Volunteers For Batch Transcribing Of Interviews

burtlancast

It would be awesome if all Ray's interviews could be transcribed verbatim, and i think the process could be accelerated by dividing each hour interviews in 10 segments or more and getting 10 members from here to each transcribe the segment individually.

This way all Ray interviews could be done in a few months.

Post here if you would like to be part of the transcribing group.

:D

4peatssake

Due to my current circumstance, I'm not able to volunteer but I do wish to extend my heartfelt thanks to you burt, as well as dd99, Blossom and all others who take on this fantastic endeavor!

:woo

loess

:yellohello

lindsay

I feel like there should be a free software out there somewhere that could do this for us.....

but if not, I would be willing to help with an episode :)

dd99

Lindsay, I'm sure there is, but I doubt it would be able to transcribe 'endotoxins', let alone 'ubiquinones'!

treelady

I will help, but how do you divide up an interview among several people? And where do we accumulate the various parts into one whole transcript so we can each add our transcribed part. Passing it back and forth by email? ...And then there are those technical words. I have a hard enough time reading them in his articles. I have to look them up to try to figure out what he is talking about. (Definitely need alotta coffee for that :coffee) I guess if we had a person with a more technical bent in charge of each article, the rest of us could ask for help when we had trouble interpreting?

I moved this from the original post...

dd99

We could set up a Google doc for each transcript and allocate, say, minutes 5 to 10 to burt, 10 to 15 to me, etc... If you're really stuck, you simply write in red in the document that you couldn't understand the sentence at 20min 23sec, or something like that, and move on with the other bits.

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

treelady said:
I will help, but how do you divide up an interview among several people? And where do we accumulate the various parts into one whole transcript so we can each add our transcribed part. Passing it back and forth by email? ...And then there are those technical words. I have a hard enough time reading them in his articles. I have to look them up to try to figure out what he is talking about. (Definitely need alotta coffee for that :coffee) I guess if we had a person with a more technical bent in charge of each article, the rest of us could ask for help when we had trouble interpreting?

There exists MP3 cutters that easily cut audio files; it can be done in minutes.
I will obtain 10 segments of roughly the same lenght; i will upload them all separately to a cloud, and post the links on a forum thread, with the respective names of the volunteers next to them.

The resulting achieved transcripts can be sent back by email ( in word format), or uploaded to a cloud service, whichever is easier for the volunteer.

Once a transcript has been completed, it will be send back to another of the volunteers who did complete too his transcription, for verification. If the first volunteer has had trouble with a word somewhere, he can draw the attention for the next volunteer who will try to complete the missing words.

This way, each volunteer makes a transcription, then verifies the transcript of another volunteer.

Once all transcripts have been created then verified once, they will be assembled by me and then posted entirely here, with a pdf attachment.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I can set up a separate sub forum for this if its needed. Could start a new thread for each interview, or however you think is best, burt.

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

SQu

Great idea! Happy to contribute. Looks like a great plan to do it.
slight snag: The mega site wants me to update my browser though and I'd prefer not to. May I suggest transcribing one of the interviews I've already downloaded - the whole thing - and posting it / sending it to someone?
I already have these KMUD ones :
Water retention 111216
Vaccinations 140718
Happy to download more KMUD ones if those already covered.

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

sueq said:
Great idea! Happy to contribute. Looks like a great plan to do it.
slight snag: The mega site wants me to update my browser though and I'd prefer not to. May I suggest transcribing one of the interviews I've already downloaded - the whole thing - and posting it / sending it to someone?
I already have these KMUD ones :
Water retention 111216
Vaccinations 140718
Happy to download more KMUD ones if those already covered.

Thanks for contributing: i've added your name :D

I have started with a thyroid interview, taking into account this is Ray's main subject of interest, but we will next transcribe the Water retention one, then.
EDIT: dd99 will use his poll http://www.raypeatforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=5152 to decide the order of transcriptions.

I've chosen MEGA because it has no captcha or countdown required, plus has a great retention time, but if you don't want to update your browser, try the backup cloud service i've provided
http://ul.to/i7gwyhxt; it contains a zip file with all 13 parts.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Count me in. :mrgreen:

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

Charlie said:

:thankyou

You get part 8.

Anf if other members volunteer while i'm offline, feel free to edit the head post to attribute them a remaining part, (as to avoid any hypothetical confusion).

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
burtlancast said:
Charlie said:

:thankyou

You get part 8.

Anf if other members volunteer while i'm offline, feel free to edit the head post to attribute them a remaining part, (as to avoid any hypothetical confusion).

:hattip

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals