Comments For TRANSCRIPT PROJECTS

dd99

burt, thanks very much for organising this. I was just wondering, why did you choose this interview to begin with? Should we not go in reverse order, most recent interviews first (I think that's Longevity)? Or we could use a poll. I know my poll only has 10 votes so far (only been live a day!), but 3 of those are for Herb Doctors: Ageing and Energy Reversal.

lindsay

Thank you!! I can probably transcribe my section today or tomorrow.....

burtlancast

In order not to crowd the transcript project 1 thread, i propose people post their comments regarding this project in this thread.
:eek:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Are we looking at a particular time frame on this burt?

burtlancast

10 days is a reasonable limit.

As you've seen, 3 parts are already made; it took me half an hour ( and i'm not an english native)

The ideal would be 30 or more volunteers, to have about 10 interviews transcribed per month.

When the site gets restored, maybe Charlie could make a pop up window to ask everyone to join the team.

I like the 5 min time frame for each part, because i think you get a much more accurate transcription than when you need to transcribe 30 min or such, and you try to cut corners here and there because you're in a hurry.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
burtlancast said:
10 days is a reasonable limit.

As you've seen, 3 parts are already made; it took me half an hour ( and i'm not an english native)

The ideal would be 30 or more volunteers, to have about 10 interviews transcribed per month.

When the site gets restored, maybe Charlie could make a pop up window to ask everyone to join the team.

I like the 5 min time frame for each part, because i think you get a much more accurate transcription than when you need to transcribe 30 min or such, and you try to cut corners here and there because you're in a hurry.
Thanks. Sounds great!

4peatssake

Hi Everyone,

Thanks again to all the forum volunteers who are taking part in this wonderful project.

I wrote to Ray this morning to both let him know this work was being done and to ask him if it would be helpful for him to get copies of the transcripts as this work is being completed. I felt it could perhaps be helpful to him in his work - perhaps for future newsletters, articles or a book.

I just heard back from him and he's given both his endorsement and thanks, and would like copies as well. I have told him I would send them to him as they are completed if that is OK with burt and those involved.

Ray Peat said:
Yes, it would be great to have a collection of them--it would be very useful, to help me fill in gaps in things that need more explaining. Thank you all.

burtlancast

So, we have the endorsement of the man itself :eek:
( not that we needed it, lol :twisted: )
( maybe he will give a look at this forum from now on ?)

Thanks to treelady for transcribing an extra part.

For clarifying, only the exact wording of Peat needs to be verbatim; one can sum up the comments of the host ( as they often are somehow confused, lol)

loess

That's great 4peatssake!

I am not a professional or anything but have done a bit of freelance editing and transcription work and would be willing to help piece together and look over all of the parts to finalize the full interview transcriptions for continuity, grammar, formatting etc.

It is probably a good idea to decide on a consistent format for each transcription. Have to head out right now but I will come back later with some suggestions and example formatting...but anyway for instance we might want to include at the top of every transcription: the full names of the involved parties, date of interview, title of interview and/or relevant topics covered, permanent link to downloadable audio file, perhaps even a small set of basic "Peat" links to things like RayPeatForum, the MarshmalloW site, the functionalps.com master list of interviews, etc.

burtlancast

Great idea, loess.
I will then just take care of the cutting and uploading, and you will do the final editing.
All the transcripts will be available for anyone to download in the thread, so no further intervention from my part needed.

All ray's interviews available in pdf format, fully searchable.....Yum !

EDIT: your uploaded transcript is called transcript part 2, but it's really part 4, just for people to know

OP
dd99

dd99

Charlie, I think you need to verify pboy's transcription (part 9).

pboy

my bad I went out of order...its good, ill verify charlies and whoever does 10 can verify mine

verifying part 8) words are all accurate, a few punctuation off but no big deal

second line second paragraph, between "completely." and "Your" I think its all one sentence, not actually 2 different ones. Second to bottom line on 3rd paragraph a comma between adranline and cortisol

(btw is this a good way to do this...and is this what you all had in mind? or are the punctuation no big deal)

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
dd99 said:

Ooops. :oops: I am on it!

OP
dd99

dd99

Charlie said:
dd99 said:

Ooops. :oops: I am on it!

I only noticed because I started verifying burtlancast's transcript and realised my mistake!

OP
dd99

dd99

pboy, I think you're supposed to verify BingDing's #10... Aren't we supposed to verify the next document in line?

burtlancast said:
The verification process is made by the volunteer above you (loess gets verified by Blossom; Blossom by dd99; Burtlancast by whoever volunteers for the 13 th part)

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Since burt would do 13 and he is 1, I thought we went up. Burt can you clarify?

OP
dd99

dd99

No, I think it means burt (1) does mine (2) and his is done by 13.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:crazy:

Somebody let me know if I need to do anything else. :lol: My brain, is tired.

pboy

sorry Charlie...I edited my above post if you missed it (verifying yours)

I did make a mistake, I should edit #10, since I did #9...according to initial post. Then #13 edits #1...so I should edit bingdings actually

4peatssake

burtlancast said:
So, we have the endorsement of the man itself :eek:
( not that we needed it, lol :twisted: )
( maybe he will give a look at this forum from now on ?)
No endorsement needed of course, I just thought it was nice to let him know what the forum was up to and find out if the transcripts would be of value to him as well. :P

It's a nice way to give back to him but I'm not sure if it piqued his curiosity enough for a trip over or not. ;)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals