Red Light Making A Big Difference

jyb

I'm getting a 500W incandescent (previously I had an IR heat lamp but seems like I'm missing out a lot on light benefits). Anyone in the UK in the same situation? I got the bulb, but I need the fixtures (wires, socket, holder) and seems like I'll have to buy pieces separately and assemble myself. I'm still looking for a lamp holder as I won't just let it hang from the ceiling.

gabriel79

Of course. But why would you pick a heat lamp for near red/red/orange spectrum when a normal incandescent or an halogen is much more efficient at those wavelengths?

Attachments

• Thyroid Boost 101.pdf
    57.8 KB · Views: 136

4peatssake

NCanuck said:
Yes, that's good and same as what I use - just a different brand. ;)
You'll need to get a fixture for it, like a brooder lamp.

Wow, I just did a quick search for brooder lamps (I couldn't find anything at Lowes) and found this website.
Prices are really amazing - $3.98 for an incandescent bulb marked down from $7 and a brooder lamp fixture marked down from $21 to $9.98

May be a good place to order from although I'm not familiar with them.
Here's the link:
Flemming Outdoors

4peatssake

NCanuck said:
Whoops, just saw you're in Canada! :mrgreen:

Same bulb is a bit cheaper at Home Hardware and they also carry brooder fixtures. BTW, I had to travel to a rural Home Hardware store to source the brooder lamp. City folk looked at me strangely. :lol:

Here's a link to the bulb at Home Hardware and you'll also see mention of the brooder lamps at the bottom of the page.

Sylvania Heat Lamp

Do these emit uv light as well? I wonder if it would be bad for face due to wrinkles from uv light and better exposed on body

DaveFoster

Makrosky

Damn! This is all VERY complicated specially since in Europe we have 220V so I can't order the bulbs you linked.

Why don't just use LEDs that emit at the preferred ranges (600nm to 850nm) ?

Last edited:

marteagal

@ Makrosky: I use the bulb suggested above as well as Red Light Man's 100W LED device. I notice the following: At least in my current health situation the somewhat intense LED device can quickly lead to inflamed hair follicles/keratosis pilaris when exposure of a given skin area lasts longer than about one minute. In contrast, the heat bulb does not cause problems even after three or five hours. Of note, however, the comparison is not quite fair since the bulb is placed above my head whereas I use the LED device predominantly for skin areas that have not seen much sun light for years.

But if I were you, I would rather rely on the overwhelmingly positive reports from the other members here. It is just that I do not seem to get perceptible effects using any supplement recommended and tried so far.

GorillaHead

What’s the difference between something like this and something like 250 watt bulbs people are talking about.

Attachments

• 6F704CD0-EE1F-48E8-9DF3-78062C03312F.png
    6F704CD0-EE1F-48E8-9DF3-78062C03312F.png
    241.3 KB · Views: 11

bk_

What’s the difference between something like this and something like 250 watt bulbs people are talking about.
The LEDs target specific wavelengths for healing but you won't feel much radiant heat from them.

The 250W heat light bulbs are broad spectrum towards the IR range of the spectrum. They provide the some power at many healing wavelengths and provide a lot of heat which can help people with poor circulation and cold limbs during cold seasons.