eating a regular diet.

Are you suggesting a high libido isn't necessarily a good thing? :shock: In the FB group seems people believe wanting sex all day long is a good thing.

Cypro is a miracle for me when I really need it, I run on adrenaline so I get adrenaline rushes frequently if I don't take it every now and then.

NathanK

Janelle525 said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/98016/
NathanK said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/98006/ Started cypro this week. Certainly feels pretty amazing. I run heavily on adrenaline and it feels like its giving my body a break; sleepiness aside, I feel much more level and have a very pleased feeling.

Are you suggesting a high libido isn't necessarily a good thing? :shock: In the FB group seems people believe wanting sex all day long is a good thing.

Cypro is a miracle for me when I really need it, I run on adrenaline so I get adrenaline rushes frequently if I don't take it every now and then.

Ha, no, its like my libido is moderately more normal in a calmer focused way. Less extreme and more controlled.

Taking taurine initially felt similar to cypro, yet more temporary, in lowering adrenaline and cortisol. I get adrenaline rushes, but I feel like those rushes are on top of a high baseline adrenaline that I have all day. Cypro really levels me. I figure taurine, cypro, and thyroid (when it works in the right dose) may be revealing low metabolism, but i dont think its that simple.

Something I didnt mention before, Its weird that I may feel more somnolence yet when I am awake my fatigue and motivation "blocks" are noticably less. I cant explain that unless stress hormones are blocking other functions. I know it can for androgens and as someone mentioned earlier that cypro could increase dopamine in some via less conversion to adrenaline. Then again, that theoretically opposes my libido observation though I think who said that was on the right track (quoted Dr. Mariano I believe)

Ive been thinking about the "restless leg" and the associated dopamine dysregulation too, which Such Saturation has talked about. Bruxism, RLS, and Parkinsons are all varying degrees of dopamine problems treated with similar drugs. I had a sleep study a few years ago showing that I "kicked" in my sleep on average every 30 seconds. Very mild, yet enough. I often have uncontrollable shaking in my legs during the day and have had a long history of bruxism (teeth grinding during sleep). Additionally, my family has a history of Parkinsons with my mother in the early stages.

After speaking with my Pulmonologist I am not so sure that if you have what I have that its a dopamine problem or early early stage Parkinsons as I was starting to consider. By lowering stress in general by eating peaty and taking more magnesium I have dramatically curtailed my bruxism. I never wake with a sore jaw anymore. My excellent libido, which is often associated with dopamine (though not exclusive) does not point to dopamine. Finally, my Pulmonologist cleared up that there is a difference, though loosly correlated, between RLS and periodic limb movement disorder (PLMD).

Exerpt from WebMD:
"Periodic Limb Movement Disorder Overview
Periodic limb movement disorder (PLMD) is repetitive cramping or jerking of the legs during sleep. It is the only movement disorder that occurs only during sleep, and it is sometimes called periodic leg (or limb) movements during sleep. "Periodic" refers to the fact that the movements are repetitive and rhythmic, occurring about every 20-40 seconds. PLMD is also considered a sleep disorder, because the movements often disrupt sleep and lead to daytime sleepiness.

PLMD may occur with other sleep disorders. It is often linked with restless legs syndrome, but they are not the same thing. Restless legs syndrome is a condition involving strange sensations in the legs (and sometimes arms) while awake and an irresistible urge to move the limbs to relieve the sensations. At least 80% of people with restless legs syndrome have PLMD, but the reverse is not true."

Additionally, people with RLS cannot go to sleep due to uncontrollable leg movement. I think that is an important distinction between someone with RLS and PLMD. Essentially one is a dopamine problem and another is CNS related. Therefore taking things such as L-Dopa if you have PLDM may in fact be counter productive.

So what I think substances that calm stress hormones such as cypro, taurine, and at some times thyroid has revealed to me is that this periodic leg movement, or what some call "RLS", is often in fact much more an adrenalin issue. Naturally in dopamine metabolism every molecule of adrenaline is first dopamine, but is somewhere along the line being channeled incorrectly. In all, at the core it "simply" sounds like a faulty metabolsm, which hopefully things like cypro and the other tools available can help us high adrenaline people can use to aleviate/remedy.

InChristAlone

Good post Nathan! I haven't had the RLS lately, I think it was an isolated event. The cypro helped me get a good night sleep last night after a long stressful trip, I had started getting anxiety attacks again. Now I'm feeling great!

Fletcher

I tried 1mg of Cypro before bed last night. Positives: Very happy that I was able to sleep through the night, and no stuffy nose on waking. Negative: Feeling a bit thick-headed so far today, wonder if dosing for me would be better in the early evening as opposed to closer to when I go to bed.

tara

Fletcher said:
post 98572 I tried 1mg of Cypro before bed last night. Positives: Very happy that I was able to sleep through the night, and no stuffy nose on waking. Negative: Feeling a bit thick-headed so far today, wonder if dosing for me would be better in the early evening as opposed to closer to when I go to bed.
The thick-headedness might wear off over a few days of continued use. But you could try 0.5 mg - might be enough to get you your sleep with less hangover next day.

answersfound

tara said:
post 98574
Fletcher said:
post 98572 I tried 1mg of Cypro before bed last night. Positives: Very happy that I was able to sleep through the night, and no stuffy nose on waking. Negative: Feeling a bit thick-headed so far today, wonder if dosing for me would be better in the early evening as opposed to closer to when I go to bed.
The thick-headedness might wear off over a few days of continued use. But you could try 0.5 mg - might be enough to get you your sleep with less hangover next day.

I get that all time. It's like I can't think or speak on cyproheptadine.

Fletcher

I ended up sleeping for a few hours in the daytime, too. Last night I tried .5mg and my head was a lot clearer today. Sleep benefits still there. Cypro seems super strong to me, god knows how some folk take 4mg tablets and more.

Makrosky

Such_Saturation said:
post 97356 It will release dopamine into your brain. You can check many reports on various forums. But definitely something you don't want to overdo.
It will release dopamine but you receptors for it will be blocked by cypro so I am not sure this will work. Probably they won't be so much blocked so trying the combo seems legit.