DHEA Has Very Similar Anabolic Activity To DHT

haidut

Forum Supporter
As a follow up to the studies I posted on DHEA increasing DHT in animals and thus improving metabolic parameters, this study compared the effects of DHEA and DHT on several human tissues and found them to be quite similar. Consequently, in lower doses DHEA may indeed convert mostly into testosterone and DHT and not so much into estrogen. If conversion into estrogen is an issue one can combine DHEA with zinc to reduce any potential aromatization.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16797178

"...After 7 days of daily treatment with DHEA and DHT, 629, 919 and 562 probe sets were commonly modulated in the same tissues while after 27 days of treatment, 1195, 5127 and 2883 probe sets were modulated, respectively. In analogy with the data obtained with THG, the present microarray data provide an extremely precise and unquestionable genomic signature and proof of the androgenic/anabolic activity of DHEA. Such data add to the literature showing that DHEA is transformed into androgens in the human peripheral tissues as well as in laboratory animal species, including the monkey, thus exerting potent androgenic/anabolic activity. The present microarray approach to identify anabolic compounds is applicable to all potential androgenic/anabolic compounds."

kineticz

My E2 is virtually zero. I would like some E2 around the 20 mark. It makes me horny.

What dose DHEA would you recommend to safely boost E2.

Thanks

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
kineticz said:
My E2 is virtually zero. I would like some E2 around the 20 mark. It makes me horny.

Thanks

Daily doses of 50mg+ in humans usually raise estrogen. Virtually all studies using 100mg saw increases in estrogen.

kineticz

haidut said:
kineticz said:

Thanks

Daily doses of 50mg+ in humans usually raise estrogen. Virtually all studies using 100mg saw increases in estrogen.

Haidut seems like the go-to guy for reliable advice :salute

G

gummybear

kineticz said:
gummybear said:
http://www.vitacost.com/lifetime-dhea-and-pregnenolone-complex-25-mg-90-capsules

I use that one. Works for me

Good gentle doses in that.

What benefits can you report

Bigger penis, lower stress and more sperm

gummybear said:

Naturally, I'd like you to expand on that first point.

Bigger in terms of more tissue/gland/penile growth or in terms of better blood flow giving the perception of being relatively bigger?

kineticz

Well that was the DHEA trial over quickly, it's suppressing my ACTH again. Horrible lethargy and irritability. My basal metabolic rate has some ground to cover.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
north said:
Haidut, when will you make a dhea product? :D

It's in the works actually, but it will be focused on "bad" moles, if you understand what I mean. SolBan is for protection and maybe treatment of mild ones. But with the recent news of 10-fold increase in incidence of "bad" moles and this condition becoming the number one for people in ages 40-60 I think it would be a must have for anybody wanting to get rid of those "bad" moles.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
kineticz said:
Well that was the DHEA trial over quickly, it's suppressing my ACTH again. Horrible lethargy and irritability. My basal metabolic rate has some ground to cover.

Not so fast, maybe there are other things you can do:):
I posted some threads showing caffeine enhances 5-AR and raises testosterone and DHT.
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3573
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3582&p=59665

In addition, caffeine directly stimulates ACTH. So, in your case you can combine DHEA with a decent dose of caffeine (say 200mg-400mg) and see how that affects you. If the study results are legit you should get a bigger increase in T and DHT. That caffeine will raise your ACTH is beyond doubt - all human studies with caffeine that looked at ACTH report that it raises it. However, since DHEA (and progesterone and pregnenolone) lower ACTH (like you noticed with DHEA) the net effects of caffeine + DHEA combo on ACTH may be zero and you may have to play with higher caffeine and lower DHEA doses until you hit the ratio that gives you best results.

kineticz

haidut said:
kineticz said:

Not so fast, maybe there are other things you can do:):
I posted some threads showing caffeine enhances 5-AR and raises testosterone and DHT.
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3573
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3582&p=59665

In addition, caffeine directly stimulates ACTH. So, in your case you can combine DHEA with a decent dose of caffeine (say 200mg-400mg) and see how that affects you. If the study results are legit you should get a bigger increase in T and DHT. That caffeine will raise your ACTH is beyond doubt - all human studies with caffeine that looked at ACTH report that it raises it. However, since DHEA (and progesterone and pregnenolone) lower ACTH (like you noticed with DHEA) the net effects of caffeine + DHEA combo on ACTH may be zero and you may have to play with higher caffeine and lower DHEA doses until you hit the ratio that gives you best results.

I have got some 100mg caffeine pills here which I used for endurance in the gym. Perhaps I should use high doses caffeine combined with aerobic exercise to speed up and make the pathways for energy more efficient under pressure of androgens.

Strongbad

Wait, so DHEA promotes hair loss, since it increases DHT? :(

This makes me nervous since I just bought MRM DHEA 25mg and Pure pregnenolone 30mg and plan to use these to make me a few inches taller and lift my face for anti-aging. But if DHEA makes my already thinning hair worse then I have to reconsider alternatives or at least use correct dosage.

So what is a good daily/weekly dosage for pregnenolone and DHEA that's very potent for the reasons above but without hair loss? I'm 35 yrs old, male, 5'9" (175cm), 160lbs (73kg). I will also take Vitamin A, D3, E, and K2 to compliment these. Do I also need to cycle the intake or no? Week on then off? 4 days on 3 days off?

G

gummybear

cantstoppeating said:
gummybear said:

Naturally, I'd like you to expand on that first point.

Bigger in terms of more tissue/gland/penile growth or in terms of better blood flow giving the perception of being relatively bigger?

Longer and thicker. More growth

Better blood flow also though, this diet is good for feeling horny

Strongbad

So is 25mg DHEA + 30mg pregnenolone good? No potential side effect or anything, for 5'9", 160lbs dude?
I drink 2 cups of coffee (each uses 2 teaspoons of coffee) twice a day...

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Strongbad said:
So is 25mg DHEA + 30mg pregnenolone good? No potential side effect or anything, for 5'9", 160lbs dude?
I drink 2 cups of coffee (each uses 2 teaspoons of coffee) twice a day...

I'd say it depends on your DHEA and pregnenolone levels. If they are on the low side then it's probably OK, but I'd keep DHEA under 15mg daily. In some people DHEA raises estrogen a lot.

Strongbad

Ok big thanks :) Last question: do you think it's better to cycle it (something like 5 days on 2 days off or 1 week on 1 week off) or just take it daily non-stop? This is my first time playing with hormone boosters like pregnenolone and DHEA, and I don't want to loose my hair haha