Dietitians Are Taught to Promote a Certain Amount of Starch in the Diet

Amazoniac

tara said:
Amazoniac said:
Tara, if you don't mind, is the starchevore the firstborn?
Yes.
I'd say there could be several factors involved.

1. Longer more difficult birth.
2. I think my diet was less adequate while carrying the first.
3. I had an injury that made it harder for me to carry and hold the first as much as I did the second in their first year.
4. My diet while breastfeeding was still fairly low sugar for the first. I had started to eat some, but I was more relaxed about it for the second. The second may have got more nourishing milk.
5. I had more fixed ideas about what was healthy and unhealthy food for them for the first - probably meant he was a bit more undernourished.
6. The first has had more severe knocks to the head. The second has had some too, but I think only the first has had a definite concussion.
7. Their lives have been different - I can't judge which has had more life stresses, since experiences of different conditions can be so individual.
7. Being first may have other stresses of its own, in part due to mother's body being less adapted for it.

I don't intend to limit starch consumption any more than I do at this stage, because first is rake thin and I don't want less food going in.

Have you seen the other thread on Babies know best? I posted that study that Zachs asked, where the children fed at free will..

OP
S
I wonder if prolactin could be a good way to expel certain toxins.

tara

Amazoniac said:
Have you seen the other thread on Babies know best? I posted that study that Zachs asked, where the children fed at free will..

I've seen that thread, and other studies showing youngsters choosing the food they need.
It's not always practically possible to provide a wide array of food everyday.

jyb

What happens if babies are given the choice between cow dairy products and conventional baby foods (I remember those having a lot of vegetables and starch)? I'm thinking, there's no reason to wean them off milk, just switch to cow dairy for various dairy products, that should still be much better than usual baby food...but would they like it?

OP
S
Amazoniac said:
Such_Saturation said:
I wonder if prolactin could be a good way to expel certain toxins.

Interesting..
I haven't thought of that!

Edit: I don't know if this is an intentional process that happens or just a consequence of the toxins in the mother.

Well everything gets mobilized when you need to make something like milk. With estrogen you are giving a part of yourself, you are dividing, it's one of the most basic kinds of stimulation.

tara

jyb said:
What happens if babies are given the choice between cow dairy products and conventional baby foods (I remember those having a lot of vegetables and starch)? I'm thinking, there's no reason to wean them off milk, just switch to cow dairy for various dairy products, that should still be much better than usual baby food...but would they like it?
Mine would choose some of each, in varying prportions from day to day.

narouz

Amazoniac said:
No! I'm not suggesting that you do that..
It's just interesting how their taste guide them to nutrient-dense foods.

I know a couple who, I think it could be truly said, were phobic about anything authoritarian
in their child rearing approach.
I mean, they carried the anti-authoritarian thing too far, imo.

One of their kids demanded...and I mean Demanded
that he have macaroni and cheese every night.
And this was just like Kraft box mac & cheese.
If he didn't get it, he would throw a gigantic tantrum.

His parents thought they should avoid being mean authoritarians at all costs
and just let the kid eat what he wanted.

I...didn't think it was the right way to go,
for more than one reason.
Nutritionally it sucked.
And...I don't think a 7 year-old kid should have that kind of power.

The kid did grow up to have some difficulties.
Dropping out of school.
Mood struggles.

I'm not a big believer in the view that we all naturally seek out the healthiest foods, intuitively.

jyb

tara said:
jyb said:

Even if you offer a large variety of dairy products? It would need to include something solid to chew on (cheese, home made ice cream, some butter fingers as a more solid/warm alternative to ice cream...). Some milks are really sweet, so I could see toddlers going for that instead of vegetables.

OP
S
narouz said:
Amazoniac said:

I know a couple who, I think it could be truly said, were phobic about anything authoritarian

Nutritionally it sucked.

Dropping out of school.
Mood struggles.

I'm not a big believer in the view that we all naturally seek out the healthiest foods, intuitively.

Sounds like they started that at seven years old :lol:

tara

jyb said:
tara said:
jyb said:

Even if you offer a large variety of dairy products? It would need to include something solid to chew on (cheese, home made ice cream, some butter fingers as a more solid/warm alternative to ice cream...). Some milks are really sweet, so I could see toddlers going for that instead of vegetables.
There are limits to what range is practical to supply every day.
Mine had frequent access to fresh liquid milk, usually 3+% fat (now the starchivore chooses 0.5% fat in preference), fruit smoothies - eg with banana or berries, cheese of different kinds on different days (but at that time I was not making fresh cheese), butter, powdered skim milk, occasional commercial icecream. I sometimes limited the butter - they would have eaten more if I'd allowed it.

narouz

Such_Saturation said:
narouz said:
Amazoniac said:

Nutritionally it sucked.

Dropping out of school.
Mood struggles.

Sounds like they started that at seven years old :lol:

It makes me wonder if starches might be viewed as "addictive."

If you think about what we really are
in the context of our microbiome--gut, skin, etc--
and consider that (experts say) our bodies are composed of something like
5 times as many "other" bacteria, yeast, etc--
other living organisms that are not specifically, genetically "us"...

...and then if you think about all the stuff they're turning up now about the gut microbiome--
the "gut-brain connection" etc...

With those kinds of contexts in mind,
I've wondered whether some bacteria or yeast or whatever in our guts
may purposefully exert their "will" or influence on our guts,
our bodies,
our minds,
our cravings, etc,
so as to make us crave starch.
Because that is what said bacteria or yeast crave.
But maybe not good for "us." :roll:

Begs the question: what is "us"?

pboy

i don't know how true that is, I tend to nto consider gut bacteria..it think its mostly buzz stuff, but the immune system and intelligence of the body still can have a faculty or memory to remember, this food, toxic, that food not...obviously. I know that meat doesn't look like food to me at all anymore and the smell is offensive, eggs smell the worse to me. After not eating starch for 5+ days, it also ceases to look like food to me...at this point I haven't eaten any starch for 3 months, and in past year, probly a total of 10 times, each time it proved why I don't do it. One time it was a little white rice and it was neutral but still want that fun, another time I ate white rice by itself I felt like...extreme serotonin malaise and just all feindy for some other food right away. Sweet potatoes caused such a dragging down feeling and horrendous gas I couldn't sleep without waking up every couple hours because of it. And just the whole process of preparing them with a knife and mess and boiling water and ***t flying out and sticking to counters and all that...all I could think of was being in like...a war ration situation or some kind of like terrible situation where people had to make non food items into the closest to food possible. I know...I used to eat starches every day as a vegan and it wasn't that bad, but without stimulants I never felt as good as I do now

so I don't know if its gut bacteria or not, but for sure cravings to change depending on what you eat. Starches look somewhat edible for a day or so after I eat it, but if I satisfy cravings without them, their mild appeal goes away. Its really only when I would get over liquefied that starches became something useful, but still had their offenses, but it was better to get the liquid under control, that's pretty much...as bad or a worse problem that doesn't heal on its own, whereas the starches pass out the next day and its over with

if you really had to clear out bilious toxins, I could see a high soluble fiber thing like sweet potato or beans having a useful role there, it wouldn't be pleasant that day, but after it was over with you'd probably feel fresher. The carrot just doesn't really have that much binding capacity, unless you ate a bunch of them, and its quite difficult to get that much down

OP
S
Why disturbing? Toxoplasma buries in your brain and makes dopamine so you crave slot machines and stuff. But he's just expressing himself. Actually he's expressing tyrosine hydroxylase. If you don't like it just express calmness and assertiveness, for example by going a mind-boggling whole month without starches. Perhaps some naltrexone or an Iboga shaman would do the trick. It works for heroin users.

narouz

Amazoniac said:
until we eat foods that enhance their fitness.
A bit disturbing..

Yeah. :)
Here's the first bit:

"Abstract
Microbes in the gastrointestinal tract are under selective pressure to manipulate host eating behavior to increase their fitness, sometimes at the expense of host fitness. Microbes may do this through two potential strategies: (i) generating cravings for foods that they specialize on or foods that suppress their competitors, or (ii) inducing dysphoria until we eat foods that enhance their fitness...."

It calls to mind something like "Invasion of the Body Snatchers."

Zachs

pboy said:
i don't know how true that is, I tend to nto consider gut bacteria..it think its mostly buzz stuff, but the immune system and intelligence of the body still can have a faculty or memory to remember, this food, toxic, that food not...obviously. I know that meat doesn't look like food to me at all anymore and the smell is offensive, eggs smell the worse to me. After not eating starch for 5+ days, it also ceases to look like food to me...at this point I haven't eaten any starch for 3 months, and in past year, probly a total of 10 times, each time it proved why I don't do it. One time it was a little white rice and it was neutral but still want that fun, another time I ate white rice by itself I felt like...extreme serotonin malaise and just all feindy for some other food right away. Sweet potatoes caused such a dragging down feeling and horrendous gas I couldn't sleep without waking up every couple hours because of it. And just the whole process of preparing them with a knife and mess and boiling water and s*** flying out and sticking to counters and all that...all I could think of was being in like...a war ration situation or some kind of like terrible situation where people had to make non food items into the closest to food possible. I know...I used to eat starches every day as a vegan and it wasn't that bad, but without stimulants I never felt as good as I do now

so I don't know if its gut bacteria or not, but for sure cravings to change depending on what you eat. Starches look somewhat edible for a day or so after I eat it, but if I satisfy cravings without them, their mild appeal goes away. Its really only when I would get over liquefied that starches became something useful, but still had their offenses, but it was better to get the liquid under control, that's pretty much...as bad or a worse problem that doesn't heal on its own, whereas the starches pass out the next day and its over with

if you really had to clear out bilious toxins, I could see a high soluble fiber thing like sweet potato or beans having a useful role there, it wouldn't be pleasant that day, but after it was over with you'd probably feel fresher. The carrot just doesn't really have that much binding capacity, unless you ate a bunch of them, and its quite difficult to get that much down

After reading Weston Price's book, I decided to give up starch completely. Iv found that if I give my body unlimited supply of whole fat dairy products that I have absolutely no craving for starch. Also I don't have the same starch hangover feeling that I used to get without them. Most interesting of all is that I havnt gained any fat even though my total fat intake has skyrocketed. I did find starch to be very useful initially to lose fat and bring up metabolism but switching it out for full fat dairy has been the best change to date. This has only been a few weeks now but the positives include a gain in lbm which I needed from such weight loss, much better digestion with zero gas or full intestine feeling, no more energy crashes or mood changes which I would get if I ate a weird combination of starch with fruit or dairy and my skin is free of any blemishes.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals