The genetics theory takes another hit

haidut

Forum Supporter
This is somewhat related to Peat's works. Basically there is a phenomenon called telegony, first coined by Aristotle. The idea goes against what genetics says is possible but has recently been confirmed. Telegony demonstrated that the enviornment, in this case the first mate of a female fly, leaves an imprint on the organism of the fly so that the subsequent offspring the female fly has with other mates actually resemble the first mate of the female fly.

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/ ... 092914.php

"...The idea of telegony - that a male can leave a mark on his mate's body that influences her offspring to a different male – originated with the Greek philosopher Aristotle. It was a concern to royalty in the 1300s and still popular as a scientific hypothesis in the 1800s but rejected in the early 1900s as incompatible with the new science of genetics."

Gl;itch.e

Wow thats super interesting stuff. Appreciate the digging you do haidut! :):

dd99

This is fascinating. Thanks, haidut. It reminds me of something I read years ago that younger siblings have some of the DNA of their older siblings in them, after it was left over in the womb. This supposedly explains why younger siblings are better looking and healthier than older siblings.

Full disclosure: I am the youngest of four :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom