Essential Fats. For Cancer

Richiebogie

From "Oils in Context":

Polyunsaturated fats are nearly ubiquitous, but if they are "essential nutrients," in the way vitamin A, or lysine, is essential, that has not been demonstrated. It seems clear that they are essential for cancer, and that they have other properties which cause them to be toxic at certain levels. It might be time to direct research toward determining whether there is a threshold of toxicity, or whether they are, like ionizing radiation, toxic at any level.

OP
Richiebogie

Richiebogie

Hi Such,

I was thinking of adding a verse about salmon mousse, but Walnuts seem to be much worse - 47% PUFA!

Of course mainstream 'science' see walnuts as healthy with a 1:4 ratio of omega3 to omega6!

Richard.

pboy

after not eating oils for a while it becomes rather obvious what they are about, not to mention the changes in body during the clear out. For the most part it doesn't even register as food anymore...no taste, binds the tongue and is like thick and greasy, eat it..nothing much happens, then they eventually come out in the skin and hair (whatever was absorbed)...I think in the past people used oils probably just as a way to not have things they cooked stick to things, like a light layer on the bottom...they never actually purposefully drenched things in or mixed oil into batter, like they do today. Its ridiculous actually. Like if you were baking cookies, and you put oil on the baking sheet then didn't add any or just what was in the milk or egg at most, you could probably detox that out on a ay to day basis. But adding large amounts to things...on purpose, deep frying, and all that...its stupid. Take oil by the spoon and see how desirable it is. It actually ruins starch meals also, you cant probably emulsify each bite in your mouth nearly as easy, its like thick grease plugging each bite up...but then again most peoples palates are so effed they don't notice anything nor actually attempt to sense the subtle nature of what they eat, or even chew or swish it at all

I don't think oils would cause cancer right away, usually major toxins have an offensive and foul taste and odor and all that...but they definitely predispose you to getting anything else...they gum up and slow the efficiency of your whole b ody, so what other toxins you do take in have a much harder time being dealt with and removed, and because the oils accumulate, and your body knows it needs to get them out, and the fact they are not water soluble, its a perpetual, non stop stress response in the body in the background. I cant even imagine how overweight people must feel all the time. Theyre also a major sucker of energy, beacause being fat soluble, your body has to attatch sugar and amino acids to them to make them somewhat water soluble to try to shuttle out the skin and in bile. So they aren't acutely toxic, but they are probably the worse thing overall because of their extremely persistant effect and energy drainage and channel gunking effect

Richiebogie said:
Hi Such,

I was thinking of adding a verse about salmon mousse, but Walnuts seem to be much worse - 47% PUFA!

Of course mainstream 'science' see walnuts as healthy with a 1:4 ratio of omega3 to omega6!

Richard.

You know, they also have the worst PUFA/vitamin E ratio :cool: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=4594

Amazoniac said:
But seriously, don't declare war against fats, not even PUFA, it has its place and time, and it's just about the dose.

Yeah, hibernation...

Such_Saturation said:
Amazoniac said:
But seriously, don't declare war against fats, not even PUFA, it has its place and time, and it's just about the dose.

Yeah, hibernation...

Humans are not hibernating animals. Our version of hibernation is ketosis. When famine hits, after about three or four days of no food, we go into ketosis. Depending on how much fat we have stored, our body will break down our stored fat for ketones for the brain. People can generally last anywhere from 20 days to 50+ days in this state. But in this state, we have to be basically not moving at all, because if we use our muscle, it easily catabolizes. Humans are primates. There has only been one primate discovered that hibernates:

"Madagascar's fat-tailed dwarf lemur is the only primate known to hibernate."

http://www.livescience.com/39425-lemurs ... ation.html

So butter, essentially, is famine food. Eat a whole stick and use it to massively increase your fat stores so that if famine hits, you'll have plenty of fat stores to live off of until you find a source of food glucose...fruit and starch.

OP
Richiebogie

Richiebogie

Such_Saturation said:
Richiebogie said:
Hi Such,

Richard.

You know, they also have the worst PUFA/vitamin E ratio :cool: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=4594

Thanks, that's an interesting link. So almonds have more vitamin E than is needed to keep its PUFA's from exploding - more antioxidants than oxidisers - whereas Walnuts have a deficit... And butter about breaks even.

However, the Vitamin E probably doesn't protect us from all the other bad effects of the PUFAs...?

Zachs

Vitamin e does protect from the negatives of some nuts. There is a tribe that is healthy and relies on a majority of their calories from Mongogo nuts. These nuts also contain the most vitamin e of any nut. Also the world's oldest father (fathered a child at 90 or something and still virile) eats diet high an almonds and dairy. Pretty interesting..

Amazoniac

In some cases, decreasing the metabolism might be advantageous. An example would be severe vit B6 deficiency. The damage from increasing the metabolism without making sure your are supplying most nutrients in the right amount can be much greater than staying in this hypometabolic/preservation state.
I guess this is one of the reasons why creating an infographic simplifying Ray Peat's recommendations might not be a good idea.

Westside PUFAs said:
Such_Saturation said:
Amazoniac said:

Yeah, hibernation...

Humans are not hibernating animals. Our version of hibernation is ketosis. When famine hits, after about three or four days of no food, we go into ketosis. Depending on how much fat we have stored, our body will break down our stored fat for ketones for the brain. People can generally last anywhere from 20 days to 50+ days in this state. But in this state, we have to be basically not moving at all, because if we use our muscle, it easily catabolizes. Humans are primates. There has only been one primate discovered that hibernates:

"Madagascar's fat-tailed dwarf lemur is the only primate known to hibernate."

http://www.livescience.com/39425-lemurs ... ation.html

So butter, essentially, is famine food. Eat a whole stick and use it to massively increase your fat stores so that if famine hits, you'll have plenty of fat stores to live off of until you find a source of food glucose...fruit and starch.

I'm talking about hibernation in a broad context, essentially the choice of being less alive as an option to deal with stress. The actual hibernating of animals is probably just a bulging of a particular feature or capability of organisms, it bulged into a space that seemed to require its presence at a particular point in the organism's evolution. If you are cold all day, your body will unsaturate your fat. It's a two-way (many-way) system, which offers a solid grounding to the concept.

Ray Peat said:
In aging, tissues generally atrophy, with loss of both substance and activity. Ordinarily, organisms react to stress with increased activity of the appropriate functional system, but when the stress is inescapable, organisms adopt the strategy of decreasing their demands, as in hibernation or the defensive inhibition that has been called parabiosis, the state of being “not fully alive.” In many situations, serotonin (which is closely associated with estrogen) seems to be an important inducer of this state. There are many indications that estrogen is a factor [e.g., Shvareva & Nevretdinova, 1989, Saltzman, et al., 1989] in functionally suppressed states such as hibernation, social subordination, learned helplessness and depression. Social subordination in animals often involves high estrogen and reduced fertility.

Ray Peat said:
In hibernating animals, the stress of a declining food supply causes increased serotonin production. In humans and animals that don’t hibernate, the stress of winter causes very similar changes. Serotonin lowers temperature by decreasing the metabolic rate. Tryptophan and melatonin are also hypothermic. In the winter, more thyroid is needed to maintain a normal rate of metabolism.

Luann

I know a really big lady who loves walnuts, which used to blow my mind because everyone said that Omega-3 rich diets were so good for you and good for your weight. "But she eats nuts! How is she overweight!??!"

Ulla

If you are cold all day, your body will unsaturate your fat. It's a two-way (many-way) system, which offers a solid grounding to the concept.

Huh, is that completely sure?
I have cold hands almost all the time.
So based on that I am producing unsaturated fats/ converting existent saturated fat into unsaturated?

Huh, is that completely sure?
I have cold hands almost all the time.
So based on that I am producing unsaturated fats/ converting existent saturated fat into unsaturated?

No I mean like objectively cold... you can only turn monounsaturated into polyunsaturated.

Ulla

Good. I have just a little chemistry knowledge but that one still seemed really weird one to me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals