Thyroid Supplement

nwo2012

Personally I wouldn't consume PEG but i am very particular about what chemicals I will knowingly ingest. But the active components sound of very good quality. Will stick with Nutripak and t3/t4.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
nwo, I found this on one site saying what it contains.

"Nature-Throid tablets 65mg contain a desiccated (dried) extract of pig thyroid glands, which contains both forms of thyroid hormone; thyroxine (levothyroxine or T4) and liothyronine (L-triiodothyronine or T3) in the ratio 4.22:1 of T4 to T3, as T3 is approximately four times as potent as T4 on a microgram for microgram basis. Nature-Throid tablets 65mg also contain colloidal silicon dioxide, dicalcium phosphate, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, croscarmellose sodium, stearic acid, Opadry II 85F19316 Clear."

nwo2012

Charlie said:
nwo, I found this on one site saying what it contains.

"Nature-Throid tablets 65mg contain a desiccated (dried) extract of pig thyroid glands, which contains both forms of thyroid hormone; thyroxine (levothyroxine or T4) and liothyronine (L-triiodothyronine or T3) in the ratio 4.22:1 of T4 to T3, as T3 is approximately four times as potent as T4 on a microgram for microgram basis. Nature-Throid tablets 65mg also contain colloidal silicon dioxide, dicalcium phosphate, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, croscarmellose sodium, stearic acid, Opadry II 85F19316 Clear."

Clear film coat: opadry II 85F19316 (contains polyvinyl alcohol USP, talc USP and polyethylene glycol NF

Again PEG, which is often contaminated with 1,4-dioxane (very potenet carcinogen), is reason enough for me to steer clear. Again everyone needs to make their own choice as to risk etc.

On a side note, to illustrate the messed up world we live in, Johnson and Johnsons 'No More Tears' baby shampoo was found to be contaminated with 1,2-dioxane (SLS production), amongst other carcinogens such as formaldehyde.

sileindigo

Darn--I was going to try the Thyroid-S, but it looks like that's not such a good one after all! :-(
I've been using little pieces of frozen bison thyroid, but its a bit difficult to take with you when you're on a trip, and hard to measure out, so I'm looking for something more portable and accurate.
I wonder if there is some way to "dessicate" your own? And how that would be done? I do have a gram scale that measures down to hundreths I think...

nwo2012

sileindigo said:
Darn--I was going to try the Thyroid-S, but it looks like that's not such a good one after all! :-(
I've been using little pieces of frozen bison thyroid, but its a bit difficult to take with you when you're on a trip, and hard to measure out, so I'm looking for something more portable and accurate.
I wonder if there is some way to "dessicate" your own? And how that would be done? I do have a gram scale that measures down to hundreths I think...

I think you should be able to buy a desiccator online somehwere.

Nick810

So far so good on Naturethroid. Need to measure the effects on hair loss in isolation over coming days, but so far I'd say, it does great for temps, gives me a sort of "high" feeling, and gives me energy.

So pretty good I'd say, maybe I need to experiment or more solid nibbling through the day, instead of chunks.

nwo2012

Nickje said:
So far so good on Naturethroid. Need to measure the effects on hair loss in isolation over coming days, but so far I'd say, it does great for temps, gives me a sort of "high" feeling, and gives me energy.

So pretty good I'd say, maybe I need to experiment or more solid nibbling through the day, instead of chunks.

Sounds very promising. What else have you used (cynomel, cynoplus, other dessicated thyroids) that you could compare its effects to? So Are you finding it easy to get into that target for the afternoon's temps and pulse?

Nick810

I've used Cynomel... which worked great at first, but had anti-hair effects after a while. Hoping I don't get the same on Nature-throid. Temps are much much better. And I'm splitting approx half a grain (32mg) through a day.

nwo2012

Nickje said:
I've used Cynomel... which worked great at first, but had anti-hair effects after a while. Hoping I don't get the same on Nature-throid. Temps are much much better. And I'm splitting approx half a grain (32mg) through a day.

Hmmm does indeed sound really good quality. I just dont get wtf they have to use all those excipients, they really serve no purpose. But good going, hopefully you wont get the hair issues.

I've ordered some Cynomel and will be taking it once it arrives in the mail. I'm hoping it will help with bloating, inflammation and mood.

Has anyone here seen an improvement in mood and optimism since taking thyroid?

cliff

solaire_of_astora said:
I've ordered some Cynomel and will be taking it once it arrives in the mail. I'm hoping it will help with bloating, inflammation and mood.

"When I used only Cytomel, any little stress would make me suddenly hypothyroid, and my heart would stop several times in a minute; when I started using some thyroid, USP, that contained both T4 and T3 it stopped happening."-RP

nwo2012

solaire_of_astora said:
Thanks, Cliff. I'll Probably get some Cynoplus too then, but I'm going to see how just the T3 goes for a bit.

I think he was meaning with T4 in the system is when to use T3. You would have a dose of cynoplus in the morning and then you could still nibble on the cynomel as needed. I does twice daily with cynoplus but find a nibble of T3 helps me focus when studying and also a nibble before bed makes me very relaxed and ready for sleep. T4 has a long half-life so is always working in the background.

Nick810

solaire_of_astora said:

Yep definitely (Naturethroid), at first made me a little "high feeling" now I'm probably used to dosage, but much less angry/down feelings, more happy/energetic

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I was HYPERthyroid for a couple days there, thats why I kinda took a break from posting. Holy moly not a good feeling at all. Peat said he liked the feeling, NOT ME! I have been hypo all my life, and my body just did not like that sped up state. Needless to say, be careful with raising your doses and GO SLOWLY! This stuff is POWERFUL and to be respected!!!!

BTW, I was taking thiroyd, and I was up to 4.5 grains in one months time. Yes, I know, not smart, I went up too fast. :error This stuff is no joke, use the force wisely.

Nick810

Yea that's crazy high. I'm on 2 grain/day after about a week or 2 and it seems good. Although I want to test ramping it up to see if it has the potential to stop hair loss.

Were you splitting up the doses? I'm doing 0.5grain 4xday.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Was splitting it into 2 doses, breakfast and lunch.

nwo2012

Charlie said:
I was HYPERthyroid for a couple days there, thats why I kinda took a break from posting. Holy moly not a good feeling at all. Peat said he liked the feeling, NOT ME! I have been hypo all my life, and my body just did not like that sped up state. Needless to say, be careful with raising your doses and GO SLOWLY! This stuff is POWERFUL and to be respected!!!!

BTW, I was taking thiroyd, and I was up to 4.5 grains in one months time. Yes, I know, not smart, I went up too fast. :error This stuff is no joke, use the force wisely.

Thats why its best to stick to known guidelines. Takes a little longer but you wont go hyper nor have any episodes of runaway adrenaline/cortisol. Im patiently following these. Doesnt only apply to nutripak of course, all thyroid including cynoplus. (what Im using mainly).

http://www.longnaturalhealth.com/sites/ ... dHowTo.pdf

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
nwo2012 said:
Thats why its best to stick to known guidelines. Takes a little longer but you wont go hyper nor have any episodes of runaway adrenaline/cortisol. Im patiently following these. Doesnt only apply to nutripak of course, all thyroid including cynoplus. (what Im using mainly).

http://www.longnaturalhealth.com/sites/ ... dHowTo.pdf

That link you give is kick butt! Thank you! We need to make sure everyone sees this who is going to supplement with thyroid.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals