Fluoride And Mexican Coca Cola

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
All this talk about fluoride got me to thinking. Does Mexican Coke have fluoride in it? :confused

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Ugggh, so I called the 1-800 number on the bottle and talked to a nice gentleman. He said since they use the local water supply, that whatever is in the water supply would also be in the coke. He said there are several places in Mexico that bottle it, so it would be hard to pin point what comes from where.

So, I guess, yesterday, I enjoyed my last bottle........... of coke!. :banghead :cuss

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
It probably comes back to the same thing, what water supply are they using.....

R

ratcheer

RP has mentioned - in a radio interview I think - that Mexican Coke will usually NOT have fluoride. Not many places in Mexico fluoridate their water.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Ratcheer, welcome to the forum! :welcome

That would be some great news if so. But, the guy on the phone said most likely it would have fluoride. Maybe he doesn't know the entire story, I dunno.

FunkOdyssey

I can imagine much worse things than flouride in local mexican water sources.

Attachments

• Demystifying dementia.doc
    58 KB · Views: 82
OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:rolling I have some coke for sale, cheap. :drinkingbuddies

Birdie

ratcheer said:
RP has mentioned - in a radio interview I think - that Mexican Coke will usually NOT have fluoride. Not many places in Mexico fluoridate their water.
That was what came to my mind when I thought about this.

PeatFeat

Charlie said:
:rolling I have some coke for sale, cheap. :drinkingbuddies

Charlie,
I too avoid fluoride at all costs due to my slow thyroid. That being said, I don't think an occasional coke made with fluoridated water is going to do much harm. Being too strict with any diet or eating style can have it's negative effects, which i've learned. Don't deprive yourself of something you enjoy for a relatively insignificant reason. Trust me, the stress would likely do more harm than good. Besides, we don't even know for sure if they use fluoride in their water.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
PeatFeat, thats some good advice about not "stressing it". I do have my one coke a day which I don't stress at all. I actually quite enjoy it. :)

pboy

Anyone ever tried using a home carbonation machine to make their own soda?